Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtunimog View Post
Checked the valves again this morning as last night while I was idling i noticed the pipe turned very red within 30-45 seconds. Exhaust was slightly tight at 03. With my PW30b, (not idea what I am running for Main/Idle as the jets are not marked ) the needle is at the 4th notch and air/fuel mixture is about 1.5 turns out. Started up after my cold adjustment all seemed fine. When I took the plug out it was a bit black and sooty.

took a 5 mile loop and by the time I was to the top of my hill I was only getting power at 3/4 throttle everything else was bucking/sputtering.

I decided that since I need proper jets for the PW30b I might as well jump back to the Mikuni with 115/25 jets - 4th slot on the needle and 1.25-1/5 turns of the bottom (great placement for that thing !) screw. It was immediately worse, adjusted idle tried different needle settings, swapped out the 115 for a 110 jet. continued the same way. if not worse, at 3/4 throttle it was ok, fast WOT would kill the bike it would immediately nearly die. I went to change the needle position again and this time noticed that the rubber gasket sealing the bowl cover was misshapen and odd looking. No matter what I did I could not get it to sit back in the grove around the bowl. My fall back was the stock untouched original PZ30 hawk carb. Slapped that back in, started just fine, adjusted the idle and all seemed ok. drove up my hill further just fine, after about 3-4 minutes started sputtering really bad at lower throttle positions, anything but 3/4 and above was un-driveable. Exhaust seemed really loud as well.

I am missing something just not sure what
Have you tried running it with the fuel cap off? If you have an inline fuel filter, try running without it, and see what happens. Are you buying regular gas? If so, how long is it between fill-ups?