Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2020, 12:02 PM   #1

Shipping Updates??

Well it is the middle of July. Anyone have any updates on out of stock bikes like the Hellcat and etc? I heard bikes coming are going to be rationed out to the dealers. Might not be good news if they have a lot of pre-orders on their books.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #2

I don't trust anything any of these dealers say, when it comes to inventory becoming available. I really feel like they're just making stuff up to appease us. For example, the last couple times I called my dealer, I was told there were containers waiting for customs inspection and it was taking longer than usual because of Covid.. Didn't want to get in any kind of argument, so I let it go.. I wonder what they'll tell me if I ask them what the hold up is now?

BTW, in the auto world, dealers are always given an allotment of cars based on model, so with autos, they're already being rationed. In these Chinese powersports world, it seems the old way was for the dealers to just place an ordered to have stuff drop shipped... If that's the case, I wonder how rationing would work? Is it a case of 1st in, 1st out, or will each dealer, irregardless of how many pre-orders they may have be given an allotment? If it's an allotment, there are going to be some really PO'd people.. I can see it now, Company ! took 30 pre-orders but their allotment is 15.. Now those 15 that didn't make it are going to have to go hunting for another dealer, or wait even longer..

Makes me think an allotment type of deal won't work and the distributors are going to have to just do a 1st in 1st out as they've always done.. assuming that's what was happening in the past.

Oh.. as for inventory.. Tao Canada has a bunch of eletric motor vehicles headed to them.. Outside of that, all I've been seeing coming in are helmets..

Date
2020-07-13
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co. Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Consignee Address
170 BARTOR RD NORTH YORK ON M9M 2W6 CANADA TEFAX1
Notify Party Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Notify Party Address
170 BARTOR ROAD NORTH YORK ON, M9M2W6 CANADA, TEL 1-416-748-6686 FAX, TE1-416-749-6686
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
13,586.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Commodity
WITH ELECTRIC MOTOR FOR PROPULSION (MOTORCYCL POWER ASSISTED SCOOTER
Container
TCNU3052169
Marks Description
/ /
Carrier Name
YANG MING MARINE TRANSPORT CORP
Vessel Name
NYK THEMIS
Voyage Number
067E
Bill of Lading Number
YMLUW232388745
Lloyd's Code
HTS Codes
HTS 8711.90

Old 07-15-2020, 02:28 PM   #3

The allotment thing is what I am worried about. You're right. If they ended up over selling pre-order units this forum will be on fire.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #4

I see one dealer's website states that Tao is not releasing any info to dealers. They now have a click to cancel your pre-order button on their website. These dealers have already been paid for bikes and have a lot of peoples money.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #5

The lack of information is what caused me to go ahead and cancel my or order with Q9 after they confirmed that they wouldn't have my order by July 10th. They refunded my money within a few days so I'll just wait till things become available or I find something else to put the money towards.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #6

Q9 told me containers are arriving every week, they're fufilling pre-orders first, and if those wipe out the incoming inventory, then the website will remain out of stock and they won't be alotting to any other smaller dealers that they say they distribute to.

They say pre-orders from May, June and July should be fulfilled (they hope) by end of August.

We'll see.

I'm not cancelling my order unless another dealer absolutely for sure has one in stock, ready to ship to me.. in which case, I'm going to be on the phone with them placing the order and getting some sort of verbal guarantee they are shipping a bike immediately.

If I cancel now, it just puts me to the back of a very very VERY long line.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #7

Kinda in the same spot... I wish they had some sort of number in the queue they could update online... Tao is crazy not to flood the market, especially if they release another Covid check...

Old 07-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #8

I am going to need everyone who has pre-ordered a Hellcat to go ahead and cancel their order at this time...except me. "That would be great".

Last edited by dgl57; 07-21-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
Q9 told me containers are arriving every week, they're fufilling pre-orders first, and if those wipe out the incoming inventory, then the website will remain out of stock and they won't be alotting to any other smaller dealers that they say they distribute to.

They say pre-orders from May, June and July should be fulfilled (they hope) by end of August.

We'll see.

I'm not cancelling my order unless another dealer absolutely for sure has one in stock, ready to ship to me.. in which case, I'm going to be on the phone with them placing the order and getting some sort of verbal guarantee they are shipping a bike immediately.

If I cancel now, it just puts me to the back of a very very VERY long line.
They told me almost the same thing, and I don't feel they're being truthful.

If they were getting containers weekly, I highly doubt not a single person here with a pre-order still wouldn't have gotten fufillment.

Let's see.. you can get about 20 motorcycles into one container.. If you stack, you get get another 20 in. That's around 40 bikes per shipment they could get. If they're getting weekly inventory, based on shipping containers, there's no way they've pre-sold that many, where we're still waiting. I'm waiting on an ATV order from May 6th.

As for the wait.. They told me again, it should happen by the end of July, but could take till the end of Aug..... Bottom line, IMHO, they have no idea and just spitting out time frames. Only difference now is that they're not saying 2 week..

Old 07-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
They told me almost the same thing, and I don't feel they're being truthful.

If they were getting containers weekly, I highly doubt not a single person here with a pre-order still wouldn't have gotten fufillment.

Let's see.. you can get about 20 motorcycles into one container.. If you stack, you get get another 20 in. That's around 40 bikes per shipment they could get. If they're getting weekly inventory, based on shipping containers, there's no way they've pre-sold that many, where we're still waiting. I'm waiting on an ATV order from May 6th.

As for the wait.. They told me again, it should happen by the end of July, but could take till the end of Aug..... Bottom line, IMHO, they have no idea and just spitting out time frames. Only difference now is that they're not saying 2 week..
Yep.. I agree, it doesn't add up.

Sadly, no one else has anything in stock either and it's really out of our hands except to cancel and get refunds... which doesn't really accomplish putting bikes and atv's in our garages.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #11

For people on the hellcat wait list Kronikracing has boom lil dukes and gen 2 vaders inbound within a couple weeks. His 3rd recent shipment.

I think tao got converted to making mask by the ccp or something. Apollo and boom have been getting stock into the country this whole time.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #12

The whole thing just seems strange. I agree, nobody anywhere has received their bike?? Or they have and just not posted about it here or anywhere else online??

Maybe they did get converted to virus stuff production but you would think that would have been communicated to dealers to pass on to customers who have paid. We hear nothing. Instead, dealers continue to take folks money for pre-orders. Orders they seem to have no idea when or even if they can fulfill. I do not think it is legal to continue takings orders if this is the case.

I think many folks may end up getting an email saying "We're sorry but do to current events we are not going to be able to fulfill your order. Please contact us for a refund and thank you for the temporary loan."

We shall see. I do know the day after I cancel they will start shipping.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
For people on the hellcat wait list Kronikracing has boom lil dukes and gen 2 vaders inbound within a couple weeks. His 3rd recent shipment.

I think tao got converted to making mask by the ccp or something. Apollo and boom have been getting stock into the country this whole time.

I feel like Tao got converted to helmets. Most everything they've been shipping out has been helmets. A few days ago, I saw a shipment going to Dallas Powersports... Before that I saw electric vehicles going to Tao Canada, and helmets.

It's like 90% of Tao shipments are helmets. Some parts, some vehicles, but for the US, its helmets.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #14

I read that helmets have proven to be 100% effective when worn in a crash involving imaginary motorcycle and/or ATV vehicles.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I read that helmets have proven to be 100% effective when worn in a crash involving imaginary motorcycle and/or ATV vehicles.
That's the only way you would catch me relying on a china dot helmet.