Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #1

Question Plastics

Hi! Newbie poster here!
I've tried searching the forum posts, but I'm having problems finding the info I'm looking for. I've got a 2005 tao tao ATA-110-A, so it's the 125ish body size. I can't find the original plastics for it, but I know they're all really close. I think the ATA-G might work, but the exhaust is on the side on my model, vs the center on the G. Also, the body seems really close to the Kazuma falcon (not the mini), we can make mounting brackets etc, it just needs to be close. Has anyone else had this problem? I have measurements on the original body etc. I could post pictures. I'm trying to upgrade my kids ride from a 50 to a 110 for his birthday in a month.

Thank you anyone for any of your help.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #2

Check on Partskit.com.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #3

Oh No

I looked on partskit, they don't have the ATA-A body. Only newer bodies.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:41 PM   #4

Is it the quad you have in your avatar pic? If so, post up some good sized pics of it here so we can see what you have to work with.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:45 AM   #5

[IMG] https://photos.app.goo.gl/h3suovzTo87XJpMW7 [/IMG]

I've never added photos before so I hope this works! The quad in my avatar pic is my daughter's coolster. My son has a 50 coolster, but we've got this 110 we're working on for him. He'll be stoked!

Thank you!!!

Old 08-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #6

It might be worth your while to pick up the kit from HERE and give it a try. A little fab work is a part of owning a Chinese quad or bike.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:39 AM   #7

Thanks for the suggestion, i really appreciate it. The original body totally looks like a kazuma mini falcon, that option is totally on the table. A little modifications, new holes, new mounting brackets, etc are for sure to be expected. I can't seem to find measurements on any thing though. I think the mini falcon might be too small, the falcon might be the right size? I love the body of the tao tao ATA-G / CHEETAH, if anyone reading this has that and could take some of the measurements for me you'd have my eternal gratitude! 😅 If those lined up that would be sweet. Or if anyone had the falcon and could take measurements. I just don't want to go and gamble and have it be a hard modification.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:42 AM   #8

I might be just needing to chose one and go with it though, if that's the case, I'll post pictures and show how it turns out. These little quads are awesome and don't deserve to be scrapped just because they've been left to sit for a while.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:48 AM   #9

https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/coll...0b-1-piece-red

This one looks awesome too! His favorite color is red.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:23 PM   #10

Learning how to plastic weld

Well, nothing was going to fit and buying a billion different plastics just to see what we might be able to work isn't an option. So, we're welding the plastic body back together reinforcing it, etc. I'll update with picures when we're done.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #11

I've signed up to this forum for this exact same reason. Looking for the same plastics that you are but I only wish mine looked some what close to yours. I'm going to try my hand at https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/coll...r-nose-kit-red I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 09-08-2020, 12:55 PM   #12

Oh man, I feel your pain. For some reason I can't see the picture you attached. Do you have the ATA-A body? I foundone website that said they "had it" but that it was out of stock. Emailed them with no response. It seems it was the anomalous body that we're cursed with. With how much money we've put into this I think buying another used quad and starting with that might have been the smarter choice. 😂 but we'll see what I say when it's finally rolling around.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:29 PM   #13

Taotao ata125a

Yup exact same quad, also found the Taotaopartsdirect.com website with the out if stock body style. Ordered the falcon mini body if it is close to size and mounting points as the original body I will use if and report back here. I can already see there is no battery box but if similar I'll cut the hole and 3D print a battery box. I stripped the whole atv down to the frame for a full cleaning and refinishing for my son, just waiting on parts ( body, throttle, brake system, taillight). I've got the whole wiring harness figured out but one connection was severed by previous owner and if I could ask,could you help me find what it goes to, please. Thank you. ( Sorry for the long post)

Old 09-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #14

Taotao ata125a refinish https://photos.app.goo.gl/2FBTjVLNAeWzkooh8

Old 09-08-2020, 11:56 PM   #15

Wow! So is the body you have there the two piece kazuma body? The falcon was too long, the mini falcon was too short. Cheetahs were the wrong fit, the ata-G was the wrong fit. Supposedly the utility quad wold fit with some modifications (That advice is from the super helpful partsfox 2008 on ebay). It was a huge pain and repairing the body we had was the cheapest most sane plan.
I love the gold, that's my sons frame/engine grill piece color. We also upgraded the shocks, carb (to a mikuni), lights, etc, pretty much everything is upgraded.

Tags
body, kazuma, plastics, tao tao