Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I ordered from powersportsmax and have a delivery later today and so far it has been night and day difference from Veloz.
I ordered my Rhino from SPS and it showed up on time.....albeit with some plastic damage that I got no satisfaction about, but that was years ago now.
Keep us up to date on your PSM order. I always felt that they and SPS were sister companies. Maybe not.
Culcune??? Any inside info?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-09-2020, 11:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I ordered my Rhino from SPS and it showed up on time.....albeit with some plastic damage that I got no satisfaction about, but that was years ago now.
Keep us up to date on your PSM order. I always felt that they and SPS were sister companies. Maybe not.
Culcune??? Any inside info?
Maybe they were affiliated back when SPS was based in CA. I don't see any evidence of that now. They only exist in the virtual world now riding on the coat tails of what was once a brick and mortar operation. Powersportsmax is the online branch of maxpro llc. They also sell on amazon as moto pro.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #18

I am fairly certain Powersportsmax is not affiliated with Superiorpowersports. From what I understand, Powersportsmax is Chinese owned and affiliated; I understand that they work with manufacturers directly in China, and get year end bonuses from the manufacturers directly. This is what Pete from Kronik Racing told me, and I figure the dealers, especially in the L.A. area like Kronik is, would get dealer gossip like that. I take it they are kind of a dealer clearinghouse of sorts. I do know they will buy up the remaining popular lines of bikes so they are the exclusive dealer for a while, at least, and not just drop-shipping. I understand they recently bought the last remaining KPMini 150s, for instance; maybe the last 25 bikes. They are a powerhouse of sorts, and seem to wield a bunch of clout, so it does make sense that they are ultimately run out of China if that is true.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #19

well i got a email
they finally ship the bull 200 today i cant beleve it i thought i lost my money coming from tao moters in tex

Old 06-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #20

you know, I just had a thought, I would love to see a series of old fashioned undercover reports on these companies. the kind the tv news shows did back in the 60's and 70's.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
well i got a email
they finally ship the bull 200 today i cant beleve it i thought i lost my money coming from tao moters in tex
Power Ride Outlet or Killer MotorSports?

BTW, congrats!

Old 06-10-2020, 06:31 AM   #22

I'm disappointed to hear about these problems. I bought my TBR7 from Killermotorsports in February and had no issues with expected delivery time or getting my MCO. There was a few day delay with the MCO arrival but I attributed that to the postal overload during covid lockdown. They were helpful on the phone and I felt comfortable dealing with them. The purchase order receipt had Velose motorsports listed as the seller so I think it's safe to assume they are part of the same conglomerate.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #23

its power ride outlet coming today on truck

Old 09-03-2020, 04:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Pretty sure that is a taotao corporate office address. Veloz,killermotorsports, superiorpowersports, and a few others all lead to that address. I think taotao bought up a bunch of old business names under the Veloz name. As far as I can tell they are the worst of the worst. There is a whole lot of people that have been waiting months for refunds, titles, parts and vehicles. Only their sales line works. I was assured they had plenty in stock when I ordered a unit. Then I was told through email that it had shipped. A week later they emailed me it was out of stock. Then they tried to upsell me to a unit that shows in stock, but I'm 100% certain they have no stock of that unit. They don't respond to emails, they don't pick up the phone. You have to trick the new sales department to talk to anyone. I would stay far away. I have no interest in taotao products at all if this is how they let "other companies" operate that distribute their product. Even if you get a refund they tell you it takes 12 days. No where else in the business world have I ever seen it take that long for a refund. I did a dispute instead of letting my money be held hostage by these scammers. If you are lucky enough to get something shipped to you good luck getting the title. I ordered from powersportsmax and have a delivery later today and so far it has been night and day difference from Veloz.
With superiorpowersports.com, I had exactly - I mean exactly - the same experience. Told it was shipped, weeks later it was out of stock, assured refund was coming - never came.

I did some digging, and the parent company, Veloz, appears to be an independent American importer that owns killermotorsports.com, superiorpowersports.com. They are registered to this address - 2201 LUNA RD STE B, CARROLLTON, TX, 75006. Here's the phone number : 9722476009, 2146353980. The director/president is JIANXING SU.

As near as I can tell, Jianxing Su is operating under a fraudulent shell corporation. He's set up https://taomotor.com/, which claims that taotaomotor.com is its "parent corporation.". Legally, this makes no sense. Taotaomotor is a huge Chinese manufacturer, not a holding company with majority shares in American companies. The crude taomotor.com web page - riddled with English mistakes - is nothing like the real taotao's slick and well-written web page : http://www.taotaomotor.com/company/

I suppose somebody should call the Texas DA as this looks like a case of massive wire fraud.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridiumblue View Post
With superiorpowersports.com, I had exactly - I mean exactly - the same experience. Told it was shipped, weeks later it was out of stock, assured refund was coming - never came.

I did some digging, and the parent company, Veloz, appears to be an independent American importer that owns killermotorsports.com, superiorpowersports.com. They are registered to this address - 2201 LUNA RD STE B, CARROLLTON, TX, 75006. Here's the phone number : 9722476009, 2146353980. The director/president is JIANXING SU.

As near as I can tell, Jianxing Su is operating under a fraudulent shell corporation. He's set up https://taomotor.com/, which claims that taotaomotor.com is its "parent corporation.". Legally, this makes no sense. Taotaomotor is a huge Chinese manufacturer, not a holding company with majority shares in American companies. The crude taomotor.com web page - riddled with English mistakes - is nothing like the real taotao's slick and well-written web page : http://www.taotaomotor.com/company/

I suppose somebody should call the Texas DA as this looks like a case of massive wire fraud.
Tao Motor is the USA branch of tao tao as far as I know. I see you noticed the veloz connection too.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:59 PM   #26

I just ordered a Magician due to the cheap price (A TBR7 is $1600 friggin' bucks now! But good kit, I really love mine.) and was searching around here to see what I bought. I picked Q9 this time and it's the same thing, almost identical web order form and subsequent email/text notifications. Will probably get the same type of lame brained FOB driver that wants to "slide it on my pickup" or just dump it in the driveway. It really seems to be a failed dealership model that creates disgruntled customers. I could elaborate but I won't (Maybe someday).

Doubt I will have much of a problem with Q9 as I didn't with TX. Yes, it will probably be scratched and a couple small things will be messed up. And guess what, I won't do anything about it and my day won't be ruined. Relax and breathe...

Now off to find out stuff about the cool Magician I just bought.

Old 05-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #27

KM is not responding to my emails or calls either. They took my money ok though.