Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #1

Shineray motorcycles

Here are some Shineray motorcycles wholesale prices, its an interesting site that allows you to mix and match the bike to fill a container.

Here are the dirt bike, they are not bad, some are actually really nice.

http://www.fastglobalsupplier.com/ca...category_id=65

Old 05-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #2

Thank you for the interesting link, Oengus. Looking down the list of motorcycles, I was surprised to discover they have blonde models in China! 8O

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #3

before i got too excited about getting a container load of bikes i would look into the trouble that comes packaged with them. im trying to order 100 tires now and i have just about had enough and i dont have to worry about the epa. as for me when it comes to the risk of fines with the epa, trouble of getting them from port to home. and the risk of confiscation assuming they get to the port, not to mention getting correct paperwork for each state to make them legal to tag, i am glad to have a distributor and let them make a few hundred for the risk and the trouble to get parts supplied for buyers
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #4

Thank you for sharing the wisdom of your experience, Phil.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #5

Wow! Really! I'll have to drop into my China bike guy and have a chat. Last time I was there, he spent some time on the PC showing me what Shineray was up to. Some nice bikes indeed.

He just spent almost all of April in China doing his 'running around'. I'll have to stop in and see what he's unEarthed this time. Some of his pics of the underground shopping malls, gardens, artwork and such are pretty amazing.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #6

It a wholesaler Phil, thats all.

As a dealer you would avoid that unless you have aspirations to be a distributer.

A distributer requires warehouses and a system that links them to the manufacturer as well as their dealers.

Not sure....no I actually am sure, why woman end up half naked next to bikes.

The Shineray motorcyles are better then average, they seemed to have put allot of effort into developing them.

this is a contact for Shineray: jason@shineray.com

In addtion to the dirt bikes, they also have a couple of street bikes that are intersting, they seem to be using a 230cc engine on those, I would suspect they bored out the Honda 223cc and then oil cooled it on those.

This is the bike,

That bike also comes with fairing and both are EPA/DOT, I have a spread sheet from Jason listing all their EPA/DOT products.

The bike does come with a 125cc engine as well, it is sold by DAELIM a Korean company, http://www.daelimusa.com/guia/comerc...tml/inicio.htm

But it also comes with a 230cc engine for the US market.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #7

They are still over shooting the market, every person that I talk to looses interest in the bikes because of the displacement. The only reason the bikes are less expensive is because of the small displacements engines.
Look at the price on the water cooled 250 dirt bikes, $2,300.00, that’s a four valve engine and an OHC with ceramic coated cylinders. It is going against the Yamaha dirt bikes they are looking to get just under them on pricing.

Then you have the distributor and in Shinerays case there really is none, that’s my assumption, when I see them being wholesaled. Is there a link to the manufacturer in the USA, other than people booking containers?

Here is the bottom line…the value chain adds about $1,000.00 per unit, that’s from the factory, to a distributor and then to the dealer. So the $2,300.00 bike becomes $3,300.00 and the $1,500.00 becomes a $2,500.00 bike. Then you get or should get professional service and support.

Here is my point and that having one distributor reduces costs, there are not that many dealers and the ones that exist should have a territory for all the sales, no mater how the orders are placed, either in showroom or on-line. So a distributor can and should sell online, but that sale would ship to a local dealer.

I may be the only professional in the industry….and I am not really in it.

The only way to keep prices down is to consolidate the distribution and then assign sales to dealer territories.

Here is Shineray’s website, it really has no value, the consumer reaches a dead end.
http://www.shineray.com/products-index.asp

Then only few distributors offer the consumer the buy now option and they have established dealer networks, you enter your zip code and you get a list closest to you. The only advantage for a dealer to order inventory is a marginal discount on multiple units. If they could select from multiple brands then they could and would.

That would allow these other bikes to enter the market formally, since some would not sell as much as others, it’s the consumer that decides that and the chick in a bikini really will not drive sales.

I personally think the egos in the industry are preventing it more than growing it. The dealer needs to get a margin and if that drops per unit then they either have to have higher volumes or they will not play.

What is stopping it is commission based sales, that needs to be flattened out and those systems should be replaced with order trackers and inventory managers.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #8

My issue is that other people are deciding what we get access to, and the result will be limited products with higher prices. The products all should float on the price out of the factory, the price based on a flat fee across the value chain, that’s the supply chain.

