Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #61

Spud,

I assumed you out of memory error happened when you tried to load your log file using LOG.exe.

If this is the case then
I have just managed to recreate the same error message whilst trying to load a log file that I just created in PCHUD with the data cable disconnected.

So the " no data" idea in the log file seems quite likely.

Tomorrow i will have the chance to connect up to my bike and hopefully find out a bit more as to why you are getting this problem when connected.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #62

Kat,

Did you edit any other .hud and .par files you are willing share? I am busy examining the data from the ECU of my RX3, and everything looks good. I don't have any error codes, and all values displayed look good.

In regards to old error codes, I believe they are automatically removed from the ECU after a certain time period. I believe they have a life of approximately two weeks, or so.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
Spud,

I assumed you out of memory error happened when you tried to load your log file using LOG.exe.

If this is the case then
I have just managed to recreate the same error message whilst trying to load a log file that I just created in PCHUD with the data cable disconnected.

So the " no data" idea in the log file seems quite likely.

Tomorrow i will have the chance to connect up to my bike and hopefully find out a bit more as to why you are getting this problem when connected.
Kat,

As always, thank you for you help. I'm confident you theory is correct. I created a good log file, and I am now able to view it.

Can you offer some advice regarding my questions in post #60, and post #62? Thank you for leading the way with this software.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thank you, Kat. I got the log file to work.

From your post #41, I downloaded and installed the LiveLink Gen-II software. I also downloaded your files.

I can view RX3.log, and zoom in on the data.
I can view RX3.ply, and see a snapshot of the data in PCHUD.
I can view RX3 Live Link Gen.csv in the Live Link Gen-II software, and I see all the graphs. Individual lines are highlighted when I choose the desired engine parameter. Did you include any gauges?

The Live Link Gen-II software is very powerful, and much nicer than the PCHUD log program. Is there a help file, or tutorial for learning how to operate the Live Link Gen-II software, and create gauges?
To be honest I can't remember what I put in the download but probably not a configuration file for the gauges.

But you can do this quite easily by doing a right click on any one of the gauges and select a different parameter for each gauge and then play back the data in "real time" which is pretty cool.

To make the gauges bigger you can slide the divider between the gauges and the graph to the right.

For the help file which has some instruction , if you click on the first tab at the top you will then see it listed on the left hand side .

I will have a search and see if i can find something better.

Hope this was what you meant

Old 08-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #65

Thank you, Kat. I did find the help file for the LiveLink Gen-II software. I was also able to configure the gauges for different parameters. If you have time, I would love to see you start a thread on the LiveLink Gen-II software.

Do you have any other .hud and .par files you edited, which you are willing to share?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #66

Quote:
Kat,

Did you edit any other .hud and .par files you are willing share? I am busy examining the data from the ECU of my RX3, and everything looks good. I don't have any error codes, and all values displayed look good.

In regards to old error codes, I believe they are automatically removed from the ECU after a certain time period. I believe they have a life of approximately two weeks, or so.
Sort of and yes , but they are unfinished at the moment , I will certainly upload them when done.

Unfortunately with the par files I haven't been able to change or add any parameters only translate what is already there in the originals.

The hud files are just configuration files these can be created from within PCHUD and saved.

If for some reason you wish to erase old error codes sooner you can use OpenDiag.exe , this is in one of my earlier posts

Old 08-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #67

Thank you for all your help, Kat. The software and hardware here are now working well. I just need to play with the software, and gain experience.

I eagerly await your further updates as your knowledge in this area grows.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #68

Now that I have all the hardware and software working, here are my preliminary impressions.

Real time data viewing, looking for error codes, et cetera, is very convenient and informative using the PCHUD program. The playback files allow you to record this real time data, and play it back later. The log files allow you to create nice graphs in the LiveLink software, where you can view all of the individual parameters as they fluctuate over time.

What are the slew files?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #69

Quote:
Thank you for all your help, Kat. The software and hardware here are now working well. I just need to play with the software, and gain experience.

I eagerly await your further updates as your knowledge in this area grows.
No problem spud, glad its all working well now.

What i need to do soon, whilst the bike is running well, is capture some good log data perhaps at idle and out on a ride that i can easily do again.

So should the bike develop problems in the future i will then be able to compare "good" log files with "bad" ones To help with diagnosing possible faults.

I will certainly add more to this thread as i gain more experience but its quite a steep learning curve
So I welcome anyones input no matter how small, especially when i get things wrong.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:55 PM   #70

Capturing log files at idle, and over a short test run, is an excellent idea.

How do you physically set up the computer and cable for recording log data during a test ride? I assume you remove the pillion saddle, and run the data cable into the trunk, which contains the computer.

Do you cushion the computer with foam during the ride. Can you close the laptop cover, or do you need to keep it slightly ajar with some foam, et cetera?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #71

Quote:
What are the slew files?
I don't really know but i think the slew function and slew files enable you to interact with the ECU, raise or lower idle speed, that kind of thing.

I don't think the Delphi MT 05 is capable of this but I've stayed well clear of this part of PCHUD , just in case, coz i'm bound to kill it

Old 08-29-2015, 03:04 PM   #72

Quote:
Capturing log files at idle, and over a short test run, is an excellent idea.

How do you physically set up the computer and cable for recording log data during a test ride? I assume you remove the pillion saddle, and run the data cable into the trunk, which contains the computer.

Do you cushion the computer with foam during the ride. Can you close the laptop cover, or do you need to keep it slightly ajar with some foam, et cetera?
The log i did before of a quick ride I turned off the bit to shut down or hibernate the laptop with the lid shut and bunged it in the top box.

I think there was enough room between the bike and the pillion seat to run the cable with the seat on

Old 08-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #73

Quote:
The log i did before of a quick ride I turned off the bit to shut down or hibernate the laptop with the lid shut and bunged it in the top box.

I think there was enough room between the bike and the pillion seat to run the cable with the seat on
Thanks for the good tips, Kat.

The PCHUD software is so much easier to use, and more versatile than an OBD2 scanner. I'm really glad the Zongshen RX3 employs Delphi EFI technology, and we have such a nice diagnostic program available to us.

Once again, thanks for all your groundbreaking research on this topic.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #74

Quote:
I don't really know but i think the slew function and slew files enable you to interact with the ECU, raise or lower idle speed, that kind of thing.

I don't think the Delphi MT 05 is capable of this but I've stayed well clear of this part of PCHUD , just in case, coz i'm bound to kill it
I agree. I won't be messing with the slew files, either.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #75

The PCHud software displays fault codes in decimal form, while the engine warning light flashes hexidecimal codes. Here is a chart of the Delphi MT05 ECU fault codes, in both decimal, and hexidecimal form.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220