Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2020, 06:47 PM   #1

China Bikes = Death Traps Outta Here!!!!

I almost got Manny'd as I almost bought a Hawk 250 DXL EFI from 360powersports aka Txpowersports aka a lot of other websites from Carrolton, TX.

Luckily I did my prepurchase research and found out you can't get a title for it in Alabama which basically means you probably can't get a title for it anywhere.

Then after almost being duped by MotoCheeze and his sales propaganda Youtube glowing review I saw a genuine review of what you really get..... This Russian guy who does the Hawk review is really funny and worth watching!

Buyer beware and safe riding! Biker's don't let friends ride TxPowersprots bikes.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:00 PM   #2

I will agree ,There are people making money promoting china bikes and the majority of the people seem to be to stupid to realize that. I feel the hate I get for giving an honest comparison to my Yamaha 225 all while saying I like my China scooters. People get mad if you say anything bad about their China bikes, They only wanna be spoon fed BS that makes them feel good.

Last edited by Joshcb7; 07-31-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I dumb and cant spel

Old 07-31-2020, 09:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRider View Post
I almost got Manny'd as I almost bought a Hawk 250 DXL EFI from 360powersports aka Txpowersports aka a lot of other websites from Carrolton, TX.

Luckily I did my prepurchase research and found out you can't get a title for it in Alabama which basically means you probably can't get a title for it anywhere.

Then after almost being duped by MotoCheeze and his sales propaganda Youtube glowing review I saw a genuine review of what you really get..... This Russian guy who does the Hawk review is really funny and worth watching!

Buyer beware and safe riding! Biker's don't let friends ride TxPowersprots bikes.
I'm no fan of most these dealers but I don't agree with your assertion of Motocheez. You are basing your opinion on these bikes because of one person's experience. You seem very bitter for some reason. I will just leave it at that.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:47 PM   #4

The guy that did the "ugly truth" video kind of comes off like a racist dickbag, imo.

People that buy these bikes thinking they can just throw 'em together, gas 'em and go, are deluding themselves. These motorcycles are built to a price point and require vastly more end-user interaction than your typical Yamaha. Spending an hour doing research would clue them in. I have no sympathy for someone that chases a deal like these bikes without doing any of the research to understand WHY they're so cheap.

I should also note that I had zero issues registering my Hawk DLX in Washington State. I walked out of the local licensing office in roughly 20 minutes with a brand new license plate and registration in hand. The MSO followed the bike by about 4 days after I emailed the VIN to the seller (Smart Deals Now on Amazon (which I think is an AKA for Dallas Power Sports, as that's the company that shipped the bike.)

g.

Old 07-31-2020, 10:02 PM   #5

Same here, got a CSC TT250 and had it registered in Nevada in 30 minutes.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I'm no fan of most these dealers but I don't agree with your assertion of Motocheez. You are basing your opinion on these bikes because of one person's experience. You seem very bitter for some reason. I will just leave it at that.
I'm not bitter and I'm basing my opinion on the POS they sent him. I'm actually glad I did my pre-sale homework before wasting my money on this POS. The video speaks for itself. My guess is that Motocheez paid nothing for the bike he reviewed. My guess is that if you hand out honest reviews you're supply of bikes dry up along with your clicks.

As far as the ass who's selling "Street Legal" bikes with not for road use stickers on the fenders, well,,, let's just say karma eventually takes care of these types. Karma has already probably kicked in given that "Manny" has a bunch of websites up and running under different names. I personally don't like being ripped off.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:28 AM   #7

Quote:
I'm not bitter and I'm basing my opinion on the POS they sent him. I'm actually glad I did my pre-sale homework before wasting my money on this POS. The video speaks for itself. My guess is that Motocheez paid nothing for the bike he reviewed. My guess is that if you hand out honest reviews you're supply of bikes dry up along with your clicks.
Does he get free bikes from Japanese motorcycle dealers or just the chinese dealers? Are his Jeeps free from the Jeep dealer? How about his mini pickup? Was that free? Rooftop tent that he showed the receipt for from camping world? Everything he reviews is free? What about the part where he shows leaky gas tanks and untapped tank vent nipples out of the box? Wanna know a secret? My china bike had zero issues out of the box. I definitely didn't get it for free to say that either. Some people just get a lemon.

