Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2019, 06:18 AM   #1

Oil filter location?

Looking for the oil filter location for the TaoTao Hellcat 125. After failing to get the drain plug off, I just siphoned the oil instead but now I need to change the filter but don't know where it is so if someone could tell me where the filter is, I'd appreciate it...

Or don't help me, fine.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:03 AM   #2

Uh, it would be good to get the drain plug off, what is the issue? Under the right side cover, there is a centrifugal filter that you can clean out, but you'll need a gasket, and it isn't opened as often just to clear out the centrifugal filter. Just look for a Grom service manual and look in the lubrication section.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #3

Couldn't get the drain plug off with torque wrench, multiple standard wrenches and even a vice grip but in the process ended up damaging the drain bolt so I gave up. Even used some WD-40 with no results. I'll purchase some of the sockets used to get damaged bolts loose and see what happens.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:31 PM   #4

Since your Hellcat has a crank-mounted clutch, it should look similar to the one pictured below, after you've removed the right side engine cover.

Once you've removed the clutch cover and cleaned all the debris out, you might want to also clean the oil screen located just above the drain bolt. You can remove it with a set of needlenose pliers and flush it with contact or carb cleaner and reinstall. Its location is indicated by the red arrow in the picture.

Tags
engine, filter, hellcat, oil, taotao