Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2022, 02:49 AM   #1

Grin I found EFI Air/Fuel Ratio Tuning Solutions for Lifans!

I've cycled over 5000 miles with my Lifan X-Pect!!!

If anyone else just wants Air/Fuel Ratio control after modifying their EFI Lifans. Then you can easily use an EFI-Enhancer that modifies the alternating voltage of the O2 Sensor within 12.7-16.7 before it goes into limp mode and thinks the O2 Sensor is dead. Anything more will require an Openport 2.0 Re-flash of more aggressive fuel maps. If you want to modify the Ignition advance without causing interference with the vacuum advance system then you'd have to modify the Intake Air Temp Sensor alongside the vacuum advance system which can rest at -8 Degrees before TDC at idle and climb to +17 Degrees After TDC at 9000RPMs. Since it's fuel injected and the ECU runs the ignition advance curve, you can't just put a performance CDI on it to keep the ignition advance from flattening out at 5000Rpms. For that you'd need a Magnum Dyno-Boost Module to manipulate the ignition advance alongside the vacuum advance to keep it from flattening out and of course EFI-Enhancement for Air/Fuel Ratio Control.

So for under 50 DAI you can get a good EFI-Enhancer.
(https://eagle-research.com/product/e...r-efie-device/)

Though a Magnum Performance Chip will cost you 300 DAI, though the reviews are great. (https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/deta...200-dual-sport)

Either way, you'll have full Air/Fuel Ratio Control within Limp Mode Limits.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:07 PM   #2

I'll make an install video when I get the chance, it's pretty straightforward. Because the O2 Sensor is a fluctuating voltage signal, it's baseline of .6 to .8 volts for a good 14.6 mixture can be offset in millivolts. The ECU will always attempt to maintain the same voltage, what makes an EFI-E System work is it's ability to keep a fluctuation pace with the actual O2 Sensor readings. While adding or reducing voltage to the O2 Sensor output before it reaches the ECU. Much like a millivolt step up-down. Though while you can make a waterproof case for it with a travel soap carrier. I'd still also recommend spraying both sides of the circuit board in liquid electrical tape to prevent condensation corrosion. Just be precise scraping the liquid electrical tape spray off only the adjustment screw and you should be good. Also, the adjustment screw is clutched. So you can step up or step down voltage without overturning the adjustment screw itself. I you get a Engine Code for the O2 Voltage being out of range, you've probably just mixed up the green and white wires. The EFI-E System requires a baseline voltage fluctuations to keep step pace with. So make sure you connect the O2 Senors output voltage to the EFI-E System's input wire so it can keep it's step pace with your O2 Sensor voltage. Otherwise it'll just be in the way and never detect baseline O2 Sensor Voltage and your bike will get no O2 Voltage through it causing your bike to go into limp mode and throw the "O2 Sensor Voltage Out of Range" Code. It's easy to switch them back if you do go into limp mode though. Just don't rush the green and white wires, make sure you soldier your 250 Ohm to the white wire and it's an easy install. I've got a link to the install as well as the 250 Ohm, which will give you 250 Ohms of enrichment or 125 Ohms of leaning. Just be sure you put it on the white wire so that you don't interfere with the EFI-E System's voltage fluctuation pacing. Anyways, here's the installation link and some 250 Ohms as well. ✌️

(Install Guide)
https://eagle-research.com/wp-conten...FIEinstall.pdf

(250 Ohms)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TDPDPMG

Last edited by GamingRAPTRcom; 06-30-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:05 PM   #3

Grin

EFI Tuning Guide Video (Part 1)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EFI-T.jpg (33.0 KB, 238 views)

Old 07-17-2022, 12:29 AM   #4

Grin The EFI-E System from Eage-Research works really well!!!

I Tuned My EFI System!!! I took a few hours, but I've got it dialed in really well and it sounds great and runs cool without flatlining in the upper Rpms or backfiring with the intake, header, slip-on combo I've installed. I can personally say the Eagle-Research EFI-E System works really well if you soldier a high quality 250 Ohm resistor inline on the white wire. My bike pulls so well now it skips from 51-56Mph on the GPS and I'm running a 17-42 Sprocket set.

Checkout the video here!!!

Also, here is the full install guide video series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Torque App HUD.jpg (129.9 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by GamingRAPTRcom; 07-17-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:57 AM   #5

What is a 150 millivolt resistor?

Old 07-17-2022, 10:22 AM   #6

Typing across multiple tabs.

Didn't realize that didn't match the previous posts.
Thanks for reading everything.

Old 06-12-2023, 02:52 PM   #7

Is there any benefit to running this on a stock Lifan kpx250 or should I wait until I've done at least an airbox and exhaust mod?

Tags
efi, fuel, lifan, ratio, tuning