Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #16

The TMEC, as far as the ones through Excalibur, are 49 state legal (Californians need not apply). Then again, TMEC is the one who put the bikes through the certification process, so I am certain these are 49 state compliant, too, even through a mystery importer/distributor*. But, that being said, if a dealer does not give you the correct paperwork, most likely being a deal through "the mail" it causes all kinds of headaches, etc. If Pennsylvania likes its ducks in a row, perhaps that is their hint for buying from an instate dealer--it screws you, the consumer, and shouldn't, because as far as I understand, you will have to pay sales taxes and registration fees through Penn. anyway. I seem to recall people having issues through Penn (a couple other states, too) because they seemed arrogant when it came to the MSO or MCO. I have seen the EPA certification for 2013 on the EPA site for dozens of bikes, including, TMEC, and the list it is on is for bikes seeking on-road certification.

*I showed Wade Liu of Excalibur the link to this outfit, and he does not believe these guys are the source of these bikes. He told me that he knows the guy in the video personally (probably from meeting up at all the bike trade shows, including the big Indianapolis show).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to Daeouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I easily got a license plate for my 2004 Honda CRF250X in Idaho. No inspection is necessary; just fill out the paperwork and walk out of the DMV with your license plate. In Idaho I could get a license plate for my snow blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Somewhere in our past I believe I posted a pic of Spuds dual sport snowblower

Oh, and bad ratings make me run, not registration worries. The only thing that's difficult to do in Florida is get a salvage title for anything less than an arm and a leg. . .

Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
from the complaints against riders wholesale.....it seems like getting the bike you ordered is iffy but the worst thing is ,,they seem to have alot of complaints with getting people the proper paperwork to actually register the bike,,,,,thats unfortunate ,,cause i really like the orange denali alot. But in PA your paperwork has to be perfect an you must jump thru alot of hoops,,,,from what im reading their customer service is very lacking...sure you can probably google any seller an see complaints,,,but wow,, they have alot .
For only $1k more, you could try these guys in PA lol

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/4323774870.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #19

Okay, Wade of Excalibur tracked down the source of the Denali Xt 200's. There is a connection between the owner of TMEC and the Linhai distributor in the US. They ordered these, or were offered them directly by TMEC, when these guys were all at a show, but Wade was away for a few hours when the TMEC owner and Linhai were trying to get together with Wade before the Linhai guy had to leave. They never were able to meet up, so I guess TMEC sold a line to Linhai--all with knobbies and the large 'Denali' and 'XT 200' graphics.

I did ask Wade if they could get some of their bikes in with street wheels and (super duper fast) orange (because orange makes bikes go faster naturally--a scientific fact!), and I think he will with his next container.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #20

YES!!!

The TMEC looks awesome in Black, but I'm a sucker for orange. . . and street-tires look great on it!

Old 03-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeouse View Post
YES!!!

The TMEC looks awesome in Black, but I'm a sucker for orange. . . and street-tires look great on it!
Not sure if they will have orange coming through anytime soon (they are supposed to be getting another container in the next couple months), but they are willing to sell red or black bikes for about the same price as offered above, including shipping, if anyone is interested. Of course, it will come in a box, and you will have to assemble it (not completely from scratch--watch this video and this is how it will arrive, although it doesn't quite assemble itself so fast, LOL )

They offer an online owner's manual http://www.atv4usa.com/om/TMEC200OwnersManual.PDF and an online parts catalog http://www.atv4usa.com/catalogs/TMEC200-1.pdf (this has helped me tremendously on knowing what parts I need for the few repairs I have done).

The caveat is that they are not big fans of 'mail order' bikes, and would rather sell them through dealers which has tremendously reduced warranty issues. Plus, if you have a dealer nearby you (there are a few dealers throughout the US), they won't mail-order one. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I will get a set price (based on shipping) for you, and you will ultimately be ordering through them. Let me know!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #22

Excellent!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #23

Hey y'all good morning

Just joined the site to talk about these bikes a little bit. I live in Atlanta and have been looking at bikes for fun and to get around town this summer instead of my truck at 10mpg..... I have grown up riding dirt bikes but they were always Hondas. Never heard of the tmec or denalis before. Trying to do a little homework and not much was turning up but I stumbled across this thread which seems to be pretty active! What do you guys think about these bikes?

There is a dealer pretty local to here up at lake Lanier and I called them yesterday to talk about the bikes a little bit with a great girl named Gigi. I'm going to call up there again today and see if they carry parts. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.lakelanierpowersports.com...roductlist.htm

I am mechanically capable as I have been around them a good bit but wouldn't necessarily consider myself "inclined" I would have to imagine that the dealer would do warranty work but I'm hoping after that time expires I would not be stuck with a constant project.