I have no contention with someone asking a woman take off her clothes, but I do when they are using their position in employment to do that and paying her to do it. That’s professional isn’t it, yeah in it has to do with the oldest profession.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #9

I think the problem is what we have in the US--bikes seem to sell for far less than pretty much all other countries/regions. So, there is no margin of incentive for the most part. Canada tends to sell bikes at retail for more money across the board, so Chinese bikes that kind of compare in features to big brands can seem like bargains to a consumer. Maybe not bargains, per se, but at least it would be worth the "risk" to purchase a somewhat backed bike for half the cost or less than a Yamaha or kawasaki. Which brings us to the backing of the bikes.

Europe, Canada, and other parts of the world who tend to charge end-users more (maybe due to VATs or higher taxes, not the distributors/retailers idea) are able to make it worth someone's time and effort to distribute them properly, which make them a more desirable product in the consumers' eyes (warranties especially!). IN the US, we have pretty much cut and pared out the profits. This has to do with perceptions, too. Many people will argue that it is much more worth it to buy a top brands' bike for $4000 than Qlink's for $2100, although in Qlink's defense, the bikes have gained a reputation as a bargain for the $. Which leads us to distributors to make the bikes worthwhile. Qlink, Pitster, I think Benneche, and a few more have and will start to bring in bikes with backing, but we will have to accept the mark-up.

BTW, the top of the line Shinerays shown are probably priced about right, wholesale. They are supposed to be good bikes.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #10

I even like the Shineray basic 200cc dual sport, notice the half fender in front, nice feature.

But that bike is not on the EPA/DOT list.

The evolution of the budget GY.... and it not being offered

Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I think the problem is what we have in the US--bikes seem to sell for far less than pretty much all other countries/regions. So, there is no margin of incentive for the most part. Canada tends to sell bikes at retail for more money across the board, so Chinese bikes that kind of compare in features to big brands can seem like bargains to a consumer. Maybe not bargains, per se, but at least it would be worth the "risk" to purchase a somewhat backed bike for half the cost or less than a Yamaha or kawasaki. Which brings us to the backing of the bikes.

Europe, Canada, and other parts of the world who tend to charge end-users more (maybe due to VATs or higher taxes, not the distributors/retailers idea) are able to make it worth someone's time and effort to distribute them properly, which make them a more desirable product in the consumers' eyes (warranties especially!). IN the US, we have pretty much cut and pared out the profits. This has to do with perceptions, too. Many people will argue that it is much more worth it to buy a top brands' bike for $4000 than Qlink's for $2100, although in Qlink's defense, the bikes have gained a reputation as a bargain for the $. Which leads us to distributors to make the bikes worthwhile. Qlink, Pitster, I think Benneche, and a few more have and will start to bring in bikes with backing, but we will have to accept the mark-up.

BTW, the top of the line Shinerays shown are probably priced about right, wholesale. They are supposed to be good bikes.
Profit is actually excess, the price less costs, if everyone is paid then who gets the extra? The opposite of profit is a loss, they are more about fending of losses?

The larger prices get into financing and basically really buying what you cannot afford, the higher the monkey climbs the more your see of their a**? Then is there a kickback? I think so.

How much interest is there on a $10,000.00 bike financed for 48months? I am not about stepping on peoples toes or anything but who really trusts a sales person? Getting the most or just getting paid to answer questions?

The dealer have overhead and they have to cover that, but again who should be getting rich and why?

I say keep them honest, they are working in a fun industry that’s the perk not getting rich. So the cost from the factory gets ramped up that should be a flat fee per unit not a percentage mark-up. Is it how can I help you or how can I rip you off?

Nothing we say or do will change that, but without smart consumers then what…the prices go through the roof? I say that if they do it correctly they should add about $1,000.00 to the factory costs. Based on the prices on the wholesale site that about right, so the bike coming out of HD and the Japanese factories are really expensive or are they off the charts on distribution and marketing…dunno?

But if it comes out of china it does not mean higher profits, it should not then its ripping us off. Pass the bargain down the line and for the most part they are, or appear to be.

The $1,500.00 bike online is still there and will persists but that requires some problem solving skills and it is just a different approach. Do not expect everything at that price, it simply cannot exist, you pay more for what is easy and convenient? But just not too much more or it just goes back to were it left off, like the auto industry that was pulled out of the grave and leveraged into the next generations costs.

Affordable to more that is what its about and the Chinese are lowering us and while raising themselves. What is anything worth….how much real cash do you have and then how much can you really afford to finance?