Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #1

Head Scratching Mod a Roketa DB-07 250

I can track a crate on its way to my address so Iam getting ready to mod it after 500 miles. It should be a Roketa DB-07k 250. I want to swap out The carb, muffler and plug. Iam thinking about this muffler if it will fit my bike: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-EXH...3D322065277975

Do you guys know if it will fit my bike and if not is there a good after market muffler that will give me a few extra HP but not busting my bank account? I want to use a Mikuni 30mm if it bolts right up to my bike. Will it? I also want to use a better plug then stock. At over 8000 feet I lose a few HP and would like to get them back. What would you guys recommend?

Last edited by Merlin; 07-24-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #2

Head Scratching

Ok I guess there is not much info about the DB-07k? Does anyone know where I can at least get a rear sprocket for this bike?

Old 07-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

Thumbs Up

several threads here on replacement exhausts including a couple of videos on hawks and tt250's. I dunno bout the roketa, but it may be extremely similar to one of those two. if you have access to a guy with a pipe bender, a local welder should be able to move the bracket if necessary. Lots have been successful with reportedly favorable results and the one you picked sure looks good. I'd take a little time tho and research the issue while you break the bike in you got some time.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #4

Head Scratching

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
several threads here on replacement exhausts including a couple of videos on hawks and tt250's. I dunno bout the roketa, but it may be extremely similar to one of those two. if you have access to a guy with a pipe bender, a local welder should be able to move the bracket if necessary. Lots have been successful with reportedly favorable results and the one you picked sure looks good. I'd take a little time tho and research the issue while you break the bike in you got some time.
I havent got the bike yet. It should be here Tuesday. Iam trying to do some research while it gets here. Iam looking to do the big three carb, muffler and sprocket. Just hopping everything will bolt on with out modding anything. Hopping someone has been here and done this.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #5

Ok no help here? Are there OTHER forums where I could find out if a Mikuni carb will bolt up to this engine or maybe find out if there is a 45 tooth sprocket that would work with this bike with out my buying one to find out? I do feel a new muffler would help restore some of the power I will lose up here at over 8000 feet. I cant afford to buy this stuff if it wont work on my bike. I cant be the first to want to mod one of these bikes? So does anyone know of a site where I could find some HELP? Thanks

Last edited by Merlin; 07-25-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:51 AM   #6

Ive found a site called My China Moto but when I try to register it denies me as spam? Does anyone know how to contact them?

Last edited by Merlin; 07-24-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #7

Your DB07 is like many of the Hondoids of old. It's a good solid bike with a good track record of being mechanically reliable. The exhaust on these can be different from bike to bike, like my X-Moto. It's basically the same thing as what you ordered.

Getting an exhaust to fit it without some modding or bending may be somewhat challenging. It's why I went with this.

https://www.amazon.com/FMF-Racing-20...spark+arrestor

Do all the normal stuff you've read here including the ever-important valve adjustment. They're guaranteed to be tight.

Here's the install thread.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6954

I'd go with a pod filter just because the stock air box and the filter on that bike may not be all that good. The one in my X-Moto was junk. Our old kitchen sponge would have filtered better.

Odds are, this bike will arrive being geared to climb straight up a pine tree. The front sprocket is the same one that fits all Hondoids so you may find it easiest just to order a 17 tooth from CSC. The rear sprocket should be a a JTR269.XX unless they changed it for some reason, and can be purchased in many different teeth combinations.

Hope this helps!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Your DB07 is like many of the Hondoids of old. It's a good solid bike with a good track record of being mechanically reliable. The exhaust on these can be different from bike to bike, like my X-Moto. It's basically the same thing as what you ordered.

Getting an exhaust to fit it without some modding or bending may be somewhat challenging. It's why I went with this.

https://www.amazon.com/FMF-Racing-20...spark+arrestor

Do all the normal stuff you've read here including the ever-important valve adjustment. They're guaranteed to be tight.

Here's the install thread.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6954

I'd go with a pod filter just because the stock air box and the filter on that bike may not be all that good. The one in my X-Moto was junk. Our old kitchen sponge would have filtered better.

Odds are, this bike will arrive being geared to climb straight up a pine tree. The front sprocket is the same one that fits all Hondoids so you may find it easiest just to order a 17 tooth from CSC. The rear sprocket should be a a JTR269.XX unless they changed it for some reason, and can be purchased in many different teeth combinations.

Hope this helps!
This helps a lot. Thanks a lot.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #9

I would try it stock first. At 8000 feet it might be jetted okay. I would replace fuel lines as they are normally a problem. GATES (USA) at local auto parts store is normally $1.50 a foot you shouldn't need more then 2 feet. You can pull the carb off to inspect and measure it to be sure what replacement will fit. If you have a metric bolt assortment and a left hand drill bit it might not be a bad time to unseal the stock carb. For the most part VM26 will fit CB / CG 250's but it's not a bad idea to be sure.

Stock spark plug is a NGK D8EA (2120) if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to source it locally for ~$2.50. Bike will ship with Torch branded or similar. NGK is a major step up. Iridium should be Denso IX24 (5372) locally it should be ~$6.50. You could try one of those hot coils too for ~$6.50 it might be worth a shot. The jury is out on them. If you want to make sure not to order the wrong part it's best to have the part you are replacing in hand. Almost all of these bikes are the same with slight variations but every once in a while you run in to something interesting.

Last edited by nonone; 07-26-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:46 AM   #10

Contact member 'Blackbike' as he has this same bike under the Bashan brand name. It is the same bike from what I understand.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #11

I'm pretty sure Bashan is the actual Chinese manufacturer. Roketa is the importer I believe. If you do a search or two on here, you should find info and members who have them.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ighlight=storm

2016 CSC TT250