Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2024, 04:28 PM   #1

The end of a project.

Perhaps I was hoping to secretly find a way to get the 150cc to gain another 10MPH, for cheap; however, I've spent way too much time, effort, pain, and money on it already.

If you plan on doing what I did, save yourself the hassle, and do what everyone else did.

In this order to save yourself lots of hassle and pain:
1- Open the right-side fairing, to gain access to the carburetor and airbox. About 2 big Philips head bolts, 4 small ones, and 2 plastic ones in the front. The plastic ones, you have to twist 1/8th of a turn, then you can remove the center pin, and also the plastic rivet. It's not a screw, just a rivet held in place with a plastic rod that has a philips head.

2- Buy a POD filter (like $8), and replace the airbox with it.
I would only do this if you live in a fairly clean environment.
If you plan on doing trails and dirt roads, you may want to keep the stock airbox.

3- Without removing the carburetor, open the top part where the jet needle is. You'll need to find a thin washer to put under the needle. In order to do that, you'll have to unscrew the throttle, so you can have a bit more cable length.
A small <0.5mm washer under the jet needle clip, will be enough to adjust the Air/Fuel ratio, and gain a lot of acceleration past 5k RPM.

4- Close everything up again. Carburetor, side panels....

5- Take off the stock exhaust and paint it completely with Rustoleum (2000F) black paint.

Run your bike like this and be happy with the 60MPH you're getting.
It's not going to run much faster with another exhaust.

The washer underneath the jet needle clip will also make the exhaust less loud.

The exhaust isn't specifically restrictive, however it rusts quite quickly.
You can replace the exhaust when the stock exhaust is rusted through.

Aftermarket exhausts don't actually fit.
Even with 2 copper gaskets, you'll still get exhaust leaks, as the after market exhaust will touch part of the frame of the bike...
So if you're on the edge about a new exhaust, it's more problems than solutions.

If I had known this beforehand, I would have just done the air intake and raised the jet needle by a bit. That's it.
Doing an exhaust does allow you to lower idle RPM from 1500, to 1200. So that's something....

The Air/Fuel screw seems to do exactly the same as the idle screw. Inject more fuel.
I wouldn't mod the stock carburetor.
I just wished I could actually have an idle adjustment screw; as the idle rpm screw adds more fuel into the mixture. Good for top end, but bad for idling (as the bike already is running very rich at idle).

The side panels seem to be able to handle about 2x opening and closing them up. After that, many panels start to deteriorate, break, clips breaking etc....

The X-Pro Vader 150 has very weak passenger handles.
Lifting up the rear of the bike with one of these handles, will cause their mount points to bend.

This will be the last test to my bike, due to time and money constraints.
I hope this thread will have saved a future person from the mistakes I've made on mine.

Good luck, and keep riding!