Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues

Old 09-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Don't buy from txpowersports if you live in GEORGIA

You can not register Txpowersports bikes if you live in Georgia,

Georgia requires the Sheriff verify the NHTSA label, The bikes from Txpowersports do NOT have this label, not sure but all Hawks and Magicians may be this way, all Chinese bikes may not have the label, I do not know, ASK before buying!

ALSO, my VIN came back as invalid. The vin readers on the internet can't decode them either

Txpowersports also charge a 30% restocking fee + you pay return shipping. (Close to half the price of the bike) It is in the fine print but this is a heads up. DON"T DO IT.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #2

I have seen online retailers replace bikes that buyers could not register in certain states, with DOT certified bikes. I am sure you will have an uphill battle, but to me, TXpowersports bears some of the responsibility (as other retailers have done) because you assumed the bike could be registered in Georgia. I would pursue this angle, and point them in the direction of Chinariders. Member 'Azhule' had a negative experience with them, and made his feelings known publicly here on Chinariders, which I am sure cost them some sales.

The owner, joined here a few months back to accept some praise from one of the members, and would not respond to Azhule's concerns on the same thread. Perhaps, you can find that thread and revive it with the negative of being sent a bike you cannot register.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #3

Hey Jmcgee

I'm considering buying a Hawk. I live in Flowery Branch, Georgia; Did you get the registration/title/tag issues worked out with your bike?

Old 11-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Hey Jmcgee

I'm considering buying a Hawk. I live in Flowery Branch, Georgia; Did you get the registration/title/tag issues worked out with your bike?
I believe Georgia is iffy with the Hawk (county by county). Remember, the Hawk is an off-road bike in the same class of bikes like an MX bike. Just because it has all street equipment, does not make it an on-road bike in the eyes of the law. The only way this happens is if you live in a state or county that will street register and plate bikes that have all street equipment (many states used to do this, and there were many dirt bikes with Baja light kits street plated years ago). The Hawk is in this class of bike if you happen to live in one of many dozens of states that street plate most anything that has a minimum of street equipment--I live in Arizona and would have no problem. Texas is another state. But Georgia has given people problems lately (some were able to plate early in the process, but the state might have caught on, although some from Georgia believe it is a county thing). If you cannot find out for sure--DO NOT ORDER ONE!

On the other hand, Bashan bikes are 49 state certified (Californians need not apply) so you would be good to go if you ordered a Bashan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #5

My Bashan Storm has the sticker on the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161106_132027.jpg (99.1 KB, 993 views)

Old 11-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Hey Jmcgee

no, it is not registered............ as a magician, I had an old ninja I registered

Old 11-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #7

This would have been valuable information last Monday

I posted about my experience so far with TXPowersports on the new riders thread. I haven't even gotten the paperwork yet, and I've already done some mods and tinkering with the bike. I really hope that when the paperwork gets here I can get a tag for the bike. I'm going to me more than a little cranky if I just dropped $1,400 plus another $300 in mods for a glorified paperweight... On a slightly happier note, I'm really pleased with the bike so far. I'll keep everyone posted once my paperwork arrives and I make my first (of perhaps many) trip to the DMV.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-30-2016, 01:12 AM   #8

Hi we are sorry you could not get it register we know some states require NHTSA sticker this is why we posted on our web site Txpowersports.com https://www.txpowersports.com/New_ha...bike-250cc.htm

the following ...

BUY RPS Ricky Power Sports DIRT-BIKE-250CC HAWK ONLINE !
*May not be street legal in all states*
*Item does not have fmvss, NHTSA label*
*Please check with your local DMV to confirm street Legality*

Thank you.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPowerSports View Post
Hi we are sorry you could not get it register we know some states require NHTSA sticker this is why we posted on our web site Txpowersports.com https://www.txpowersports.com/New_ha...bike-250cc.htm

the following ...

BUY RPS Ricky Power Sports DIRT-BIKE-250CC HAWK ONLINE !
*May not be street legal in all states*
*Item does not have fmvss, NHTSA label*
*Please check with your local DMV to confirm street Legality*

Thank you.
That is all said and good, but for REALLY good customer service, customer service that you don't have to post a defense to a negative review on a site like this, is to MAKE sure the customer found out if they can register it, like via a phone call, and/or suggest they simply buy another bike they can register if the customer is not sure. Heck, several members here have stated they never intended to street register their bike in the first place, so that would be a good place to start the conversation, since you as the retailer know this bike is 49 state off-road legal according to the EPA. I would feel awful as an online retailer selling bikes that are NOT 49 or 50 state street legal, simply basing it on a disclaimer. You obviously know the bikes are legal in Texas, but choose not to further your level of customer service on a popular product like the Hawk and check to see the legality of them for street use in other states, which is fine and dandy, but at least check with your out of state customers who plan to buy the bikes their intended purpose, first of all, and making sure they can register it in their state if they stated they want to legally ride on the street. Again, if they are not sure, suggest a different bike, like the Bashan lineup which even I know are 49 state legal. See, it is not that difficult, but it does take a little more effort than reminding your customers they were, in essence, in a buyer-beware situation, after being called out on a public forum.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150