Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Wlfpk I just posted a vid of the pipe here: Motor and trans are interchangeable with Suzuki and the carb is share with early 2000's Yamaha TW200. At the bottom is a cool review some guy did on the supermoto version of this bike. He seemed to like it but knocked it for the high MSRP and made comparisons to used Japanese bikes for the $$. I agree, except I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP for my SSR.

Here is the pipe:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice! Good to hear. Thanks for the youtube links. This is good news for me.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #32

Head Scratching Recommended carburetor & jet sizes

dh,
I’m considering purchasing a new 2018-19 SSR XF-250 motorcycle from the dealer in Paso Robles, but I know I’ll need a carburetor replacement and/or carb jet replacements, or both.
I know you have been very successful modifying the fuel system on your XF-250 bike, so I’m hopeful that you can pass along your knowledge to me so I can get a nice performing XF-250 and enjoy riding both motorcycles on road and off road.
I live in Pismo Beach about 400 feet above sea level.
Would you mind sharing what your XF-250’s comfortable cruising speed, and top speed is while cruising on paved highways?
By the way, I have already purchased and reviewed a Haynes Service & Repair Manual, #5750 for model years ‘07 to ‘14. Is their anything in this manual that I should just over look?
Are there anymore modifications or replacement items you’d recommend for me to do?
Thanks for your help,
PCG

Old 09-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #33

When does “dh” respond to questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
dh,
I’m considering purchasing a new 2018-19 SSR XF-250 motorcycle from the dealer in Paso Robles, but I know I’ll need a carburetor replacement and/or carb jet replacements, or both.
I know you have been very successful modifying the fuel system on your XF-250 bike, so I’m hopeful that you can pass along your knowledge to me so I can get a nice performing XF-250 and enjoy riding both motorcycles on road and off road.
Would you mind sharing what your XF-250’s comfortable cruising speed, and top speed is while cruising on paved highways?
By the way, I have already purchased and reviewed a Haynes Service & Repair Manual, #5750 for model years ‘07 to ‘14. Is their anything in this manual that I should just over look?
Are there anymore modifications or replacement items you’d recommend for me to do?
Thanks for your help,
PCG
When will he respond to questions regarding the XF250?
His last post said if you have any questions regarding the SSR XF-250 feel free to ask him! So I did.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #34

Quote:
dh,
Thanks for your help,
PCG
Sorry I missed this. Regarding the carb, I still have the stock carb and I love it. It runs a bit on the lean side stock but that's because of the Air injection smog system. If you remove that and uncover the idle mixture screw you will be pretty happy. I only found modifications to the carb really necessary after making air filter or exhaust modifications. As upgrades are made, the carb can be worked on easily without removal from the bike and the carburator vacuum system can be modified slightly for more responsiveness.

I cruise right at or below 70 and 7k Rpms. Much faster than that and my DS tires like to wander into the ice grooves which is no fun. I have done extended rides at 75+ but I notice fuel economy and range really goes down.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #35

Quote:
dh,

Thanks for your help,
PCG

There are a few things that come to mind as far as upgrades for this bike go, but none are urgent or even necessary. The bike works just fine as is and I have seen several bone stock Xf250s on craigslist with high mileage.

Issues I wish my dealer had caught during assembly included low or poor quality front fork fluid and brake fluid contamination on the front rotor which soon became warped. A swing-arm chain guard came loose after purchase but otherwise no issues with loose nuts and bolts like heard of with other china bikes.

I have pulled out the manual as needed and it is very thorough. It contains a lot of info about the 125cc and 200cc in the engine and specification sections but otherwise lots of good info and it makes service very simple and low stress. I actually enjoy working on this bike a lot.

This bike will really benefit from a long break in period. It runs better and better as you put the miles on it. When the time comes, I would highly recommend replacing the stock air cleaner and muffler however. The stock air box is a pain to service and is a little restrictive. The stock muffler is a heavy piece of junk, weighs more than some car mufflers and again, very restrictive.

You may want to research the oil cooler if Highway riding is on your agenda.

The gauge cluster is useable but I wish I upgraded it sooner. It lacked a trip meter and the tach bounced around at times it was useless.

It would be great to see more Xf250 owners on here so I hope your dealer can get you one for a good price. One thing to keep in mind is that the dealer should be able to promise you a street or DS version. When I bought mine, the street version came with aluminum passenger grab handles (Which look and feel sturdy but shatter if you actually pull on them)whereas the DS includes a luggage rack. I went for the DS which currently has Shinko 700's.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #36

Thumbs Up Thanks for the reply.

dh,
Thanks for the informative information. Makes the bike sound likes it’s pretty close to being completely ready to travel when purchased.
I’ll follow your suggestions.
I’m currently searching for a good selling price from a dealer.
PCG

Old 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #37

The only issue I see getting one is that they are somewhat rare. Dealers don't generally stock them, so if they have to order one, they will expect MSRP. There was a place in Van Nuys who had a leftover one brand new; I believe it was the fat-tired dual-sport version. The dealer used to be out in the El Monte area, and had a professional dealership selling primarily SSR bikes, but moved to Van Nuys several months ago. He was sharing a warehouse with some other business , and it did not look well organized, BUT he had an unsold XF250; it might have been a 2016. Let me track down the dealership if it is still open. I have since moved out of the L.A. area last week, so cannot go there in person, as it wasn't too far from Northridge.

