Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
hy im one of the unfortunate ones who paid 1900. for the zongshen. i compared locally to lifans and thought the zong was a better deal. oh well i should have looked online that being said the dealer where i got my zong stopped carrying them and started carring qlinks. they looked like well built bikes and the mechanic commented on the parts availability saying they were one of the best built and best supported bikes by warranty that they have dealt with. hope you enjoy it. looking forward to hearing about it and seeing pics.

shawn
thanks, its all good Shawn the Zongs a very cool bike.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #17

Oh I know...and a main reason I bought it. I know about the relationship. But I wonder if the DR is made in the same factory; that actually makes the Q look good but the DR look way overpriced.

The dual sport susuki all have the same plastics....so we know thats all made in the same place, but the 400 has or looks to have different frame and mechnicals from the 200 its very possible that Qinggi is assembling the 200 and we know they are using the same engine and carb. It actually explain the use of the Japanse carb. I would hope they share the same transmission and that would make sense, but that would cost more if its japanse made. I kind of would like to find out some of the parts are Japanse and not so happy to think that the DR is or has more Chinese in it then people think they are buying. But if it all hold up then....you know its all good we like lower prices though, not higher for the exact same.

Do they have any issues I should be concerned with.....should I change the oil? Other fluids? Whats the best oil?

give me your best advice please....is the service manual worth $75.00?

Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #18

No service manual needed. If you did need one its on line somewhere on mychinamoto.com.

First oil change is at 500 km, IIRC, it says in the owner's manual. I'm using synthetic Honda 10W-40 just because that's what I 'stock' for the Gold Wing. Probably not necessary to use such good oil though.

Check the chain and tire pressure, then go for a ride. Only Q issues I've had have been leaky fork seal. Replaced fork leg free under warrante, a broken speedo cable (same result), and a loose bolt on the shifter.

Check the angle of the speedo drive unit. Mine was at a bit of a steep angle and that's why I think the cable broke. When I replace the cable, I'll make it so it's more of a straight shot.

My (ex)girlfriend and I rode my XF about 6,000 miles, no troubles, and my XP has about 1,500 miles, all off road. She still has it, shares it with her son. Only worries are what I mentioned above. I doubt a Japanese bike could have done much better.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #19

Is yours a 2008?

Thanks I'll check the speedo cable when I pick it up...and the bolt on the shifter...actually I will be checking it all over.

How the plastic is it durable?

I really need to get it....but we are really getting hit with snow.

There will not be any ridding for a while...we got about a foot of snow today the road are not clear at all.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #20

Mine's an '09.

Plastic is durable, same as any other good dirt bike. Believe me, I've tested it! A couple of biffs, including a slow sommersault over the bars last week. Damm ditch filled with tumbleweeds, could not tell it was eactly the right size and shape to hold my front wheel. 8O

The plastic is color molded, so no paint to scratch. The tank is steel, but heavily shrouded and protected.

Its gotta be killing you you can't just get the bike and go riding!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #21

It is killing me we had one clear day and the day when I got the call and then it's been snowing ever since.

I noticed that on the Qlink VIN# they code the builds, if you get a chance check to see if ours are different.

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4828.pdf

For the fifth and sixth characters mine has N 2 which translates to the 14th design (N) and second improvement. (2)

Yours is a year newer and may have had an improvement, mine may not be as trouble free as yours. :?

Were the XP 200 sold by qlink before 2008? They sold zong as x-rangers I heard; not sure what year that ended.

Still do in Mexico....
http://www.qlinkmotor.com.mx/product4.php?id=36#

Then just to really mess with our heads they sell this 125cc bike in Hungry!

http://www.qlinkmotor.net/product.php?id=69

Then if you look for Suzuki GsXR 250...you might wonder is that this bike with a 125cc? Then you might wonder if that is a Suzuki 125?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #22

A Q Link XP-200 is a Q Link XP-200 is a Q Link XP-200. It's a 20 year old design. No major changes. Maybe a rear disk brake or an LED light bulb. they are all good and all the same.

The Zong Ranger, IIRC, was a Q Link but I don't know if it was an xP 200 or not.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
...The Zong Ranger, IIRC, was a Q Link but I don't know if it was an xP 200 or not.
The QLink X-Ranger was/is exactly the same motorcycle I own, a Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #24

Yeah Spud and Qlink still sells Zongshen 200GY as the X-Ranger in Mexico....
I do not know when Qlink got the rights to sell the Quingqi Liger models but I have not seen any that are before 2008 with a Qlinks name on them.

Whats intersting is that Qlink in Mexico they sell the XF but not the XP. They sell the Zongshen 200Gy as the X-Ranger instead.

The use of the VIN to code builds is evidence of process engineering and quality control. The object is to reduce component failure within each generation and why they use improvement numbers. As in 1st improvement, 2nd improvement....

Old 01-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #25

I picked up the XP 200 today, I hope it will be warm enough to take it out this weekend?

I am so far impressed with the bike and the dealer was very nice, the mechanic went over the basics of the bike with me, the engine purs and idles very steady.

The bike looks much cooler in person,

Qlink provides a check list that the mechanic goes over checks off and signs, they gave me a copy of that and the warranty, owners manual and a parts book.

I loaded it into the bed of my Tacoma and it just fit, shifted the back end to angle it and the tailgate snugged it in. Two tie downs is all it took to hold it in place.

Dang I felt like kid taking it home....

I will take some pictures soon...

I looked at the Yahmaha and Kawasaki's they had in the showroom, and the prices and thought I am lucky. After all was said and done I paid about $2,100.00 (shipping, tax and title) for a bike that really should be retailing for $2,700.00 plus all the fees.

If your thinking about a good bike, this is really a decent bike and at $1699.00 it's a steal.

I looked over at the computer screen; while they processed the paper work and saw the dealer invoice costs it was $1,400 and some change, thats for the 2008 XP200 closeout. The 2009 is selling at http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/products.php?pid=76 for $2,299 plus all the fees.

Here is pic of one...not mine but mine is black and exactly the same, it looks better in person. Its a full size bike, I am 6' and I feel totally comfortable on it, its seat is 35"+, it looks and feels very solid.

I did a shit load of research before I bought, I called Qlink and they are very helpfull, I asked how many they had in black and was told 17...16 now maybe less?

The DR200 that sports the same Suzuki engine and Mikuni carb has a MSRP of over $4,000.00 and is not as a good looking bike.

The Q also has a 2yr waranty and I financed it through their website no interest if I pay it off in 12 months.

The Qlink find a dealer feature on it's website actually has dealers listed....mine is Kennedy's Sport Cycle
http://www.kennedyscycles.com/kenned...ortcycles.html

Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #26

If your thinking about a good bike, this is really a decent bike and at $1699.00 it's a steal.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

It's a secret. 8)

If I had the $ to spare I'd buy another (I got mine for $1,500, my buddy sells them) and leave it in the crate for the future. In que.