Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Q9 Powersports

This is just my experience with this distributor. Your experience may be better or worse. I will just state the facts and you can decide from there. I ordered a Hawk 250 from them the day before Thanksgiving, November 21st. The bike arrived on Tuesday, December 4th. The transit time was probably longer than usual but that is probably because of the holiday. There was very little damage to the outside of the metal crate. Just a fork mark on the corrugation and a bent metal rail on top. I had the bike delivered to my work address as we have loading docks here; therefore the unloading process was uneventful. Q9 is based out of Wisconsin according to their website. The bike was shipped from RPS direct out of Carrollton, TX via Roadrunner Transportation. Q9 was always quick to respond to my email questions. Usually the same day. A damaged muffler cover was found when uncrating the bike and Q9 sent me a replacement within a few days. Honestly it wasn’t even shipping damage. It was the packed badly in China for the trip over here. I purchased shipping damage insurance for $35 at checkout and they made good on that. I could have probably taken advantage of the insurance for a few other items but then again it was poor packaging and not shipping damage. I am still waiting on the certificate of origin which they say could be up to 10 days. I have no reason to believe that it won’t based on my experience with them. I’ll report back if that becomes an issue.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #2

I also had a good experience with them. Bought 2 bikes, 1 Magician and 1 Hawk. Both arrived in good condition, the Magician had a broken side stand but I just re-welded the break and all was well. Contact was good with Q9 both on the phone and by email. Received the MSO in a timely manner and registered both bikes with no problem.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #3

I bought a Magician from them almost two years ago and all was good. No damage, paperwork took about 2 weeks.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #4

I received the notarized certificate of origin in the mail yesterday as promised along with a bill of sale. I already have the insurance policy so now I am ready for my first experience with a Hawk at the tag and title place.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #5

Didn't notice this thread last visit so I'll drop my Q9 post in here...

Sold me a used&wrecked Magician and completely bailed on the engine warranty.. Like other RPS dealers all they do is just relay orders to RPS and collect on some commission via their 1996 design web sites.. It goes from a Chinese shipping container strait to you out of TX on a drop-gate straight-truck via Roadrunner, RTL etc....

Lot's of RPS and Q9 staff are active members here but pretty much go inactive any time someone gets screwed.. I'm not the first to get a used&wrecked bike that had no damage to the shipping rig which tells someone along the line knew they were screwing you.. Supposedly RPS staff check everything they unload off the intermodal trailers at their Texas warehouse...

Old 01-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #6

I filed a warranty claim last week for a new rectifier after talking with Jordan at Q9 who is a service technician. My charging system wasn’t going above 12.8 volts. I wasn’t able to talk with someone right when I called but Jordan did call me back a couple of hours later after someone took my contact info. He instructed me how to file the claim with customer service via email. I didn’t hear back from them so I thought OK I’m on my own getting the part or there was going to be endless back and forth trying to get the part from them. Well today the rectifier was delivered via USPS two day priority mail from RPS on behalf of Q9. At this point I have no reason to not continue to do business with them as they have come through for me on every level. With this type of customer service I would be willing to pay a little more when price matching to go with a company that I can trust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.8 KB, 529 views)

Old 01-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Didn't notice this thread last visit so I'll drop my Q9 post in here...

Sold me a used&wrecked Magician and completely bailed on the engine warranty.. Like other RPS dealers all they do is just relay orders to RPS and collect on some commission via their 1996 design web sites.. It goes from a Chinese shipping container strait to you out of TX on a drop-gate straight-truck via Roadrunner, RTL etc....

Lot's of RPS and Q9 staff are active members here but pretty much go inactive any time someone gets screwed.. I'm not the first to get a used&wrecked bike that had no damage to the shipping rig which tells someone along the line knew they were screwing you.. Supposedly RPS staff check everything they unload off the intermodal trailers at their Texas warehouse...
Dual Sport — Do you still have your Magician. If so, is it holding up pretty well? Did you get the damage and all of the other issues sorted out?

Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #8

Nice to see they looked after you ,and you posted it .Often when something goes bad ,we hear about it ,we don’t always hear about when things go correctly .

Old 01-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #9

Q9 were very reputable until DualSport reported his issues; also I believe he reported them being connected to txpowersports which raised red flags here on Chinariders. A few years back, member Azhule had issues with txpowersports for trying something similar to what DualSport experienced.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #10

so far Q9 has been very good to me.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOWL10 View Post
Dual Sport — Do you still have your Magician. If so, is it holding up pretty well? Did you get the damage and all of the other issues sorted out?
I rebuilt the original engine and currently have a new Hawk engine on it. It idles and rides like new now.

Only issues are just QA stuff with coil and having to tap new threads on the top engine mount cause the metal is so bad and turns to powder under high-service cases.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #12

I bought my Hawk from Q9 as did a few of my buddies,I had a problem this summer with the front brake switch that lights up the tail light.Even though it was long past the warranty they just sent it to me no charge at all.My friend had another minor issue out of warranty they sent him the part needed no questions asked.