Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #1

Gpx tse 250e vs rxb250l

Trying to decide which one. 4600 to my door for the gpx vs 2600 for the Orion.

Is the gpx with the extra money?

I'm just looking for a trail bike basically, I'm too old for the really rough stuff. 5'9 around 200.

Just looking for input from you guys if it's worth the extra for the gpx

Thanks

Old 02-17-2022, 05:16 PM   #2

I think you mean TSE 250R (R and E keys are side by side).
The GPX TSE250R is of course a 2 stroke, and will provide more power (close to 40hp), but has lots of flywheel so it is tractable and not explosive like the KTM and other full on motocross 2 strokes. It will be quicker and more flickable and maneuverable than the RBX. People love the low speed technical climbing and tight situation performance of the TSE...Suspension will be better and adjustable. But the Orion is a popular bike. Personally, I have my eye on the TSE250. I miss that nice lightweight powerful engine, and with the Yamaha DT230 engine design, it is a low maintenance, exceptionally durable power plant. I hear excellent reviews on the TSE.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:27 PM   #3

I am just being closed minded here, but I say RXB. My mind thinks of 2T bikes as competition oriented, whereas 4T bikes are more suited to trails. Plus you will save $2k. Keep in mind I envision dual-sports as street-legal with plates and registration. I am fairly certain the TSE could be street registered and plated in AZ, but I couldn't imagine doing the odd commute (33 mile round trip) to work and back on the TSE; at least not comfortably. That being said, either bike would be an excellent choice from a quality point of view, so if you have the $ for the TSE, go for it!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-18-2022, 06:02 AM   #4

I think he might be referring to the FSE based on the price, as the TSE is roughly a grand more than the price he posted.

If it's FSE vs RXB, it really depends on your intentions and how hard (and long) you're planning on riding the thing. If it's just on a whim, for a year or two, either one is fine.

Though I own neither, I'm on the riders' group for both of them, and so are the respective owners. GPX has far better customer service and parts availability, I've seen them send out a fork leg to someone because theirs started to leak and GPX was waiting on a seal delivery. With Orion (which I consider an inferior, if more cost-effective in my metrics), the owner is also present, but super defensive and he has an inferiority complex. I haven't seen the same sort of after-sales support, he seems more likely to blame the rider than to bend over backwards to help them, like I've seen GPX do time and time again.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
With Orion (which I consider an inferior, if more cost-effective in my metrics), the owner is also present, but super defensive and he has an inferiority complex. I haven't seen the same sort of after-sales support, he seems more likely to blame the rider than to bend over backwards to help them, like I've seen GPX do time and time again.
I Couldn't agree more with this. I own a 2020 RXB250L. The first bike I bought from them (Z20 Max), the transaction went smoothly. Had shipping damage issues with the RXB. Seems as soon as there's an issue, they become the worst customer support on the planet. Slow to respond, poor communication skills, etc.

I paid for full setup service on both bikes minus upgraded carbs.

Old 02-18-2022, 12:40 PM   #6

Yes I'm sorry for the typo..I meant fse250e.
I do want something to last a while, I won't be riding it hard.
I think I may go with the fse250e

Old 02-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I am just being closed minded here, but I say RXB. My mind thinks of 2T bikes as competition oriented, whereas 4T bikes are more suited to trails. Plus you will save $2k. Keep in mind I envision dual-sports as street-legal with plates and registration. I am fairly certain the TSE could be street registered and plated in AZ, but I couldn't imagine doing the odd commute (33 mile round trip) to work and back on the TSE; at least not comfortably. That being said, either bike would be an excellent choice from a quality point of view, so if you have the $ for the TSE, go for it!
On the comfort thing, either bike would be much less comfortable than, say, a Tao TBR7, Bashan Storm or Brozz, which have wider dual purpose saddles.

I agree that the FSE and TSE both are more enduro oriented (but not up to full on moto cross competition, based on many reviews). But they are close, and an excellent rider could easily win a race on one of the GPX 250s.

Plating might be an issue. But I hear that the GPX bike don't say off road only on the certificate of origin. Depending on the state, you may not need an inspection for the first registration event, and you can get the wiring up to speed by the time an inspection might come up. Both TSE and FSE have turn signal and brake lights (I believe it is optional though, as a kit).

I really enjoy bashing the dirt on my Storm, but suspension is pretty weak, and it is a heavy bike, just like most of these cheap dirt bikes. I reach it's limitations all the time! The GPX mid-range alternatives bridge that gap between bikes like the TBR7, storm and higher end full on MX KTM, GASGas, Kawasaki, etc, which make too much horsepower for me (50hp!) and have light flywheels making the engines explosive, and they are really for younger crowd (well, younger than me). The GPX bikes have high quality fully adjustable suspension, have lighter and better components all around, and stiffer lighter frames. That is what makes me look seriously at them. The TSE adds lower center of gravity and a lighter engine, and it's a 2stroke (I miss that!).

Old 02-19-2022, 02:53 PM   #8

ok, ordered the fse250e. i will post pics when i get it, i know we all love pics!