I guess what I'm really after is to see what y'all think about these bikes and how they will hold up cosmetically in the elements and mechanically with moderate use on/off road

Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #24

Most of how they hold up is due to the prep work done. The bike will handle roads with a 50mph speed and less easily. Leaving it out in the weather will cause most of the bolt heads to rust and the panels to fade quickly.

Offroad on easy trails it will do just fine. China bikes don't jump.

The dealer price is not too bad. If they have parts on hand and offer service that is a big plus.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #25

tmec

i tried the dealer in Pa (pittsburg still far away) an his best price was $2195 still to highi think an i still had to drive 400 miles to get it.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammerjammer View Post
Hey y'all good morning

Just joined the site to talk about these bikes a little bit. I live in Atlanta and have been looking at bikes for fun and to get around town this summer instead of my truck at 10mpg..... I have grown up riding dirt bikes but they were always Hondas. Never heard of the tmec or denalis before. Trying to do a little homework and not much was turning up but I stumbled across this thread which seems to be pretty active! What do you guys think about these bikes?

There is a dealer pretty local to here up at lake Lanier and I called them yesterday to talk about the bikes a little bit with a great girl named Gigi. I'm going to call up there again today and see if they carry parts. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.lakelanierpowersports.com...roductlist.htm

I am mechanically capable as I have been around them a good bit but wouldn't necessarily consider myself "inclined" I would have to imagine that the dealer would do warranty work but I'm hoping after that time expires I would not be stuck with a constant project.

I guess what I'm really after is to see what y'all think about these bikes and how they will hold up cosmetically in the elements and mechanically with moderate use on/off road
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

Kato has given you excellent advice on all points.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
i tried the dealer in Pa (pittsburg still far away) an his best price was $2195 still to highi think an i still had to drive 400 miles to get it.
Some of these Chinabike dealers are greedy. You can buy a very nice, used, Japanese bike for that kind of money, and you won't need to drive 400 miles to get it, either.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #28

Wade Liu is the owner of Excalibur Motorsports www.atv4usa.com who were the only distributors of the TMEC 200, until, as I pointed out, TMEC sold some to Linhai, and they have Denali and XT 200 graphics.

He and I talk every so often, and he has always had parts for my bike. My bike has 10,000 or so miles, and I commute on it daily approx. 32 miles round trip. Several miles are at 55 to 60 mph, topped out (I had a custom 40t rear sprocket, but it ended up giving me more problems than it was worth--I could cruise at 60-65 at lower revs--it started eating up chains in the middle of rides, so had to go back to the stock 56 t (the front is 17t).

Mr. Liu is not a huge fan of mail-ordering his bikes, although he does allow mefastmotors to mail order. He said that prepping the bikes is often not done correctly, and he has to take calls from mefast customers asking for 'warranty' items. He related the story of a college student who had the bike in the bed of a friend's pickup, and the seat blew off on the highway without them realizing it. The kid had put it together and did not put on the two side bolts on the seat!

He made a good point on these bikes; they are not meant to be daily commuters like what I do on mine, but rather weekend toys. However, he kind of 'sponsors' me with discounted parts because he, like me, wants to see how many miles one of these can go, and my bike is the default Guinea pig since it is all I have to commute to work and back (I ride it through our brutal summers which hover at 110 to 115 degrees Faranheit for my afternoon ride home)

If I were you Rammerjammer, I would go to Lanier and see them in person. I know that Excalbur has all the parts for these bikes, if no one else has them. I could see what deal I could get you on a bike through them if you would like me to. My guess is probably $1500/shipped like in the video, but then you have to put it together and do the paperwork and pay the taxes and fees. It is definitely 49 state legal DOT and EPA, but many states seem to take the ignorant route when it comes to mail-order bikes, not through a dealer (like Tesla, I guess). So Lanier might be your best bet since they are asking $1600 plus tax and paperwork as a dealer, which means only $100 for assembly and prep. Like I said, Excalibur has parts if Lanier's distributor, Linhai, does not. But go to Lanier is my suggestion to you, to see if these are even for you.

The gas tank is steel, btw, and is 3.1 gallons, not 1.3 as stated. And the Denalis are 2013 models, not 2014, since they are still mfg'd according to the 2013 EPA certificate, just like the bikes sold through Excalibur.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #29

FYI, having a dealer to help tag in GA is a big plus. I speak from experience.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #30

I agree with Culcune and Kato. I suggest you visit the local dealer, and take the TMEC 200 for a ride. If you decide you wish to purchase a TMEC 200, I suggest you buy it from the local dealer. Many members of these forums are looking for local dealers, and can't find them; you are lucky in this regard.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220