Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2022, 09:57 AM   #31

Handling Extra Shipping Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGoKarts View Post
Hey guys, Brad from FamilyGoKarts here. I've been following this thread since your first post, and just wanted to chime in to let you know how much we appreciate the comments from everyone.

Really sorry about the PayPal mixup, but it only delays your order by a couple days. You should be OK.

We try really hard to make sure every customer is 100% satisfied. We're aware that our order process is a bit involved, but as I'm sure you already know, ordering and shipping ATVs and GoKarts is not as simple as most online shopping. There's a fair amount of paperwork, and we make it a policy to personally speak with each customer about their order before it ships. Then, of course, there's the logistics of delivering a package as big and heavy as a four-wheeler! Despite our best efforts, the whole process does not always go perfectly; especially in the midst of the Christmas rush.

We're constantly looking for ways to improve the process, and oftentimes it's tough to get quality feedback like you're providing here. So, thank you again for this post. The feedback really helps.

I'll continue monitoring this thread and look forward to your followup posts. If there's anything I can do or any questions you have, please don't hesitate to let me know. If I don't have an answer, I'll find someone who does!

Hope your little one enjoys his new ATV, and you and yours have a Merry Christmas!

Brad, just a humble suggestion on your ordering process and the extra shipping fees. Please accept this as constructive as it is meant to be. I just ordered a Coolster 125cc from you yesterday. Now, I admit I am a frugal guy. I shop around to always find the best price on what I am looking to buy. I used your checkout and opted for the instant check to get the cash price. I was even optimistic I could get a discount on the residential shipping charge by going to the terminal to get the ATV when it arrived into Omaha. I have done that many times here in Omaha as Omaha is a major hub for carriers. After the order was placed, I felt like the price was in the ball park I wanted to be in. So when your shipping expert (who was very nice) called to explain the shipping process, I was a bit surprised at the added on fees. First, I was told I would not be able to arrange pick up at the terminal because carriers were not doing that at this time and that other customers had their orders lost. So no discount there. Then came the other fees. One was an "access fee" for $79 due to "driver shortages" and one was for lift gate service (I get that). Between all this, my price increased $110 with no other discounts. Almost a 10% increase. Your shipping expert correctly pointed out that both fees were listed on your website under the shipping polices, but it was still sticker shock to learn I could not just pick up the ATV at the terminal which would have saved me the fees. My suggestion is just charge a flat shipping fee of $175 across the board. Most of your competitors are charging $300 for shipping and your prices are still some of the best prices on the internet. I just felt like I was in a car dealer finance office where I was learning about document fees, admin fees, etc. Please consider these comments as a way to improve your processes as you state above. I look forward to receiving my ATV.