Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #1

I think it knows....

I trying to sell my Qlink XF200. The bike has given me very little trouble since I bought it new in 2009. A guy came to test drive it and ended up pushing it back to my house. He said it quit on him. I was able to kick start it but not with starter button. It has been starting fine for the past few weeks but I didn't insure it this year as I've been riding my new 2012 Versys instead. My first thought was the battery as I put in a Walmart Never Start conventional last year. I put it on a tender through the winter but the acid did go down a few times. Maybe that was enough to kill it. So, I went and got a new sealed battery and it starts and runs fine now. The new problem is that the neutral light will not go off. It will show both neutral and the gear I'm in. At first the neutral was not showing but the other gears were. Now it stays on all of the time. I pulled off the side covers and un-bolted the switch looking for any damage or pinched wires. It seemed fine to me showing very little wear from the detent pin. I've checked the wiring diagram for wire colors and traced the wires to the plug and all looks well there also. My next step is to get into the guage housing to see if I can see anything wrong there. Before I do that can anyone suggest something else?
2016 Tao Tao 125D