Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #16

My thoughts keep going back to "shady online seller" threads and how you were stupid to think an online seller could provide better service than the brick and mortar stores...American Lifan is the biggest b&m network in the States :roll: and my sketchy online guy still sells parts, $hitty website and all :wink:
GO GRAY MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

SHH it is so quiet you can hear a rice bowl shatter.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #17

If American Lifan is out of stock, how has the local AL dealer near my house been getting new bikes in this past month? He has all the common street legal bikes from the GY-5, Street bike and Honda Trail 70 clone and even some scooters....??

This guy leaves his AL bikes out in the rain all day, for weeks in his car lot. So not only does he charge $2,200 for a GY5 but they are all pre-weathered for the new owner.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
If American Lifan is out of stock, how has the local AL dealer near my house been getting new bikes in this past month?..
If he's getting new Lifan's he's not getting them from American Lifan in Dallas. AL is completely out of bikes and spare parts, and probably won't have anything available for some time to come at best.

Quote:
..not only does he charge $2,200 for a GY5 but they are all pre-weathered for the new owner.
He knows the likes and dislikes of his customers!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #19

That quake they just had AGAIN isnt going to help either.(like saturday)

Old 09-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #20

Not sure exactly what it means, but for whatever it's worth the American Lifan web site at http://www.americanlifan.com/ is back up again. Could be good news for AL dealers and customers, but time alone will tell..

Old 09-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4Taco
Not sure exactly what it means, but for whatever it's worth the American Lifan web site at http://www.americanlifan.com/ is back up again. Could be good news for AL dealers and customers, but time alone will tell..
They must have jumped through some hoops to get back on a holiday!..Glad to hear that they are back.

What's with their NEW! customer forum?

Thanks,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertamer
They must have jumped through some hoops to get back on a holiday!..Glad to hear that they are back.
No hoop jumping for AL they just broke a few rice bowls and threatened to break more if it wasnt back up ASAP.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
hopefully this fixes the signature, sorry ironfist i didnt click enough. :oops:
i dont rely on chinese motorcycles to eat, truth is i am a car shop that added on motorcycles,atvs, and scooters because i like them and they are fun im still working on them making a profit
Phil this is the first time I've been able to respond, I'm sorry, I've been spending most of my time sweeping up the forum.

Thank-you sir, your signature looks great. You get a +1 kharma score.

I'm very concerned with your situation and how what's happening in the industry is affecting the whole china bike sport. No matter what happens, please keep us updated with what you know. Thanks again for updating your signature so quickly.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #24

so far the answer is :
And Mr. Hall..... It looks like your franchise is up for renewal and you have not ordered vehicles in more than 8 months. We send you at least 2 customers a week.... whose products are they really buying? In the morning I will be sending you a new franchise contract outlining your new territory.

my response was more than irate i may post it but i want to see what happens
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4Taco
If he's getting new Lifan's he's not getting them from American Lifan in Dallas. AL is completely out of bikes and spare parts, and probably won't have anything available for some time to come at best.
His bikes are American Lifan and they were delivered to his dealership in mid July through mid August. AL is the only Lifan dealer that offers the orange GY-5 bikes (which is what I see) and he has a big "Genuine American Lifan Dealer" banner outside his car lot shack.

http://www.davesdealsonwheels.com/Sc...torcycles.html
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #26

Just to follow up with this issue...

Mr. Phillip Hall did not but a VIN number on his initial parts order from. When he attempted to correct his issue is was ordering a part for a 50cc scooter but put a VIN# for a 150T-6 model.

He was told to use "VIN from another bike" because he would have recieved the wrong part otherwise.

Mr. Hall is one of the only dealer that finds it difficult to write down a few numbers on a parts order form... Who knows... maybe this is why his parts did not come through?

Thanks,

Shawn

Old 09-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #27

hey, thats a new story i havent heard , but i still have the copies of the mso, parts order, and the bill of sale one thing is sure the truth will stand when the worlds on fire.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #28

i forgot to mention that they have yanked me as a dealer, good warranty policy

Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #29

Phil... Our Franchise agreements are to be renewed once a year... When was the last time you renewed? This is not a Warranty policy.

You can still get the parts you need for your vehicles, just fill the part order forms out correctly and they will be sent out to you.

Thanks,

Shawn

Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
hey, thats a new story i havent heard , but i still have the copies of the mso, parts order, and the bill of sale one thing is sure the truth will stand when the worlds on fire.
Mr. Phil:

No chance you'd be willing to post the MSO and Parts Order, maybe with the last 6 digits of the serial number missing, or something like? My curiosity is running wild here...

I wonder is CoasttoCoast (The Official Canadian Lifan distributor!) would be willing to ship Lifan stuff South of the border?

--Vince

Closed Thread