Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2021, 03:38 PM   #286

That's a good idea about welding a nut on there to hold the zerk fitting.Having second thoughts about that zerk fitting I was going to use,seen reviews where they break off right at the top of the thread because of them being such a small diameter of a thread.Plus that bearing their showing on Partskit is not a NK series bearing but a HMK series bearing without an oil hole which I assume should be used inside an engine case with a constant oil bath.Probably a bearing their using inside the engines on these ATV's.And instead of using the right bearing they just use those in the swing arm.
I just don't know until I try to drive them out whether their like the picture partskit has with no oil groove or hole or whether their like the one mudflap has in his Rhino 250.

Last edited by dugndeep; 04-23-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #287

This is what their calling the swing arm bushing,I thought it was a hollow steel shaft with a rubber or plastic sleeve on it.That's what I meant about not destroying it.So it's just all steel then?I'm going to order another one from Partskit in case I do mess the one in there up somehow trying to drive out the bearings

Old 04-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #288

Trying to find an angled grease fitting with a short shank.I should have measured the tube part of the swing arm while I had it apart.I'm pretty sure it is less than an 1/8th of an inch thick.I did see a grease fitting with a 3/32nd threaded shank somewhere,just not angled or have a ball.I'll have to see if I can find it again.I'm also seeing stories of the grease fittings breaking off because of the small threaded shanks though.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #289

They may call it a bushing but it's just a steel tube turned down on the ends so it can function as an inner race. Because it's not hardened steel it wears rapidly without enough grease.

Also, the ends of the "bushing" need to be clamped tightly between the frame so it doesn't rotate.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #290

I ordered another swing arm bushing but it's not going to ship until the end of May so I'm not going to do anything to my atv just yet.I also ordered a couple of bearings from Partskit plus a couple from somewhere else,also ordered some 45 degree angled grease fittings with a short shank,Alemite 1637-B1 45 degree angled grease fittings off Amazon for a pack of 10 for $4.62.The threaded portion of those grease fittings is less than an 1/8 of an inch.I thought about adding shims to take up the space between the swing arm arm's to eliminate some of that side to side movement.If the swing arm bushing is all steel could it be hardened?Heated until glowing red then quenched in oil maybe,know nothing other than what I have seen done on TV about hardening steel.
How do you make metal harder?
To make steel harder, it must be heated to very high temperatures. The final result of exactly how hard the steel becomes depends on the amount of carbon present in the metal. Only steel that is high in carbon can be hardened and tempered.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:34 PM   #291

Yes, add shims as needed so the "bushing" can be clamped tight. Also add an Oring to each side to cover the gap between the frame and the swingarm to keep out the dust and grit.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:24 AM   #292

I'll have to make sure I get the right side grease fitting in the right place because of the chain.Chain was to come loose or off the front sprocket,could just snapped the grease fitting right off.Might have to face the grease fitting forward and down on the front of the swing arm.

Old 05-08-2021, 04:35 PM   #293

I received some of my order from Partskit,ordered some swing arm bearings and a swing arm bushing,it was just $1.Also ordered 2 bearings from Aliexpress for $3.20 for 2 with free shipping just to compare and hope they are better bearings.In the picture the bearing on the right is from Partskit and the bearing on the left is from a seller on Aliexpress,PXKA bearings.I also ordered some rear disc brake pads but didn't get them,they was in stock when I ordered.No explanation to why I didn't get them.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...3da24c4dBalSCn
Only difference in bearings that I can see is the bearing on the left has a bigger grease hole than the bearing on the right.Rollers might be a tad bit bigger in the bearing on the left.I had to give $6 a piece for those 2 from Partskit.Aliexpress has really cut down on their shipping time from China to 2 weeks or less for my last 2 orders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg partskit parts 2021-05-08 001.JPG (177.3 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg partskit parts 2021-05-08 002.JPG (174.4 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg partskit parts 2021-05-08 003.JPG (165.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg partskit parts 2021-05-08 004.JPG (174.5 KB, 110 views)

Old 03-05-2023, 01:15 PM   #294

Any recommendations for spare bolts/nuts/washer packs for the bull?

Recommendations for carb/air hose replacement?

Appreciate any advice on spare parts you keep on hand!