Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
I say hit them fast, hard and often until you win.
X2!

I agree with filing a complaint tith your credit card company. Phone them up and tell them exactly what's going on. You didn't get the bike you ordered at all, wrong year and wrong model. Usually the card companies are really good about stopping payments on something like this (drop the FRAUD word, for that's what it is!).

Stop payment on the card, tell ATVDiscounters that they need to arrange a pickup if they want the bike back and that you WILL NOT pay any form of shipping. What they did really is illegal, let them know that you know it is. Don't back down at all, you should be able to contact your local district attorney's office for more info on what recourse is available to you (make sure that ATVDiscounters know that you're contacting the DA, if the bike was shipped across state lines you might want to look into any federal laws that have been broken as well. You can undo what's been done, but you can make ATVDiscounter's regret trying to screw you!

Old 03-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #32

As I have said before , I bought from these guys. But I walked in and said "Ill take that one". I did a lot of talking with "AMERICAN LIFAN" before my purchase. They told me that these bikes did come from them. Kinda blows the Network, Authorized dealer thing out of the water. But I can tell you for sure that there is no 2008 bikes in thier inventory. 06 07 only. And as far as thier warranty .... take it with you in the morning when you go to the restroom. I had the parts guy backed into a corner trying to get a lens cover. If you need someone local to help deal with the corporate office let me know. BTW that number is 817-717-7018 and 817 717 7012 in fact 7001-7019 will get you different people with the company.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
As I have said before , I bought from these guys. But I walked in and said "Ill take that one". I did a lot of talking with "AMERICAN LIFAN" before my purchase. They told me that these bikes did come from them. Kinda blows the Network, Authorized dealer thing out of the water. But I can tell you for sure that there is no 2008 bikes in thier inventory. 06 07 only. And as far as thier warranty .... take it with you in the morning when you go to the restroom. I had the parts guy backed into a corner trying to get a lens cover. If you need someone local to help deal with the corporate office let me know. BTW that number is 817-717-7018 and 817 717 7012 in fact 7001-7019 will get you different people with the company.
oh my.. they don't even have 2008 bikes in stock and they are claiming to sell them... 8O thanks.. Is the 2007 the same style and bike as the 2008?

Wait.. If they don't have any 08 bikes how did they take the picture of it in front of their store?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
Take this for what it's worth, Porterz...

...but I sent an e-mail yesterday to the guy at MotoXtreme (because I'm still not 100% sure if I want the Hi-Bird or the Lifan) and asked him if he was selling only American Lifan bikes. He told me that ALL of the bikes that are actually American Lifan bikes come with the sprockets setup for highway driving. He said taht I may be getting confused and that some of the Lifan bikes from China will have the 56t rear sprockets.

I also found out by researching that American Lifan is pretty strict with who can and can't ship their products. MotoXtreme is one of the FEW dealers I've found that is actually allowed to drop ship American Lifan bikes.

I think that you got screwed, bro. I think you got a bike that is a Lifan, but not an American Lifan. I don't think that makes a very big deal, but it's a crappy thing to not get what you're paying for.

And trust me...since you used your credit card instead of PayPal you are in good hands. Call your credit card company and tell them you got shafted. They WILL get you your money back.

Also, in a really crappy way, thanks for posting about this. I was thinking about purchasing the Lifan from ATVDiscounters because they were cheaper than MotoXtreme...but after reading this, I will now be getting my Lifan from MotoX or the Hi-Bird from VBikes.
American Lifan used to sell GY2's but they don't any more as far as I know, they've moved to the gy5. As far as I know the 2's always had different sprocket setup then the 5's...

I really don't think this sale of the bike or getting screwed by the dealer really has any relation to A.L..

Apparently A.L. is owned by Chongqing Lifan, and really I believe this is the only reason the bike says anything about it, import export rules or something... But this all has to do with ATV Discounters and NOT A.L..

Like mr Hyak has said, I don't think there really is a specific model year, you look mainly at the manufacturing date, the differences all come as per importers specs...

Technically the ebay ad says you get the NON balanced motor, however it has it pictured, you should check out what ebay's policies are on this. The ad also says you get a GY5, this is where they really screwed you, they sent you a GY2 instead. The leaky acid is an accident, the wrong model is them screwing you... Either way I'm not sure you will end up with a balanced engine, but definetly check what ebay's policies are for posting images of the WRONG product... The pictures are of the right model bike, wrong model engine, they sent you the wrong model bike, with the right model engine.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #35

Call A.L. They will tell you that ATV Discounters got the bikes from them. Best I can tell the bike pictured I can tell its an 08. I didnt say they never had them. I said they dont have them now. I called every store and thier internet department... none!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #36

I did a better bussiness beuro search. They have 31 claims filed against them.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #37

That bites that you did not get what you expected. I told you that I looked at that place before I bought a HiBird. All they had then was 1 gy2 at the Ft worth store. I looked at the Watauga store and they did not have any 200's. The Stemmons Frwy store did have a GY5 But the salesman insisted that it was a dirt bike and illegal on the street.
I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction but have a feeling it wont be.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #38

You could ask them to ship you a set of body panels with a better color and the correct sprocket and a new parts box and contents. Hang the neg feedback over them and do the hold on the CC if necessary.

