Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #1

Bike Identification | No idea what this is!

Hey there, I posted this on another forum without luck so, I was punted here as I was told there were smart folks here that could help me out. I have a friend who just inherited this bike but there's no info about it. He needs new stuff for it and we aren't really sure where to start. Im leaning towards a Shineray but - thats really it. Wondering if anyone knew of a model... or something.

Thanks so much!

Old 09-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #2

for all intents and purposes, you can call it a Roketa DB07A, there were many bikes that were rebranded off this particular model, SunL, Shineray, etc... i have the shineray variant myself... LOL crappy 1 gallon tank, standard fare USD forks, rear disc, and a 200cc 163FML motor... all you are missing is the bad brittleplastic over the tank, and equally brittle side covers....

Old 09-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #3

Welcome! The Shineray and the Roketa were remarkably similar bikes. What are you in need of?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #4

Thanks, folks. Ill take a look and pass this along to my friend. I know for certain he's looking for some wheels as he was trying to buy my 1290 rims for it on CL. Since he didn't know what he had, I was going to lace up some new rims for him but now that he knows whats he's dealing with, he's way better off.

So far, he's ordered some switchgear, grips and a front master cylinder and some cables - all based on him measuring and taking a chance on what comes in the mail.

Thanks again!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Island View Post
Thanks, folks. Ill take a look and pass this along to my friend. I know for certain he's looking for some wheels as he was trying to buy my 1290 rims for it on CL. Since he didn't know what he had, I was going to lace up some new rims for him but now that he knows whats he's dealing with, he's way better off.

So far, he's ordered some switchgear, grips and a front master cylinder and some cables - all based on him measuring and taking a chance on what comes in the mail.

Thanks again!
Yep, it's your good ol' school china bike. I had an Xmoto very similar to it.
The upside of your specimen is that it has a rear disk and USD forks. All good stuff, especially for old school.

I had a box of parts that I sent member "blackbike" that may have some stuff you need. Not sure if he's around much these days as he bought a Japanese bike, last I recall.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Island View Post

Thanks again!
We should connect. I live in Chilliwack and may have some parts that are useful to him. Does he need a seat?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer