Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
ATV Discounter Scam thread + Fraudulent title thread

So I finally get my bike today after 2 weeks. I was pretty excited that was until I open the box and find out it looks a bit different then what I ordered. The side plastics on the gas tank are a different design, the seat is different, the rear side panels are different,different front headlight design exc. There is battery acid leaking everywhere all over the parts. They sent me this lame baby blue (the picture makes it look nicer then it is) 05/06 Model instead of my navy blue 2008... I don't know if they thought I was mentally challenged and could not tell the difference or what so I call them up smokin from the ears of course they go to "connect" me to the shipping dept. and I get hung up on. I call back at least 6 times before I call a different one of their numbers and finally get to talk to someone. First she tells me I must be mistaken because it is the correct one then she finally believes me when I refuse to back down but tells me to send her pictures and then call back Monday because the manager left for the weekend.. I do some investigating and realize that apparently im not the first to have this type of problem with them and their 20 negative feedback strikes reflect it from the past 6 months. I just hope they send me out the correct bike and pick this one up without making me wait another month 8O I don't even know if they will take care of me on Monday if not I need to consider other options.

This is the link to the bike I bought and this is what I got.. You can see on the tag it was made 04/2006. You can also see some of what the battery acid did in the box in the last pic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #2

NOT A GOOD START. :roll:

:arrow: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=3542
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 03-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #3

thats shittty.

looks like even the chain wasnt put on right

Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #4

Is that a gy2?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #5

And the sticker doesn't seem to make it street legal either. Says OFF-HIGHWAY twice. Did they tell you it was?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Gimpdiggity
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMoose
And the sticker doesn't seem to make it street legal either. Says OFF-HIGHWAY twice. Did they tell you it was?
When I look at the site he bought it from, they say it's street legal in "most states."

I think what that means is that the bike itself meets all of the DOT and EPA standards...but it's TECHNICALLY an off road bike. However, the fact that it has brake lights, turn signals, headlights, blah blah blah allow it to be street legal most places.

Like for example...here in Michigan, you can take quite a few legal dirtbikes (that don't normally get driven on the street) and make them street legal by adding the requisite lights and such.

I'm ASSUMING that's what that sticker is all about...but yah, I noticed that too.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #7

Like I mentioned in this thread : http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...asc&highlight=

It is not always what you buy is what you get...

Hopefully you can get it straightened out though

Old 03-29-2008, 01:18 AM   #8

Man. I'd be pissed! :evil: Isn't it legal to shoot someone in Texas for sending you the wrong bike?!?! :twisted:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-29-2008, 01:25 AM   #9

That totally sucks...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:07 AM   #10

Yep, they pulled a fast one.

Forget about all that trivial side panel, tank, seat and headlight stuff and the baby blue color :lol: because from what I see you ordered a bike that has a counter balanced engine and got an older non-counter balanced model that they are most likely trying to get rid of.

The leaking battery acid is a big problem for you to be able to assemble it safely or to ship it back safely.Plus what has gottten damaged by the leaking acid?
(of course we all know that regular old BAKING soda will neutralize that battery acid dont we)

Maybe you can get them to just refund $400-600 bucks or so and call it even since they are going to be out a lot more than that by the time they get it all straight with shipping the right bike and paying for the acid spill cleanup in your garage.
Of course then you'd be stuck with that baby blue bike.

call the shipping company and have them check that trailer for leaking acid and let them bark at ATVdiscounters for awhile for moving unsafe cargo.

Looking in the background of the pictures on their auction I wonder if ALL those quads are inventory or in for service/warranty work. :lol:

Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Gimpdiggity
I find this situation oddly deceitful.

If you look closely at the auction pages, it shows the pictures of the newer Lifan bikes...however, if you click the links to "see pictures" it shows pictures of EXACTLY the bike that was shipped to Porterz.

Seems like bait and switch to me...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:36 AM   #12

Well I feel that porterz has the upper hand in many ways and will win this dispute very easily to his satisfaction.

How did you pay? credit card? dispute it and let the credit card company chew on them a bit.

I wonder if EBAY would step in and help (I doubt it) but I thought they had some vehicle purchase protection crap.
http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/pur...ion/index.html

Old 03-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #13

I will see what they say monday. I just want the bike I ordered.. I do not want this one even if I get money back. I am worried that if they do take it back they will just say to ship the old one back first and wait for the other one to come in stock and they will then have my money (credit card) and a tracking number where they "sent" me the bike to give to the credit card company so I cannot make a claim. I would only feel comfortable if when they droped off the correct bike they picked up this one at the same time. Oh yea.. and I would not let the driver leave untill I check the box lol I would be fine with that but it would be nice if they did something to make up for the waiting and the trouble like extra parts or something but judging by their feedback they "Have no business ethics" lol

I was pretty upset when I first opened the box I almost kicked the bike but I held myself back

- Eric

PS: I found out it originated from "American Lifan Industry, Inc 10990 Petal St, Suite 500 Dallas, TX75238. That's what the stickers said on the parts bags and owners manual.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #14

That sucks!!
I'm hear in texas if you need a help hanging someone.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by srreynolds2003
That sucks!!
I'm hear in texas if you need a help hanging someone.
Awesome.. Can you call the Texas rangers for me? Get in touch with Tervette or Walker. If they are busy call CD!