Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2018, 09:09 PM   #1

I'm not sure what going on with mine now, might anyone know?
The bike is hesitating/jerking at full/open throttle at the end of any gear.
Maybe to lean or rich. The only thing i did was reroute the throttle cable.
I tried putting 115 jet in but still same issue.

any help.

Solved i think, spark plug wasn't seated.

Last edited by Chinabike; 07-26-2018 at 02:55 AM.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #2

Sticking in this thread even though it may be irrelevant. I got my new head today and almost completed installing it. The only problem I encountered was at the very end. I couldnt get the final plate around the four bolts. I knew if I tried to force it on I would strip them. I tried using my old plate but that no longer fit either. Think I should bore out the holes?

Old 07-26-2018, 02:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
Sticking in this thread even though it may be irrelevant. I got my new head today and almost completed installing it. The only problem I encountered was at the very end. I couldnt get the final plate around the four bolts. I knew if I tried to force it on I would strip them. I tried using my old plate but that no longer fit either. Think I should bore out the holes?
Can you post a pic, It should fit if it came on it (the new head) Are the rocker arm in right position with cam?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Can you post a pic, It should fit if it came on it (the new head) Are the rocker arm in right position with cam?

I cant wrap my head around why it doesnt want to fit on there. If the head slid on the cam cover should as well. I'm thinking about boring out the holes in my old cover and seeing if I can get that on there.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post

Old 08-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #6

Here is a 3rd option, going by the mounting eye hole distance from center to center of a Grom ,this should fit ,it is about 1/4" to 3/8" inch longer overall .the Chart shows it fits and works with several Honda Models that are the same weight as Groms / Clones. The only question is if the mounting eye hole bushing is the same , the Seller should know or be able to check.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-260mm-1...sid=m570.l1313

The shock definitely has adjustable preload, whether or not the dampening dial actually does anything I can not say ,anyways it aint very expensive . I wanted the YSS myself but $210 , yipes lol!

I ordered a Ohlins knockoff from 402 Innovations it came in, it looks good and hopefully it will do me for now ,it has a goofy looking yellow spring tho hah.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #7

I saw that one but when i did the Compatibility thing on the ebay page
"To confirm that this part fits your vehicle, please choose a vehicle from the "My Garage" list OR enter your vehicle’s details below."

It said not compatible? well not for a 2015 grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Here is a 3rd option, going by the mounting eye hole distance from center to center of a Grom ,this should fit ,it is about 1/4" to 3/8" inch longer overall .the Chart shows it fits and works with several Honda Models that are the same weight as Groms / Clones. The only question is if the mounting eye hole bushing is the same , the Seller should know or be able to check.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-260mm-1...sid=m570.l1313

The shock definitely has adjustable preload, whether or not the dampening dial actually does anything I can not say ,anyways it aint very expensive . I wanted the YSS myself but $210 , yipes lol!

I ordered a Ohlins knockoff from 402 Innovations it came in, it looks good and hopefully it will do me for now ,it has a goofy looking yellow spring tho hah.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #8

Got everything back together. Tried to start it once before I realized the valves were not adjusted at all. Adjusted them and tried again. When I was setting the timing it was hard to get to top dead center. I had to force it another revolution. Did I break something?
http://https://youtu.be/8MifABaKUmw

Last edited by PhildoScaggins; 08-04-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
Got everything back together. Tried to start it once before I realized the valves were not adjusted at all. Adjusted them and tried again. When I was setting the timing it was hard to get to top dead center. I had to force it another revolution. Did I break something?
Did you work this out?
you sure kill switch isn't on? it has gas, you check all the basic stuff first?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:55 PM   #10

Think i'm going to remove my oil cooler. Don't know if does anything.
And it started leaking oil from the cover that goes on the head (at that gasket). I see like a drop of oil every night. I could try a new gasket but do I really need the cooler?

Old 08-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #11

Here's the cleaned up link :

It sounded like the timing is possibly off to me, it seemed to be real tight but it was turning over and i didn't hear any loud clanks saying " sum ting wong".,as in broken.
If the timing was so far off the piston was contacting a valve , i doubt the starter motor has enough "oomph" to bend a valve and it would just stick there, but I cant swear to that. Make sure the valve lash is good on intake and exhaust, if they are too tight it can make it hard to turn over like that ,after that I'd recheck the timing. Take the plug out and see if that makes it turn over more easily ,by eliminating the compression you should be able to better identify where the "drag" or interference is originating. I wish I was closer to you ,it's so hard to diagnose something like this over the internet ,and I'm not real adept at explaining how to check what ,maybe Chinabike
or someone will pop in soon and give a hand.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #12

Whether or not you run an oil cooler is totally up to you ,if it is a stock engine internally then you probably don't "need" it ., but they do help .might want to try using a good Hi Temp RTV silicone to help seal the leaking bit before giving up on it but thats just a suggestion, unless you have a heavily modified motor ,or do a lot of "stuck in traffic" riding in a very hot area of the States you can certainly get by without it.No one loves an oil leak , but having owned HD's for a number of years I have gotten used to the occasional spot of oil here and there, unless it's a significant leak it isn't really hurting anything, i sort of think of it as my Sporty "marking its territory" lol !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Whether or not you run an oil cooler is totally up to you ,if it is a stock engine internally then you probably don't "need" it ., but they do help .might want to try using a good Hi Temp RTV silicone to help seal the leaking bit before giving up on it but thats just a suggestion, unless you have a heavily modified motor ,or do a lot of "stuck in traffic" riding in a very hot area of the States you can certainly get by without it.No one loves an oil leak , but having owned HD's for a number of years I have gotten used to the occasional spot of oil here and there, unless it's a significant leak it isn't really hurting anything, i sort of think of it as my Sporty "marking its territory" lol !
Ya it's only like one drop oil a day, not to bad. I'm changing the oil today(now) I think I'm going to try new gasket or I do have some hi temp silicon

Last edited by Chinabike; 08-11-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #14

ugh still leaking one drop after every rider from this spot even after i put a new gasket on. I don't know if i can deal with even a little leak. ha! Oil cooler might go bye now.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:21 PM   #15

Looks like you ran into the same thing I did, when i went to mock up my oil cooler ,i noticed that the plate hangs over into the spark plug hole a good bit ,I haven't put it on yet because i am still fabbing the brackets for the radiator part but I'm either going to have to do a lot of grinding on that plate, or change my stock spark plug boot out, or both, I don't see how I'm going to get the plug boot back on otherwise, the adapter plate overhangs too far.
2020 Orion RXB250L