At least that way you'll have something to ride without waiting another month and shipping hassles.

I thought A.L. doesn't allow internet sales anyway???

Old 03-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #39

The bike most likely was old-stock that AL dumped to that importer
company when they switched to GY-5 (just a hunch).
It looks to be exactly like the GY-2 that Hoopers sells.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 03-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #40

File a claim with you Credit Card company. They will act faster if they don't have the money.

Do it now. You only have 60 days from the sale date.

Tell them to come and get that bike and buy one from someone reputable.

If they don't come and get it sell me the rear caliper and the sidepanels.

Allen

Old 03-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #41

So sorry to here you got screwed!! Thats what I was trying to get across about ATV Discouters on Ebay,& their own website.Pics of 2 different bikes,which one do you receive??The one no one wants,and the "dealer" knows it!!Hopefully they will make it right!!Good luck!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #42

Send a message via Yahoo to panamarandy
brother, I know how you feel, I bought my bike a 2007 for over 2 grand, and it sits in the shed not running...

Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #43

I was checking the feedback for ATV Discounter and there are MANY
unhappy customers. All of which ATV Discounter comes up with retaliation
remarks in the feedback.

I was wondering about the battery. Was the acid leaking out of the battery,
or the fluid container you pour into the battery?? Sorry to hear about your
hassle, but if you paid with a credit card I'd think about doing what was
mentioned earlier and try to cancel payment if you can. At least this would
force ATV-D to respond to your complaints. I
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #44

atvdiscounters

portz dude, sad to see the acid bottle broke. Do not keep the bike, seen this before on a car, the fumes from the acid will speed up the degradation of the rubber parts on the bike. Hard to tell which ones and how soon. Best send it back no matter how much of a discount they offer you. I ordered the same bike from them and recieved the exact pictured bike, a red one. LF200-GY5, It was manufactured in 6/07 guess that makes it an 08. I think american Lifan drop shipped the wrong Bike. They should pay the shipping, they can call for a pickup. Most bike manufactures start there productions year changes about this time, but there is no fixed change over date due to dealer order demand. I will tell you this, atvdicounter states that it has disc on both front and rear, but in the pics it has drum on the back. Mine has drum. I'm guessing at this but maybe the disc on the rear is to start with model year 09 which starts in june of 08. Judging from your manufacture date you have a 2005 model year, 06/04 to 06/05. Just pack it up, tell them to come and get it. Meanwhile, stop your credit card charge, tell atvdiscounter that you will buy another bike after this one gets piked up. Drop shipping is very common here in the United States, I doubt atvdicounters ever saw what bike was shipped. When I called them for my title papers, they had to ask me for the vin number! Yup, drop shipping, best thing since the ole' Sears and Roebuck catalog. Keep us all updated, I noticed that rightwayatv no longer carries dirt bikes. Wonder what's up with that?

Old 03-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #45

atvdiscounters

portz dude, sad to see the acid bottle broke. Do not keep the bike, seen this before on a car, the fumes from the acid will speed up the degradation of the rubber parts on the bike. Hard to tell which ones and how soon. Best send it back no matter how much of a discount they offer you. I ordered the same bike from them and recieved the exact pictured bike, a red one. LF200-GY5, It was manufactured in 6/07 guess that makes it an 08. I think american Lifan drop shipped the wrong Bike. They should pay the shipping, they can call for a pickup. Most bike manufactures start there productions year changes about this time, but there is no fixed change over date due to dealer order demand. I will tell you this, atvdicounter states that it has disc on both front and rear, but in the pics it has drum on the back. Mine has drum. I'm guessing at this but maybe the disc on the rear is to start with model year 09 which starts in june of 08. Judging from your manufacture date you have a 2005 model year, 06/04 to 06/05. Just pack it up, tell them to come and get it. Meanwhile, stop your credit card charge, tell atvdiscounter that you will buy another bike after this one gets piked up. Drop shipping is very common here in the United States, I doubt atvdicounters ever saw what bike was shipped. When I called them for my title papers, they had to ask me for the vin number! Yup, drop shipping, best thing since the ole' Sears and Roebuck catalog. Keep us all updated, I noticed that rightwayatv no longer carries dirt bikes. Wonder what's up with that?