You know what they say about assumptions.

I have a assumption. I assume Motocheez is in a financial position he doesn't need to get cheap china bikes for free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200731-212526_Samsung Internet.jpg (85.9 KB, 1312 views)

Last edited by Big Bird; 08-01-2020 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Add text

Old 08-01-2020, 12:49 AM   #8

It's simple. If you don't like China Bikes, don't buy one. If you know how to turn a wrench on occasion, don't expect the newest, latest tech and want to be able to enjoy being in the wind for 1/3 price of a Japanese bike, go for it.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #9

**Stares in CSC**

Old 08-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
It's simple. If you don't like China Bikes, don't buy one. If you know how to turn a wrench on occasion, don't expect the newest, latest tech and want to be able to enjoy being in the wind for 1/3 price of a Japanese bike, go for it.
also, dont come to a site specifically oriented to people that enjoy their chinese bikes, and enjoy working on then and modding them, and helping others learn about them just to bash them... chances are you will not be greeted with open arms when you do so...

FYI, i can understand the frustration of dealing with Manny, we all know how he works and the BS that occurs. that is not the point of my rant...LOL its about bashing our beloved bikes right out of the gate and calling them death traps... there are members here with no issues over 50,000+ miles of riding their china bikes, i personally have over 7000 trouble free miles on my 07 roketa that i converted to a supermoto....

Old 08-01-2020, 08:14 AM   #11

I really can't believe you are trying to assert that the Hawk DLX "can't be titled anywhere" with any actual integrity ,they have sold a LOT of those Bikes collectively and if no one had been able to title them ,that would be a pretty loud outcry - But there isnt one.

You also seem to have some sort of hard on for Motocheeze , his Hawk DLX btw is Titled and has a plate ,another nail in your coffin of tomfoolery about them "not being able to be Titled anywhere" .

I'm not sure what your agenda with this is , but you are spreading misinformation and

attacking someone you dont even know and frankly it's not a good look. Why you would choose to do so on a site that is dedicated to Chinabikes and it's enthusiasts is also questionable , we are collectively much more knowledgeable and informed on the subject than you are ,as the sum total of your knowledge appears to be second hand info from a Bike you didnt buy from a Dealer you shouldnt have used.

If this is your effort to provide information and / or make friends on this site, i 'd sure hate to see what you are like when you are actually TRYING to piss people off.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 08-01-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #12

Quote:

You should work for the main stream media , you would fit right in.

You should take up reading also . I recommend "how to win friends and influence people"

Are China bikes for everyone? answer NO
Are China bikes good bang/fun for the money? answer YES
Do some bikes need more fettling (even same make and model)? answer YES
Will you get educated from the gratuitous members on this site ? answer YES

Enough said
Paul

Old 08-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #13

Personally I think Motocheez does great reports. I bought a Magician after seeing his reports on one, even though many people shied away from them because of his reviews.
I've had virtually no problems with my bike, but I do have to maintain it; it reminds me of owning Japanese bikes from the 60's and 70's.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #14

I don't understand the satisfaction trolls get out of negative reactions, but to each his own I suppose. I have purchased 4 bikes from TXpowersports in the last 18 months and had not one problem with them. The bikes arrived in good condition and in a timely manner, as did the MCOs. And didn't have an issue registering any of them in Ohio.

I'm not Motocheez's biggest fan but his videos are entertaining and certainly not propaganda. He honestly addresses the issues with each bike and usually shows how he fixes them.

The video you posted was made by a fellow troll looking for clicks. And the issues he made such a big deal of can easily be fixed rather than whined about. I put an additional $550 in my Hawk before even riding it and ended up with a very dependable and still affordable machine.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 08-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #15

My hawk is awesome. Registered in Indiana no problem.
Might just bring it to the floribama border one of these days.

1982 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim