Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
The bike was damaged when he got it though...
He never said the bike was damaged. He said acid leaked out of the plastic
bottle. If it was damaged, document that too..... Just CYA.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #17

Right, sorry I meant, there was some damage or issues when he got it, I was referring to the battery

Old 04-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #18

I know when my bike arrived the driver made me sign after looking the bike over...I know kind of hard when you have to open box and uncrate etc... but as far as I know that signature can relieve them of possible wrong doing....Im pretty sure the shipping company signs when they pick-up off the dealer, holding themselves responsible for shipping damages...until the bike arrives to the owner, thats what insurance is about, electrolyte is packed pretty good on these bikes by the OEM and dealers, what happened to Portz bike was most likely from shipping, but I dont think they intentionally smashed the battery acid all over to add any insult to injury, maybe ask to put in a shipping damage claim??
Its a shame shi7 like this happens!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #19

Well what ever the case I know that they watch this site and now they know that he has abused it by riding it at 10,000 rmp when new. There went any warranty ... Not smart.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
Well what ever the case I know that they watch this site and now they know that he has abused it by riding it at 10,000 rmp when new. There went any warranty ... Not smart.
what are you talking about?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #21

It looked like Porterz had ATV Discount by the balls for awhile, but now hes just ruining the bike he has on purpose out of anger by the looks of it.....although he should be patted on the back for bringing this issue up....hopefully ATV learned the difference between the GY-2 and the GY-5, or that they have decided not to pull any more fast ones......
but they should be given the thumbs up too for owning up to the mistake and offering a refund, which yeah after Porterz riding it......I wouldnt blame them for not honouring that anymore!!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #22

Im talking about his post 10000rmp and 58mph. The post that gives evidence that the bike has not been broken in properly, therefore voiding all warrenty. I hope he grows to like that bike cause hes stuck with it now.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
Im talking about his post 10000rmp and 58mph. The post that gives evidence that the bike has not been broken in properly, therefore voiding all warrenty. I hope he grows to like that bike cause hes stuck with it now.

Where do you see this post??? I don't think he has even uncrated it.......

Old 04-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #24

Oh I see, I hadn't seen that one...

There is a topic in general

I guess he's decided to keep it...

Old 04-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #25

I read the forum the day it was listed, I knew at that point where it was going. As a business owner, I am aware of how a person should act, and will act concerning a problem. Anytime a customer gets impatient or angry, the desire to fix the problem goes out the door.

I am not defending the ATVDiscounter, but the buyer needed to be patient from the begining. There are easy ways to fix it, and none of them where proceeded with. The credit card company, the county attorney, as well as the chamber of commerce.

Now that he has ridden it, he owns it. Let alone at 10k..

Old 04-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-mustang
I read the forum the day it was listed, I knew at that point where it was going. As a business owner, I am aware of how a person should act, and will act concerning a problem. Anytime a customer gets impatient or angry, the desire to fix the problem goes out the door.

I am not defending the ATVDiscounter, but the buyer needed to be patient from the begining. There are easy ways to fix it, and none of them where proceeded with. The credit card company, the county attorney, as well as the chamber of commerce.

Now that he has ridden it, he owns it. Let alone at 10k..
He attempted to call them to correct it immediately after recieving the bike and no response for days. Then after he phone the CC company suddenly a response was made.

I say he gave them a chance to correct it first, but they blew him off.

Assembling the bike and riding it makes it his bike now though. He should have sent it back when they came to get it.

Allen

Old 04-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Assembling the bike and riding it makes it his bike now though. He should have sent it back when they came to get it.

Allen
The sad thing is, this does nothing to discourage the dealer in question from doing this very same thing to the next customer.

As I said at the start, they are banking on the customer giving up and accepting what they send. They won. :(

I believe I would have sent it back (at my own expense if needed) and documented the return for the CC company.

It sucks to lose money on a bad deal....but it sucks worse to let those guys off the hook, IMO.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #28

I would not have bought from them in the first place. Too many bad comments. Not worth the cost savings.

There are proper steps to follow for returning an item like that.

Allen

Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Let me clear this up one and for all... I only assembled the bike after I had reason to believe they would pick up the bike and not refund the money. I tried contacting them for 2 weeks of phone calls, emails exc and they finally responded when I filed the complaints with ebay and my cc company. I have good reason to believe they would have picked up the bike and then ignored me again without a refund. I talked to another guy who bought a bike from them and he sent it back and its been over a month and he is still without a refund and they refuse to respond anymore!!!

YOU WOULD NOT SEND YOUR BIKE BACK IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE NOT GUARANTEED YOUR MONEY BACK. KEEPING A BIKE I DID NOT REALLY WANT IS BETTER THEN NO BIKE AND NO MONEY.

I AM ALREADY HAVING ENOUGH TROUBLE GETTING MY BILL OF SALE AND TITLE FROM THEM, THEY HAVE NOT SENT IT YET AND THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME DIRT BIKES DON'T COME WITH TITLES. THEY ALSO TOLD ME THE GY2 WAS WORTH MORE MONEY AND I SHOULD BE GIVING THEM MONEY BACK FOR THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY SO DON'T SPECULATE LIKE YOU DO.

All I want now is the title and bill of sale that they say don't exist, thats more important to me right now as im using it for a d/d now that the weather is nice and need to register it.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #30

I will say this and I will not post any more about it.Youhad them where you needed to but you didn't take advantage of it.If you would have let them take the bike you would have had a copy of the bill of laiden wich prooved you sent the bike back.Then all you had to do was to file a dispute with the credit card company.You would have gotten all your money back by now it takes less then two weeks.
Plenty of people gave you that advice.You opted not to do that for what ever reason now your in a bigger pickle.They have you by the B_lls .

Closed Thread