Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #1

Whole sale bikes

Alright I stumbled across a website called alibaba.com. Now I don’t have any experience dealing with whole sale Chinese motorcycle producers but it looks like I could get a bike from them. It also seems like a website for scammers. But I was able to find TONS of different Chinese clone bikes there. But I know nothing about having to import and put something like this thru customs. Is this a crazy idea

Old 02-19-2021, 12:13 PM   #2

My personal opinion would be to avoid. Unless you need to save every penny possible. Customs can be very confusing and challenging to deal with. If your nerves are up to potential long delays, etc. you may survive the ordeal.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:24 PM   #3

Yes, it's crazy expensive to import only one of something with all the paperwork that will be involved. Unless you're planning on being a distributor, and importing bikes by the container load, you won't save anything over buying something already imported.

Old 02-27-2021, 11:16 PM   #4

Thanks guys I just saw this website and it looked crazy with the amount of just weird bikes n all

Old 10-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #5

If your nerves are up to potential long delays, etc. you may survive the ordeal. My personal opinion would be to avoid. Customs can be very confusing and challenging to deal with. Unless you need to save every penny possible.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #6

You can save huge money, my wife and I have purchased a lot from aliexpress (which is more consumer pointed). Friend of mine purchased a mini tracked excavator from alibaba, ended up costing about $800 to handle import/duties on a $3500 purchase..

Only way it would really work is to get a group buy for a containers worth...

Old 10-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #7

How are you guys going to deal with the thousands of dollars in emissions testing that will need to be done before you can import them ? Lots of bikes were brought in before 2010 ,one or two at a time ,then the emissions people got involved and it is no longer worthwhile on a small scale .

Old 10-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #8

It's a dead end.
I contacted sellers on ali express and baba about atvs.
The cost to ship is a grand so you end up at nearly the same price as one already in America, granted what you would find to import is a significantly better model.
With that point made, you will also find out almost no seller will sell you 1, even if they claim that's their minimum purchase quantity; they will send you to an American dealer.

That guy mentioning emissions testing flew a bit too far into the thin air though. It's not illegal to import or sell vehicles that do not comply with emissions regulations, only to operate them. You wouldn't need a large quantity inspected by any means, you wouldn't believe the things I've imported and people I know have imported without issue.
I once had a gas engine skateboard the size of a surfboard shipped from China to the docks of Cleveland Ohio, and then freighted to my house for a grand whopping total of about $300! I actually had to call the harbor master to inform them of the freight service coming to pick it up, but it was a really quick and easy deal.

Tags
alibaba, cg125