Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #1

110 Hummer style

My 10yr old son has saved enough money from his paper route to buy an offroad vehicle and put a deposit down on a 110 Hummer style ATV with a loncin engine.

Full price $899 cdn included a Free DOT helmet.

We just got his boots, pants and jersey today as a school end straight "A" year gift.

Pics early next week when we pick it up once its ready.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #2

Hopefully he will feel a sense of ownership after working hard to save his money.

He will have all summer to ride. Just have to keep delivering papers to pay for the gas.

Allen

Old 06-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #3

After a couple days of learning in the back yard I took him on his first long ride today. That is after we put the chain back on and tighten it up ( it had stretched and fell off)

On the first mild incline the atv didn't have the guts to get up at all untill I noticed he was holding the brake slightly as well
he was quite cautious and needed constant reminders not to ride the brake. We worked quite a bit on speed control on the downhills and on hitting all the bumps square to avoid "tippin". On the trip back from our halfway point we made real good time and I even got upto third gear a couple times. It took us 50 minutes on the way out and 35min on the way back. On the flats he opend it up and we were cruising at a good clip. Since my speedo's broke I have no Idea how fast the quad goes right now and I have it govern'd to about half power.
All and all I'm proud he felt secure enough it get'er up to speed and he did alot better than I expected. His hands ached after we were done since he's not used to the motions of thumb gas and hand brake but I've explained that the strength will come. Once again I forgot my camera :( but I'll take a couple pictures of the bike if the rain stops tonight.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #4

Pic

Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #5

looks nice and congrats. my daughter wants a quad but i told her learn to ride a motorcycle then we'll see. again looks great and have fun.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #6

Looks Cool,
I was tooling around the flea market today and they have several
models there (way too expensive) and my girls were were like " OH MY GOD DADDY, That's what I want for X-mas... Already in the works but they don't know it... I like the fact that riding can be a family affair, just hard to convince the wife... Ride on...

Old 06-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #7

I had been working on him to get a bike first but his mother shot us down. She'd only agree to a atv.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #8

my wife has no choice my dad still has my bike in storage so that will be her bike (old honda trail 70). then maybe a quad. a free bike is better than waiting for the one you really want. although my wife would rather us get a quad, but i'd rather be riding a new klr 650 or a ktm 650/990 adventure so we compromised