Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2024, 03:58 PM   #1

New To Me KPX250

Pretty excited about the new KPX. It showed up last week as expected.
Venom Motorsports had a decent deal. The bike seems fantastic. Build quality is better than expected. I had a CSC TT250 previously and this seems like it is the next generation TT250, like the direction CSC should go in the future.

However,... do not buy the "Racing Hand Guards" from Venom. They are super over priced and not what I thought they were. They are made for Grom sized bikes and little 50cc kids bikes and are all flimsy plastic.

This is identical to what they sent: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Handguards-Protector-Protection-Motocross/dp/B07DYRCCSH/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?crid=THBNKWT1HIIX&keywords=plasti c%2Bmini%2Bbike%2Bhandguards&qid=1704228117&sprefi x=plastic%2Bminibike%2Bhandgaurds%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-11-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

I am embarrassed to install them on my KPX. Not sure what I'll do with them, probably just toss 'em out.

Otherwise, Venom did a great job.

The shipper left the 400lb crate at the end of my 90ft gravel driveway without telling me about it or setting up a time to deliver. Just dropped it in the road and left. Not Venom's fault at all. I don't have a fork truck so it was interesting to get that thing up to the house without assembling it in the road. Long story.

Anyway, I only have put 10 miles on it, due to holidays, etc. Seems great. Did the usual assembly stuff using loctite on everything, replaced oil/filter/spark plug, blah blah blah.

Looking forward to many fun miles on street and trail. Now time to go browse tires, real hand guards, and other farkles....