This year's bikes, it appears that SSR considers them separate models; before it seemed like wheel/tire option but same model, but now they consider the fat-tired one a dual-sport, and the street-tired version a street model. It looks like they both have the rack, something that I recall the older one in Van Nuys did NOT have.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...duro-index.php

Edit: this is the place that had the XF250 as of last November https://powersportsgonewild.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-26-2019, 10:44 PM   #38

Thanks for the information.

Culcune,
Thanks for sending the two attachments for locating an SSR XF250 bike.
I’ll try and reach the dealer in the L.A. area tomorrow to see if he has, or will get, an XF250 bike, and sell it at a good price. I’ll also contact SSR company and see if he can hook me up with a dealership that regularly obtains XF250 bike’s.

PCG

Old 09-27-2019, 01:02 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The only issue I see getting one is that they are somewhat rare. Dealers don't generally stock them, so if they have to order one, they will expect MSRP.
Indeed. Of all the China Bikes I've owned, the Qingqi (Qlink XP200) product is by far, superior regarding quality of build. I like the quality of Q better than the TT250, X-moto or Hensims I've owned. The bike has been flawless since 2009.

Hell, even my RX3's. I've adjusted Q's valves twice in 10 years just out of maintenance. It fires right up without fail, like any Japanese bike I've owned. I just sold the TT250 last month and the white RX3 this evening. Q will never be on the chopping block. My "go to" little get-around.

You don't compare the SSR XF250 to the Hawk or Bashan or Tao Tao. You compare it to the Suzuki DR200 and what you get for the money.

No need to upgrade a bunch of stuff. Mine's stock with the exception of the FMF exhaust. Just ride it other than stuff like tires, tubes and fuel line and filter change.

That video earlier was a joke. Typical Japanese snobbery. Yes, Q will wheelie, if you know how to ride one. Hell, I used to wheelie my CT70 for as long as the rode allowed when I was a kid. It's not the bike, its the rider.

I would not think twice about buying an SSR XF250.....and no, I've never had plastic parts fall or vibrate off Q. What an asshat.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #40

Good points on the XF250, 2LZ! I think with the Hondnoid bikes at or exceeding the $2k mark, the XF could be considered a solid deal at $3k. This is based on reported ownership by current members here. If they were available locally in Yuma once again, I would seriously consider one.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #41

2LZ that earlier video was a joke but as much as he tried to hate on on it, he really had to dig to find complaints. As far as the plastics go, nothing is going to inexplicably fall off. My original front fender is fine, and I have a floodlight mounted to it.

1CW check with JP Motorsports in Chula Vista as well. It's a bit of a drive for you, but they have been selling these bikes for years now. They show a 2016 XF250 on their site, but it might be the bobber version.

The small dealer Culcune referenced used to advertise XF250's on Craigslist for a good price. The small shop I bought mine from did not include any destination or assembly charge.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:59 PM   #42

Check JP again and yes it is a new xf250 bobber for $2495.

Culcune moving back to AZ gives you way more options for your new bike. Have you narrowed the search much?

Old 09-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #43

Quote:
The small dealer Culcune referenced used to advertise XF250's on Craigslist for a good price. The small shop I bought mine from did not include any destination or assembly charge.
I just spoke with the owner, Brad, and he has since moved to Hawaii. He thinks he still has the XF250 at his California house, and is willing to sell it for $2400. I saw it last November, if it is the same bike. It was new. On the other hand, he might have had a personal XF. Anyway, 1cylinderwonder, I would call him if I was you. I played off that I lived in Pismo, because he asked what city I lived in, so he might get a little confused, lol.

Quote:
Culcune moving back to AZ gives you way more options for your new bike. Have you narrowed the search much?
No! It makes it more difficult!! I noticed a dealership in Phoenix is offering the Lifan X-Pect 200 which makes it convenient because it is already assembled, and would give me a built in road trip back home, but there are some leftover 2018 Storms offered in a couple dealers in Phoenix, or the one bike I really wanted, the Brozz 250. I haven't eliminated the Hawk, and am on a wait and see regarding the Hawk DLX. Heck, the TT250 is still tempting...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #44

Head Scratching SSR XF250 motorcycle After Market Seat

Howdy Guys,
I’m interested in getting an after-market seat that is more comfortable, and taller, than the OEM riders seat on the stock 2019 SSR XF250 bike.
I’m taller than average and have a wider behind and would enjoy a wider and taller rider’s seat than what comes stock on the SSR XF250 motorcycle.
Do any of you know where, what dealer, offers after-market seats for the SSR XF250 bike?
Or do you know of another motorcycle’s rider’s seat that will fit snugly on the stock frame of the SSR XF250?
I’d appreciate your help or suggestions.
Thanks,
1cylinder wonder

Old 06-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #45

Culcune, Do You Know of an After-Market Seat?

Quote:
Howdy Guys,
I’m interested in getting an after-market seat that is more comfortable, and taller, than the OEM riders seat on the stock 2019 SSR XF250 bike.
I’m taller than average and have a wider behind and would enjoy a wider and taller rider’s seat than what comes stock on the SSR XF250 motorcycle.
Do any of you know where, what dealer, offers after-market seats for the SSR XF250 bike?
Or do you know of another motorcycle’s rider’s seat that will fit snugly on the stock frame of the SSR XF250?
I’d appreciate your help or suggestions.
Thanks,
1cylinder wonder
I’m hoping Culcune has the after market information for me!