Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #31

i understand what happened i also understand that there were dropping balls all over the field. hopefully the results from this will be more people learning the ways al does things and maybe with luck everyone will learn the distributor controls the reputation of the company and the owners who produce these bikes will take notice and learn that sales does not mean they make it here hopefully the result might be shawn reads this and finds in order to shut up the problem he sends you the correct mso but anyhow take a look at these if you are intrested let me know ill see if i can find them reasonable http://www.hondaminitrail.com/z50.html
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #32

Well....

Last night I finally had to get the bike out of the garage and Put it in the workshop.

Just looking at it when I pull in infuriates me...

I know that seems petty :oops:

Old 01-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #33

I once had a Honda four wheeler that had a lost MSO. I was able to register it, think i had to take a picture of the VIN number on the frame, have the local police run the VIN number and make out a statement that it wasn't stolen, have a notarized statement how it was obtained and fill out a couple forms at the DMV. This was several years ago. You may want to check with your states DMV.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #34

I have asked about that. Since the bike was already registered under a sketchy MSO the only way to correct it is with the Correct MSO.

I asked about the vin ID from say a state inspection shop but it wouldn't work in this case I was told by the state dmv..

Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #35

This is what the state said I Would have to do.

"Dennis,

You will need to get the correct MSO from the dealership. Unfortunately, if you cannot obtain a properly assigned MSO you will need to contact your local circuit court to obtain a Declaratory Judgment. The judgment will award you ownership of the unit so you may title it in your name."

That's awesome!!!! So That means More money spent for my Super special Non Grey Market American Lifan BUT NOW in court.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #36

Wow, you really do have a special bike--the court has to give you a title!!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #37

Going to court for title?
Will it be Sir Lifan? Or Lord Lifan?

Sorry to hear it's been such a battle, but if going to court gets it on the road, it's worth it. :wink:

Old 01-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #38

If I had to go to court, I think I would blow off the title and sue AL and the dealer for damages and costs associated.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #39

Last night I called and left another Voice message and emailed him twice.

I also made a call again to American Lifan to ask again for their assistance on their Voicemail........

Here's a kicker for you.

A "Dirty Nasty Grey Market" lifan dealer Contacted me Via email late last night.

He offered to me (at a very susbstantial discount) a Lifan Ct style frame and open MSO.

I have bought parts from him before for a few Z50 projects. He knows the trouble I have been having with the American Lifan Dealer.

So the most help yet I have received as of yet wasn't even from American Lifan or its dealer....... It was from a Independant Grey market Bike dealer and he came to me with the offer.

Its definetly tempting and I will consider it after contacting the BBB And the IL Attorney Generals office to file a complaint...

I wonder if I should complain to the BBB about American Lifan itself? I almost don't think that would even matter. They have a Ton of marks against them on the BBB's page already?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #40

I think you need to start with the Ill. Attorney Gen.'s office, and that is tomorrow, from what you wrote on Saturday. You have given them long enough.

The plus of filing with the BBB is that you can give your specifics, and they will have another mark against them; every one of the negatives adds up to something!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #41

hrm...

Unfortunately this post was just brought to my attention.

I have spoke to this customer on many occasions...

American Lifan does not have a retail license in order to correctly title a vehicle.... Therefore we cannot just print up another MSO for this customer and send directly to him.

Every time I call the dealer in question he picks the phone right up and explains that he has no problem helping this customer with this situation. We have infact sent a duplicate MSO to the dealer.... this was months ago.... it should not be an issue anymore.

Shawn

Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #42

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dstr4: Good bump.

"Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. " Shawn.

I'm still trying to stay positive Shawn.
You gotta admit, you guys make it hard to stay positive, this long, after so many people have said the same thing.

Wow that took 2 minutes from my last post. He is fast.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #43

I would consider it an issue if i spent 1000 bucks for a bike that can not be ridden as intended.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #44

Unfortunetly................It is STILL very much a issue.

BTW.......This is the first I am hearing about a Duplicate MSO.??

I'm not Sure I have ever Spoken to you Shawn except for the first time when I could not contact the dealer for weeks to see about my Drivers License. You talked to me "Many times" Doubtful.....

Im pretty Sure I Talked to a Female and a guy named Greg (maybe) the last time when I Was Brushed off and my call was dropped Repeatedly and then finally got the brush off.

Regaurdless, why wasn't I informed you sent him a duplicate MSO??. That would seem to be pretty Important for me to know right?

Despite this Statement..... "We have infact sent a duplicate MSO to the dealer.... this was months ago."

Heres the Facts...

I Still Do not have the vin # Matching MSO and your American Lifan Dealer does not bother picking up the phone for me.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #45

Selling NEW vehicles with correct paperwork seems very simple to me and should be little more than a slight delay to fix if a problem comes up.

Instead of A.L. worring about the "greys" being sold they should have focused more on the SCREENING of their POTENTIAL dealers so they can find RESPONSIBILE BUSINESS people in which to sell thru.

A.L. being the beginning of the chain here I'd think they would eagle eye a dealer that causes them problems until the problematic dealer straightens up or drop them as a dealer.
(yeah some costumers are the problem but most just want what they paid for)

Where is the logic in having a dealer that causes problems and bad press especially for a company trying to get a foot hold in an established marketplace.

None of it really matters to me though and I doubt it matters to A.L. anymore.
(atleast it seems like they aren't doing much of anything anymore)
I wonder if the local A.L dealer is still there Hmmm I may have to run over there this weekend to take a look.