Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #16

tweak_nc: I think I read over on the Lifan-Moto.com forum that Rabbit Scooters was in the process of relocating, which could explain why you've had trouble contacting them by telephone. It could also cause them to be slow on shipping and responding to emails. Moving doesn't excuse the fact they took your money and haven't communicated with you regarding the status of your order, but don't panic (yet). You used a credit card so you're protected in the event they skipped town with your money. That's highly unlikely though. Today is a national holiday, so they're are probably closed. Go over the Lifan-Moto.com forum, join up, and ask if anyone has a new phone number for them. That forum is sponsored by Rabbit and some of their members have access to their management.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #17

I spoke to tweak_nc and he is a nice guy, I have sent an email to Brian. I think he just bought a bike like five days ago. I understand though, when I spend money online I like at least a little communication as well.......

Brian will take care of him.

Almon

Old 02-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #18

I have sent emails and am waiting on a replies.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #19

Hi Tweak_nc,

I did speak with Brian today and he sent you a confirmation email while we were talking on the phone. I think he said your bike went last Friday or today. Anyway, just check your email and you should have all of the information you need to track it.

If you need anything else just give me a shout.

Thanks,

almon

Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #20

Thanks Almon.

The bike is coming tomorrow and they are in the middle of moving their location, phones, etc. It was good to see the responses.

It would be good if they would note their website and warn people of the current state so no other misunderstandings occur.

Tweak

Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #21

I agree, Brian told me the new phone lines will be up tomorrow and he would post them on the website again.

Sorry about the confusion and I hope you enjoy your new bike.

Thanks,

Almon

Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #22

I ordered my galata grx-200 from them and had it delivered within a week. I will admit that their communication could be better but it hasn't been bad and it didn't stop me from ordering parts from them already. (air filter, carb jet, smaller rear sprocket) Nothing is physically wrong with the bike, just a little shipping damage all cosmetic, and they have shipped out the replacement fairing rather quickly. My bike has imported by american lifan on it and the mco had lifan on it so grey market by some peoples opinions but all good by mine. Just like they say on t.v. "price sells cars". Price sold me a bike for just a little bit more then my last mountain bicycle.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #23

Hi MyKal_,

I know, my existing road bicycle I have almost 5k in if you include the zipp wheels.

I have 2k in my current LF200-III

Almon

Old 02-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #24

For a road bicycle I have a $40 wal-mart return, but I have a hard tail GT and a hard tail Trek along with my full suspension Mongoose <--- not a wal-mart one.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #25

I have a full suspension Mongoose from K-Mart (was actually my first Chinabike). I can remember as a kid when the name Mongoose was a big deal and I was dismayed for about 1 minute when I found out my Mongoose was made in China. Of course I've since made sure my kids do not eat the paint (pretty easy as they are all teenagers) on the mountain bike or the GY-5.

I cannot recommend K-Mart as a good bike dealer as they did a crappy job with preping my mountain bike and it was on two flat tires as I rolled it out of the store amidst the stares of innocent bystanders.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #26

Yeah I wish they would use different names for the walmart and the real mongoose's, mine cost 3x what the most expensive walmart bike sells for and that was cheap. But for most light duty, light riding they work fine. But for some of the stuff I try to do on mine...... 8O

Old 02-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #27

yeah i know. i wore out the crank in less than 1000 miles on mine (also lost 15 lbs hehe).

Old 02-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal_
I ordered my galata grx-200 from them and had it delivered within a week... My bike has imported by american lifan on it
Rabbit sold you a motorcycle with a sticker on it that says it was imported by one of their competitors?!?

tcs

Old 02-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #29

Awareness

Hi Jim, Its too bad I didn't see your post before I got involved with Rabbit Scooters.com.

I am proud to be a member of a forum that supports free speech by allowing the posting of this type of important information.

There is, and will continue be a growing interest in these affordable China made motor bikes and atv's. This presents opportunities for the unscrupulousness of those that seek to reap undeserved profits.

If a forum would chose to habitually delete posts of this nature, then new members to a forum would not have all the facts. A true picture of any seller they are thinking about doing business with would be altered.

"Fool me once but never twice, said the old goat"- Buyingchina

Thank you for taking time to read my post, Best regards.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal_
I ordered my galata grx-200 from them and had it delivered within a week... My bike has imported by american lifan on it
Rabbit sold you a motorcycle with a sticker on it that says it was imported by one of their competitors?!?

tcs
Hi tcs,

It seems at least these days when China Lifan sells a Direct Importer a container of Lifan motorcycles they all say 'Imported by American Lifan'. I have no idea why they are doing this but they are shipping them this way. Must be an English/Chinese translation issue 8O .