Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews

Old 08-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #1

Csc tt250

MY blog on a newly-purchased CSC TT 250:

http://www.motorcyclesand2nd50.com/i...ycle-%E2%80%A6

I'd really like to hear your input, experiences with this bike, etc.

Thanx in advance, Reg

Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #2

Nicely done article. Only one correction I found is the engine is a push rod OHV rather than an OHC. The engine is a clone of the Honda CG125. More official info can be found here: http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1975cg125/

Old 08-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #3

Mudflap....
Thanx for the correction. I knew this, but typed OHC instead of OHV.
What I didn't know, —and thanx much for this— is the history. Tho twice the displacement, it certainly looks like the same architecture. Your link got me going down the correct path.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #4

CG engines are the workhorse motorcycle engines throughout much of the world. They are made in China, India, Thailand, Brazil, Taiwan, and other countries by many manufacturers. They're made in liquid cooled versions, with or without balance shaft, with or without a reverse gear for quads and 3 wheeled trucks. I've seen sizes from 100cc to 230cc.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #5

Mudflap...
The great thing about that is it increases my confidence in the motor. I've never doubt a Honda motor, but those under license can be iffy due to locally sourced item.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #6

Very nicely done!

Now mod it and unleash the real beast! ;-)
Mrs. 2LZ Phoenix is a completely different and much more "lively" bike to ride now that it's modded. If this is your first CB, you'll find it's not what you get out-of-crate....it's the potential after a minor investment. An additional $175.00 max, will really wake it up. (pipe, jets and rear sprocket)
Fret not though, it will never be like your Pursang or my Mikkola Replica....though MUCH more friendly to ride.

Welcome to the wonder world of CB's. I'm looking forward to more of your blog!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #7

2LZ....

Any details you can give me on the suggested mods would be helpful!
I've built many motors during my motorcycle life, so I've got the basics down pat.
My biggest concern just might be the main bearing. I am NOT having a problem, but as I'm new to this engine, I like to proceed cautiously.

Many thanx, 2LZ

Old 08-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Kittrelle View Post
2LZ....

I've built many motors during my motorcycle life, so I've got the basics down pat.
My biggest concern just might be the main bearing. I am NOT having a problem, but as I'm new to this engine, I like to proceed cautiously.

Many thanx, 2LZ
The big three are sprocket carburetor and muffler. (after break in)

Old 08-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Kittrelle View Post
2LZ....

Many thanx, 2LZ
I've yet to grenade any of my CG motors. They're built for 3rd World Countries that see zero maintenance.

Like Merlin said, Pipe, carb (if you want) and a 45 rear sprocket.

The carb on these is a nice clone and will run well. I'm just not sure about your jetting options. What elevation are you at?

Here's the pipe everyone's running.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-EXH...cAAOSwGvhUICrU

If you choose to change the carb, this is a popular choice.

https://www.amazon.com/MIKUNI-VM26-C...M26+%2830mm%29

Here's the jetting to choose from, if you go with this carb. I'm not sure what jetting the stock PZ carbs take.

http://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbure...-486_pilot.htm

http://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbure...arge_round.htm

The sprocket of choice currently is a JTR269.XX. (XX meaning what tooth count you want)
It's a flat sprocket as opposed to dished but there's been no problems so far. A 47, 45 or 43 are popular choices. Just hard to get right now. Seems someone's out there buying them all! ;-)

Here's a full build thread that we did to Mrs. 2LZ TT, for your reference.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17091

Hope this helps!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 08-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #10

You da man, 2LZ!
Many thanx, Reg

Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #11

Great read Reg. I am supposed to receive my TT250 this week, and your write up and pics is a big help.

I haven't ridden an endro for years. Funny, thing I just read a review of your book The 2nd 50 in MCNs, and have told my kids to give it to me for christmas!

Last edited by bad Chad; 10-31-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #12

I have 500 miles on mine now, and it runs great. I put a 49T rear sprocket, and it will run an indicated 63/64mph without complaint.

I'm not planing on hopping it up, for me what's the point. It makes 16hp, maybe I can bump it up to 18, so what! Anyway I like it.

How about this question. Which way is reserve on the petcock? I am operating with the understanding that the petcock handle when rotated down, pointing to 6 oclock is on the main tank? But I ran over 2.4 gallons and still had not hit reserve, do I have it backwards?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad Chad View Post
I have 500 miles on mine now, and it runs great. I put a 49T rear sprocket, and it will run an indicated 63/64mph without complaint.

I'm not planing on hopping it up, for me what's the point. It makes 16hp, maybe I can bump it up to 18, so what! Anyway I like it.

How about this question. Which way is reserve on the petcock? I am operating with the understanding that the petcock handle when rotated down, pointing to 6 oclock is on the main tank? But I ran over 2.4 gallons and still had not hit reserve, do I have it backwards?
If you move the handle into the up position, that's reserve. The confusion lies in some petcocks have little arrows that point toward the non-handle side so one direction is backwards. If you use the handle as your guide, again, reserve is up. "On" is the handle points toward the ground.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your TT250. Since Mother Nature has decided to end our years-long drought all in one Winter, we're hoping to get out soon.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 06-03-2017, 04:11 AM   #14

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...-tt250-review/

I think this goes in here.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #15

Still working great. I had my wife on the back yesterday to go to a local festival that gets quite crowded with people and traffic. The TT was perfect for the job, and I was impressed with it pulling power. Here's why, I'm 250Lb before any gear, my wife is 160, thats about 420lbs. Yet the little tt didn't complain a bit, we didn't need to go over 45mph, but it seemed like it would have had no problem should we have needed to. It did, however, move us around the fair grounds easy peasy! Sure I could tell that it could feel the extra weight, but it had no issue lugging such an over sized load around the grounds!

I continue to be impressed with this bike, my only complaint is the factory over tighten the three screws holding the left crank case cover that allows access to rotate the motor for valve lash adjustment. I could only get one lose, and that's with using an impact driver! I chewed one screw head up, and gave up, and rotated the motor in 5th gear using the rear wheel.