Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines

Old 11-04-2016, 11:07 PM   #1

2009 jpm bar hog!

I am listing the bike here on China Riders EXCLUSIVELY to give members here first shot at it. If I decide to list it elsewhere later I will reply to this thread saying I've done so. So, here we go! I bought this bike from a very good friend who bought it brand new in 2010, rode it very little (352 miles) and it sat in his garage every since. I had to do the norm, Clean the carbs, wash out the old gas in the tank, New petcock, spark plugs, changed oil, battery, coolant and generally checked the bike over front to back. Tires are in great shape no dry rot or weathered cracks. The bike is a 277 cc liquid cooled parallel twin. Has the pag free flow pipes, sounds great. It has aftermarket mirrors, grips, tail light, tag bracket, and the turn signals were deleted. The wiring is still there. My friend done this because, well look up a pic of a stock Barhog and you decide. I always like to be upfront with folks, treat others as I want to be treated. So, right now the bike is at a reputable welding shop. The VERY thin bracket from the factory welded to the frame that the voltage regulator mounts to is broken (before fix pic below). So I dropped it off to have a new tab welded to the frame and a new voltage regulator bracket made to mount to it. This welder can weld jello to an ice cube and is also a machinist, so I know I'll get back a good quality fix. And the fuel tank internal vent tube had failed inside the tank, so I removed it and the welding shop is going remove the vent tube bung and weld up the hole. In place of this a pop up HD style vented fuel cap will be installed. Thats it, thats where she is right now. I should get the bike back Sunday afternoon. I'll send pics of the repair when I get it back. Just want to be upfront about the bike. Any Questions just ask. If need be PM me and I'll give you my number and we can talk on the phone about it. Now price, I want to get back what I paid for it, 1500.00. I will entertain shipping it at the buyer expense, although I've never shipped a bike, so keep that in mind. There is always Uship. Anyway PM me if interested, I check the forum daily.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #2

Got the voltage Regulator / Recitifier bracket fixed up, installed it with some stainless steel bolts and stainless lock nuts, looks nice. Also got the tank fixed up, new chrome flush pop up vented gas cap on the way. I also noticed some dry cracks in the air filter boot so a new one of those is on the way as well. I know this is not a repair thread and a Classified ad. But I want a potential buyer to be as informed as possible. I wouldn't sell someone a machine that is not what I say it is. I just went on about a 15 mile ride and she ran great. I stopped and took a video but I gotta figure out how to upload it.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:53 PM   #3

Here is a quick walk around video I shot with my phone.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:05 PM   #4

Sure looks nice and sounds nice.

/

Old 12-08-2016, 08:15 PM   #5

Wow, I just realized I haven't updated this thread. Well the new Air Filter boot is in and installed. The new Flush (pop up) HD style gas cap is in and installed as well. I got the front fender from the original owner and it is installed as well. I'll have to take the bike out and snap a few more pics this weekend.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #6

i assume its registered and tagged allready

Old 01-09-2017, 03:48 AM   #7

somebody buy this its killing me not having enough money to get it~!!!!

Old 01-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
i assume its registered and tagged allready

Yes it it registered and titled, and has been insured. Its sitting out there waiting on YOU! Its a cool bike, draws lots of attention at the local store, the only place its been. I ride it every other week or so to the store, to let it stretch its legs.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #9

Alright folks, Its time to move this bike and make room for another Dual Sport. I have listed the bike locally. The bike is running fantastic. And she is ready for the road. I noticed she was a tad on the lean side. So I called the guys up in Ivor, VA and ordered the correct jets that were supposed to be installed when the free flow pipes went on. So I installed a new set of 103 main jets to replace the 94.5's that was in there. The bike is MUCH happier now. I took it on a couple mile ride today. It ran great and really liked the bigger main jet, pulls pretty hard now. Anyway get her while she's here. Going once..........Going twice................. I'll keep this updated if it sells.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #10

Good Grief, Maybe I should give her a bath and a coat of McGuires. She's aweful dusty. Sorry.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 PM   #11

How much?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 01-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #12

Enough to get another BEEE ROZZ!!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #13

Alright guys, Spring is almost here. Who wants this SUPER COOL bobber to cruise around on. Here is a pic of her all cleaned and waxed up.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #14

I'm interested, but 900 miles is just too far.....

Old 02-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
I'm interested, but 900 miles is just too far.....
We have OleGeezer riding all around Peru and Central America, and you won't head a few states south for an awesome bike? Sounds like crossed up priorities to me.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250
2016 Ural Gear Up