Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #16

Call my buddy who is in a warehouse about a mile and a half from the distributor. If he can't get one, they are not available (except those retailers who already have them)...

One of our members, SANY ordered a re-named Storm from Motobuys (who are notorious for renaming their listed bikes as ones named after Chinese importers who are no longer in business such as Jetmoto, Vento, Kymoto or Lancer) called the 'Kymoto XDP 250.' They sent him a Brozz instead, which he was very pleased with, which possibly answers why they rename them--they can substitute at will!

Anyway, a year and a half or so ago, a member ordered a bike from Motobuys, and it took over a month to get the MCO to register the bike. Fast forward to this past October, and SANY, and it took over a month before his MCO arrived. In both cases, both members had several posts here on Chinariders about what poor service they were getting, and in SANY's case, he was publicly telling us he was on the verge of canceling the deal and sending the bike back (under New York state law) and right away, in both cases, the owner of Motobuys ended up joining the negative thread and posted about how there was a mix up with the distributor/manufacturer, blah, blah, blah, and what do you know? Both got their MCO right after!

The point is, I doubt you would be guaranteed to get a Brozz from Motobuys, which would be a big irony since SANY didn't want one and got one, while you want one but would probably end up with the Storm!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #17

Thanks 2LZ, Although I can't help but think I may be shooting myself in the foot by getting the Brozz. With as scarce as they are getting parts in the future may be hard. I mean we all know getting parts for the Hawk is no big deal. The Brozz and Hawk are very similiar so maybe Hawk parts will fit.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Thanks 2LZ, Although I can't help but think I may be shooting myself in the foot by getting the Brozz. With as scarce as they are getting parts in the future may be hard. I mean we all know getting parts for the Hawk is no big deal. The Brozz and Hawk are very similiar so maybe Hawk parts will fit.
I wouldn't worry about it. MANY parts are interchangeable on these bikes. They're all CG Hondoids and the newer versions share even many body parts and pieces. Much of the generic stuff (brake parts, cables, levers, etc...) can be found on EBay or Amazon without trouble, for dang cheap.

These bikes have always come and gone under slightly different configs every few years. The Lifan GY, TMEC and many other Hondoids came and went over the years (and grew in quality) regardless of how popular. Heck, as popular the Hawk presently is, it may be the "Eagle" or something else in a couple years.

Enjoy the Brozz! I wish all these bikes were legal here. I still cant' really see any major styling difference between the Brozz and the Shark. Must be missing something.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-08-2016, 05:31 PM   #19

Another bug I've been fighting. Can't edit my last posts.
Correction on my last post. It looks like the Brozz has USD forks! Any other differences from the Shark??

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #20

Quote:
That's EXACTLY why I'm getting my bike NOW!

On another note. Don @ APSC could not locate a Brozz for me. But, I just got off the phone with the guys at Scooter man in GA. They said he is going to get me a Brozz right now with some other things he had to pick up. I told them to make dang sure it is a RED BROZZ in the Factory Crate. They said they will have it in the shop this afternoon. They said they will call me when they have it. Then I guess I gotta get up in the weee hours of the morning for a ROAD TRIP!! Heck I would prefer to buy this way anyway. Go to the store, look, plop your money down, load up yer stuff and leave. I guess the good thing is I have the option to walk away, even if it means a whole bunch of seat time wasted.
Congrats Road Trip!!!!!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #21

Quote:

I just got off the phone with the guys at Scooter man in GA. They said he is going to get me a Brozz right now with some other things he had to pick up. I told them to make dang sure it is a RED BROZZ in the Factory Crate. They said they will have it in the shop this afternoon. They said they will call me when they have it.
These could be leftover Peace Motorsports' Brozz bikes from 2014 or '15. Not to discourage you, but you should be able to make a better deal on them vs. the '16 models. They might have different specs as far as dimensions go (i.e. 21"/18" wheels). They were selling them for a lot of money (as far as Chinabikes go), so they still had some as new, old stock as recently as a few months ago when one of our members was inquiring about them and posting his progress in finding one. He never did get one from what I remember.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #22

Here are the Brozz and Shark on the Peace website as they still show them. These are not the current year model (not that that matters, but again, use it to your advantage in making a deal if your dealer is getting them from Peace).

http://www.peacesports.com/newsite/p...les/250ccbike/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #23

Road Trip it is!!

