Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #16

I doubt it, by phone they passed me around and then just Stated they were just a distributor and can't make the dealer do anything and I needed to go after the dealer.

I just don't have any faith in them to try and help me out. Why should they? They already got their Money for the bike..

Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #17

If you paid by credit card you can dispute the charge.

Last year i bought a Reconditioned Lenovo laptop from a major on line retailer. It was advertised with a 90 warranty from IBM. When it arrived there was a paper in the box that there was no warranty. The wireless card did not work, i contacted the retailer and was told i could not return it and it must go to IBM for repair. I contacted IBM and they confirmed there was no warranty. Contacted the retailer a couple more times trying just to get them to cover the cost of a new wireless card, they kept saying IBM would warranty it. I disputed the charge on my credit card, sent in a statement from IBM and the retailer web page to the credit card company. They decided in my favor and refunded the entire amount. The retailer still did not want the computer back. $25 fix and I'm still using it. I still feel guilt when i tell the story.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #18

I paid Cash for the bike so I cannot dispute anything on that end.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #19

Banned from A.L. site .....thats to funny

I say a big "WHO CARES" I myself imposed a self ban on their site just to do a preemptive strike on what would surely have been done anyway.

I always laugh at sites like that and realize that they are 100 percent biassed and of little more use than to see what new products are coming out.

Their site is good for picking peoples brains and using the idea's presented as R&D.

Ohh I suppose I'll miss A.L. once they are gone and that may be sooner than I think.

the real kicker is we have two greys and the sticker on the bikes say American lifan Hmmmm....... :roll:

Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
They have to be in the BBB for that to work though right?

American Lifan nor the dealer are BBB Accredited.
All they need to have is a business liscence to care about what the BBB says. Trust me you'll get results if you work with the BBB.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
Banned from A.L. site .....thats to funny

I say a big "WHO CARES" I myself imposed a self ban on their site just to do a preemptive strike on what would surely have been done anyway.

Their site is good for picking peoples brains and using the idea's presented as R&D.

Ohh I suppose I'll miss A.L. once they are gone and that may be sooner than I think.
Ha ha!! Self-imposed ban--that's a good one!!!

Yes, I agree that the picking brains as R & D is the reason for their forum.

Shineray has some real cool bikes coming sometime soon, Asiawing has those bikes that I posted, and Hi-bird has been strong, and look at what they are presenting around the corner. Galaxymoto has some very cool specialty bikes that have proven themselves in competition, and are supposed to reach our shores, and Qingqi will be here with their own name (as opposed to Qlink's dirt bikes) so pretty soon, AL will probably be nothing more than a SunL.

SunL has some interesting bikes of their own, ironically, and AL will soon be in that same category of "iffy" Chinese brands to buy, if they aren't already there already.

If this is too negative, sorry AL, but perhaps you should use these forums as how to give customer service correctly.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #22

A.L doesn't like anyone pissing in their ricebowl.

Too bad, this sounds like a fairly easy fix...by the company reissuing a propper mso that matches your bike number...
Funny, in these tough economic times, that a business wouldn't trip over their own feet to have good press and happy customers.
But then it is A.L. :roll:
I have only read a few posts on their site after being directed from Chinariders...just to keep up on the soap opera. Boy they like themselves there. Be all and end all of the Chinese Motos. :wink:
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 01-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

Ironfist-who cares if someone thinks a site is mean? They can open their own site and put their products in rose-colored splendor, which is what they did.
#2 "If this is too negative, sorry AL, but perhaps you should use these forums as how to give customer service correctly.
I was hopeful that he would hear what I said and reply like last time. I think that if Shaun put his mind to it, dsrt4 would have his bike on the road. A call from him to the dealer might be all the push that the problem needs. It's not a big deal for the dealer to hit the print button and have a happy customer. Mailing a wallet to the wrong address demonstrates that the guy shouldn't be working on vehicles anyway, but he should be able to click a mouse one last time before going out of business. :?

