Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #1

Shes Alive!!!! Shes Alive!!!!! the Zongshen lives again!!!!

Just wanted to give an update to all who were concerned,involved and helped with all my troubles with my 06 Zongshen 250gs. Thanks Fast Doc, for the parts, weldngrind for tech info,...moderator,Spud and anyone i may have missed.
I have recently recieved the stator gasket from Manny down in miami,fl to complete the electrical issues with my 250gs. Soldered the pig tails back on to the new stator and installed the pick up coil, ignition coil and cdi. It fired right up beautiful,...thanks again Doc!
Well so far,..ive rode it about 92 miles with no problems. but here are a few issues ive noticed....
#1 when checking oil, do you screw the oil cap all the way down or just set it on top then re check?
#2 after checking oil i noticed that the dipstick was lose to where it looks like the gears came around an touched it some deforming the rod.. (Ived managed to rebend it so its not touching)
#3 is it possible to remove the oil rod ,eleviating the possibility of further damage and check oil by the sight glass?
#4 what is the adjustment for the clutch? Sometimes its hard (almost impossible) to "pop" it back into neutral once stopping at a light . not to mention a slight "clunk" when shifting into 1st gear.
#5 is it normal to hear the "clunk" when downshifting or approaching a stop?
Sorry about all the questions fellows , but being im not familiar or know what the "characteristics" are on this bike, id like to "fine tune" as close to specs as possible.
Thanks again everyone and i appreciate all your info since being on this site! Bobby ride safe!!!!