So I'm heading out to HOTLANTA in the mornin. Gosh I'm excited!! The ole Dodge 1500 is gonna be stretched out in the morning. I must have asked the poor guy fiftyleven times, "Are you SURE its a Brozz that you have"? He assures me it is. But I will not pay for it until I look in the box. Get this, the lady I talked to there says if I don't want to wait for the distrubutor to send the MSO that she can produce one for me right then and there? That does sound a little strange to me. I'll take lots of pics. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight. Is it weird for a 39 year old man to be as excited as a kid on Christman Eve??

Old 12-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. MANY parts are interchangeable on these bikes. They're all CG Hondoids and the newer versions share even many body parts and pieces. Much of the generic stuff (brake parts, cables, levers, etc...) can be found on EBay or Amazon without trouble, for dang cheap.

These bikes have always come and gone under slightly different configs every few years. The Lifan GY, TMEC and many other Hondoids came and went over the years (and grew in quality) regardless of how popular. Heck, as popular the Hawk presently is, it may be the "Eagle" or something else in a couple years.

Enjoy the Brozz! I wish all these bikes were legal here. I still cant' really see any major styling difference between the Brozz and the Shark. Must be missing something.....
Dammit 2lz you beat me the the response
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-08-2016, 11:05 PM   #25

Quote:
So I'm heading out to HOTLANTA in the mornin. Gosh I'm excited!! The ole Dodge 1500 is gonna be stretched out in the morning. I must have asked the poor guy fiftyleven times, "Are you SURE its a Brozz that you have"? He assures me it is. But I will not pay for it until I look in the box. Get this, the lady I talked to there says if I don't want to wait for the distrubutor to send the MSO that she can produce one for me right then and there? That does sound a little strange to me. I'll take lots of pics. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight. Is it weird for a 39 year old man to be as excited as a kid on Christman Eve??
Letsride...Well, they are making all the right noises. Just remember, it's the bashan with the fuel gauge. That brozz is a an awesome bike, I have been trying to spend culcune's cash every since I saw it last summer. He's an awful tightwad.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #26

Quote:
Is it weird for a 39 year old man to be as excited as a kid on Christman Eve??
No weirder than a 59 year old staying awake thinking about all the mods i'm gonna do before I even got the Hawk. You are weird
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #27

Nothing more weird than that very first fire up after the Build checklist ...battery, fuel, FIRE!

Old 12-09-2016, 07:25 PM   #28

Yes Culcune is right these are left over 2014 model bikes. Mine does not have the inverted forks. But forks like the hawk with the fork boots. Everything else looks the same as the 2015 model. Digital Speedo Cluster, 19" and 17" wheels, more street friendly tires, etc. I did not and don't care. Thats fine with me. and I actually like the idea of the drum brake in the back. She is home with me now and resting snugly in her crate until I can get out there first thing in the morning to awake her from her long peaceful slumber.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #29

Ohhhhhhh! Pretty! all nice and shiny. Don't lie, your not going to sleep tonight. Lol you will be putting it together in you sleep.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Ohhhhhhh! Pretty! all nice and shiny. Don't lie, your not going to sleep tonight. Lol you will be putting it together in you sleep.
Oh man I'm like a kid at Christmas (heck I AM just a big kid) so I'm sitting here chomping at the bit, thinking "well if I get the burn barrel going" "maybe set up the work light" Gosh I have got to get that work shop finished!! ASAP. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) is never going to get me to come in the house when that is done. The wife did say she likes this bike better than the pics I showed her. She said "those big ugly, gold, bling, bling forks looked hideous on that red bike, but I wasn't gonna tell you that"