Old 01-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist

I was hopeful that he would hear what I said and reply like last time. I think that if Shaun put his mind to it, dsrt4 would have his bike on the road. A call from him to the dealer might be all the push that the problem needs
dsrt4 said that they already told him that it's the dealer's problem. I guess I am being too negative, and should see what Shawn will propose now that this has been discussed publicly...

Old 01-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #25

hold on before we blame the dealer you should know this, i am fairly sure that a few things are the same in my state as it is in il.
1 the dealer has to have his adress on the bill of sale or in a sale contract 2 the dealer should have found the error if it didnt match vin with the bike im still fuzzy on why the insurance company found anything
3 the dealer can not make a mso, but al can in a few minutes
wait after reading sounds like the blame is everywhere dealer & distributor
this begs the question what does al use to pick dealers since they are the "best, biggest & greatest, standing alone as the only chinese company following the laws of this country,,,,,and i dont fit their business model im not good enough to be a dealer and banned from their forum having to stay here on this mean people forum who never helps anyone :wink: i kkep waiting for shawn to jump in and say how im just bitter (and i am but im never ever going back ill quit selling first) and the dealer is a falt or dsrt4 was the problem. or some story that i cant think of yet, i just can not figure out why any self respecting dealer still wants to be involved with them and dsrt4 before you buy another bike like the z50 look elsewhere i have seen much better looking copies
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #26

Phil:
My title had the wrong vin. I went to back to Daymak, (I think they are a dealer and not a large scale importer, but I could be wrong)

They had the blank cardboard sheets and fed mine into the printer and hit a button. It was done before I finished my smoke in the parking lot. I don't know if it was legal, I still don't, but it sure didn't feel right. I didn't do anything wrong, so I took it and got my plates. I doubt everyone works this way, but that is what happened to me. :roll:

Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #27

IronFist the bottom line is they took care of you and promptly and it wasnt like it was a stolen bike it was a simple mistake and they fixed it.

Its amzing to me how some people, dealers, companies can take a simple matter and turn it into a nightmare for their customers and still expect the customer to do business with them.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #28

It's different here in Canada. We don't use MSO's for new bikes, we use a NVIS card. I guess it is sort of the same idea.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
and dsrt4 before you buy another bike like the z50 look elsewhere i have seen much better looking copies
I don't know how much they go for, but apparently Pitster Pro has, or is attempting to release, CT70-type bikes with a 125 engine; they look promising in addition to their 250 enduro and motard, but now I am thread-jacking.

Back to AL, I remember when they sold official AL GY-2 bikes as overstock to ATVdiscounters, who posted photos of GY-5's on their site, and sent the GY-2 out instead to customers (including the one guy here who got banned), and some people couldn't register the bike for the street. AL said that since those were overstock, they wouldn't consider helping, and it was between the non-AL dealer and the customer--kinda like this situation, but this dealer is supposed to be AL.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #30

I just want to clarify a few things.

I didn't leave my wallet with the Dealer, I left my DL with him when he took it to write down my info. He forgot to give it back after we loaded up the bike and I just plum forgot to grab it before I left. He Offered to Mail it and it "Appearently got lost in the Mail"
No biggy. I just want to make that clear.

Before all of this A call was made to AL to find a dealer that sold these specific bikes and AL gave me his Info. He is a AL dealer.

I have no clue as to why the insurance found out before the state. But clearly the vin is 3-4 numbers off to the title.

Also the Lady from AL read my correct VIN to me off of whatever File they have from when they shipped the Bike to my dealer.
So, they know the Bike is from them and they gave me the dealer info to begin with.

Lifan is the only company producing the Z50 replica right now. Jincheng doesn't import them anymore. And I don't want to buy used.

I like the look of the Lifan Z50 Hooper sells. I'm set on getting that style if this whole nightmare is ever behind me.

I won't be buying the lifan from a AL Dealer.... Hooper will probably get my Money.

All this grief over a little Damn bike..... :( Its really a shame too I looked forward to using this ct clone on my 7 Mile commute on surface streets this year....