Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #181

Welcome, sounds to me like you may have a vacuum leak somewhere... i would double check intake gaskets, as well as check the valve clearances before attempting to remap. valve clearances are critical on these tiny engines a few thousandths of an inch out of spec and they go to absolute crap instantly... so theres a few things to check...

Old 02-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderothica View Post
Hi guys. Am using Scomadi TT125i with Delphi MT05 ecu. The problem now is my engine temp is quite high, the idling is not stable (sometimes below 2000rpm n sometimes it could goes up to 2600rpm), frequently dies during idling and sometimes while riding the bike. I was thinking of remapping since it got so much problem.
Totally wrong thinking, you cannot "tune" mechanical errors out with "software"

Fix the mechanical or sensor issues and you'll have a decent bike....

Old 03-07-2020, 08:36 AM   #183

Old 03-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #184

hello someone can kindly update the download link of the pchud software thanks

Old 04-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #185

Exclamation New Software HUD ECU Hacker replaces PCHUD

Hello

I have good news:
The ancient PCHUD from Delco is obsolete since today.
PCHUD is from 1993 and does not run on 64 bit Windows.
The configuration with the binary PAR and HUD files was a mess.

As there is no other software which is able to communicate with the Delphi MT05 I wrote a completely new software which replaces PCHUD.

It's name is: "HUD ECU Hacker".
It is freeware and it can be configured 100% by the user.
All parameters are defined in an XML file.
This allows to adapt the program even to other ECU's.

It can also communicate over an ELM 327 adapter.
And while PCHUD can only display max 36 parameters at the same time, HUD ECU Hacker diplays them all.

It can record logfiles and export to CSV.
It can clear fault codes (DTC) which did not work in PCHUD.

You find a detailed program description and the download here:
https://netcult.ch/elmue/HUD%20ECU%20Hacker/

This is the main window:

This is the dashboard window:

And this is a graphic generated from a logfile:

Old 04-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorix View Post
Hello

I have good news:

As there is no other software which is able to communicate with the Delphi MT05 I wrote a completely new software which replaces PCHUD.

And while PCHUD can only display max 36 parameters at the same time, HUD ECU Hacker diplays them all.

This is the main window:

This is the dashboard window:

And this is a graphic generated from a logfile:

Can it tune or change parameters as well? That is useful for folk who use the Big bore kits and want to tune to the new engine config

Old 05-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #187

I couldn't get the software to recognize my AJP PR5 when I connected b with a Tactrix Openport. Do you have any suggestions?

Old 05-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #188

Oh No Support fir HUD ECU Hacker

NzBrakelathes:

Tuning is not implemented yet. Currently HUD ECU Hacker version 1.2 is only diagnostic software. I could implement that theoretically but I don't know the commands which must be sent to the ECU. If you have any information send me an email.

Ifstewart:

If you have any problems with my software please send me an email. You find my email in the tab "About" in my program and at the bottom of the help file. I need the follwoing information:
  1. The model of your ECU. You can also send me a photo.
  2. The version of HUD ECU Hacker which you are using.
  3. What exact error message do you get when you select "K-Line adapter" and click "Connect"?
  4. What exact error message do you get when you select "ELM327 adapter" and click "Connect"?
Please send this information to my email. You can also send me a screenshot of the Trace pane with the error message.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:41 PM   #189

Thanks for your reply. It is a Delphi MT05 ECU. It is the same engine as is used on the CSC RX3. I'm using version 1.2 of ECU Hacker. When I hit connect, it says select a COM port. I'm assuming the drop down next to the Connect button is for COM port selection, but there is nothing there to select from. I installed the 3.5 version of the driver as well.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #190

Supported adapters

Your problem is the wrong adapter.

In the mean time I have studied some documents about Tactrix Openport. This adapter does not create a COM port. The communication with this adapter requires a special API which is described in SAE J2534. The communication goes through a Windows DLL which sends commands via USB directly to the adapter without using a COM port.

I could theoretically implement the connection over this J2534 DLL into HUD ECU Hacker. The problem is that I don't have this adapter to make tests with.

The original adapter is very expensive and the chinese counterfeits come from China. If I order one now in times of corona panic, will it ever arrive at my home?

What did you pay for your adapter?
What software did you install to use it?

Do you have the possibility to buy an ELM327 adapter?
Price approx $10 USD.

Or do you know a bit of electronics and can build your own K-Line adapter as described in the Help file?
You need an USB to RS232 adapter and 2 transistors.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #191

Works with Rongmao MT05 ECU as well

I tested it today and it seems that it works for the Rongmao MT05 ECU as well. (using the bluetooth ELM as well)

Not sure if the Rongmao MT05 is a chinese clone or a rebrand of the Delphi MT05.

The Rongmao MT05 is used in 50cc chinese scooters for the EU market since several countries (like the Netherlands) started enforcing their EURO-4 emission standards for these vehicles.

[QUOTE=Raptorix;332913]Hello

I have good news:

Last edited by mauricevs; 05-22-2020 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Removed the pictures so the reply is not unnecessary large

Old 05-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Have you found a solution yet to adjust the ecu from rongmao? I have the same problem.
Hi Eddy, yes and no.

Are you trying to adjust the speed limiter from 25 to 34? then i have to disappoint you.

I contacted Rongmao in China yes, i am fluent in Google Translate and asked them if there are any solutions available. They told me the following:

The software that they use to remap the MT05 ECU with specific parameters is not for sale.

They sell devices for 200$ (see picture) that can remap your rongmao MT05 ECU to very specific speed limits:

1. 25KM/H
2. 45KM/H
3. Unlimited KM/H

I really wonder what kind of commands go through the cable though, if only there was a way to sniff that data then maybe we could replicate the process using other values.

I was thinking about a workaround as well, the ecu measures the REV which is a pulse, in theory it would be possible to use a arduino (they are capable of pulse modulation) and program a conversion table for it. Presuming that you would like your scooter to run 34 KM/H and is currently limited to 25 KM/H that would kinda look like this: measured REV example minus 34% and feed the result over REV cable to the ECU. I will come back to this.

And maybe even better: if we could find out if there was a way to use SLEW to temporarily increase the REV limit then in theory it would be possible to inject these SLEW commands over Bluetooth using the ELM337 with a phone.

Please, let correct me if i'm wrong, my knowledge about the subject is still limited compared to other users on this forum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture of speed limit removal .jpg (98.5 KB, 1226 views)

Old 05-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #193

Exclamation Speed Limits

Hello

It is not possible to put an Arduino in between which manipulates the crank position sensor. The ECU needs the exact position of the crankshat to calculate the moment of the spark generation. And it needs the real RPM to calculate the amount of fuel injection and much more.

Do you have any documentation about the SLEW files?

It is very easy to spy the data traffic over K-Line.
I will imlement that into the next version of HUD ECU Hacker (version 1.4) This can be done with a simple K-Line / VAG adapter for 5 bucks.

However even if you have spied the data which the Rongmao scan tool sends over the cable it may be difficult to reverse engeneer the meaning of the bytes. They may even use a secret algorithm to calculate a checksum which the ECU verifies.

Do you know if the Rongmao Tool uses K-Line or the CAN bus?
The 6 pin ECM adapter of the MT05 has both.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #194

I just wanted to follow up. I bought an ELM bluetooth connector from Amazon and ECU Hacker works perfectly! Thank you so much!

Old 05-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #195

Thanks for the feedback.

I also bought a Tactrix Openport and I can tell you already that the next version 1.4 (coming soon) will also support J2534 adapters.