Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputygene
My Tank has a Zong Shen 167 motor.
I forgot about the 167 motor...thanks Deputy!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #32

OMG please stay away from dirtcheapmotorsports if you plan to ride your bike on the street I bought mine 2 months ago and still dont have a valid
completed MCO and I cant get Ricky to get me one. But they are awesome bikes it has the OHC engine and is geared good for street too.
see Fatboy 250 post he got 2 of them also and says they go 65+ Its a good bike. but I would recommend finding a dealer who can provide the right paperwork.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFRFLYER
OMG please stay away from dirtcheapmotorsports if you plan to ride your bike on the street I bought mine 2 months ago and still dont have a valid
completed MCO and I cant get Ricky to get me one. But they are awesome bikes it has the OHC engine and is geared good for street too.
see Fatboy 250 post he got 2 of them also and says they go 65+ Its a good bike. but I would recommend finding a dealer who can provide the right paperwork.
wow thanks, im actually dealing with Rickey right now. he's the one that's cutting me that deal. i live in florida and work at a Chrysler dealer ship that has a title lady on hand. i also tag a bunch of scooters a year and always trailer then there along with the title and i ussually get the same lady. she is very helpfull. i rarley ever have a problem.

here is a few pics of motor that i have seen. 2 lifan and one who knows on the roketa. and oh yeah, just to make sure.... the rocketa goes 65mph?

Old 12-18-2006, 08:24 AM   #34

The Roketa and Alpine use the Zongshen motor, while the Lifan uses...the Lifan (go figure! ) In fact, the Roketa might even be one of the several brands (I heard something like 9 in the US)that are manufactured by Zongshen and sold under a brand name. That might be the reason that Zongshen hasn't really made a big push in the US--their bikes are already here in force (i.e. Roketas are very popular)

I doubt the Roketas hit 65 stock--most brands come with 56 t rear sprockets limiting them to about 50 maximum. One of the few brands that come stock for real top speed is the LIfan with their 46/17 teeth combo. Stock, they hit 65 to 70 (mph, that is)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #35

Mine has the 44 rear sprocket stock. I know both are good for 65-70 with the muffler drilled since that's all we've done. I will be installing a pod type air filter and moving the c-clip soon so maybe a few more mph will be gained.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 12-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #36

Thanks for chiming in Fatboy250 your post where one of the reasons I went with the Roketa. Mine came with the 44T as well havent been able to open it up but have been 55 with plenty left to go. rode it on some trails at Manchester National Forest and you could tell it was geared for the highway could hardly get out of second gear on the tight trails. Oh and the sand Man that stuff worked me hard.....

FMYStreetRacer The problem with Ricky was/is that the only MCO Ive gotten is the one that came in the crate It is not filled out except for the VIN and model all the other info was blank including the signature for the Goldenvale Representive to sign. and Im not forging any documents Also it is on a shiny card type paper not very official looking to say the least .
Just want you to know what you are getting into.

BTW 65+ MPH

Old 12-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #37

Lintopowersports sent me another MSO. They told me to call them when it arrived and give them the vin numbers. I did and about a week later I got the official watermarked MSO's. I had no problem at the DMV. I think I may have if I only had the cardboard MSO's that came in the crate.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 12-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #38

cool deal. if i have to deal with a little head ache to get a good deal then i'll do it. i talked to Rickey on the phone today and it looks like i'll be buying the bikes this week hopefully. he was pretty good calling me back and such but then again i haven't handed him any money. hopefully he'll still call me back after money has changed hands if i have a problem. if it really comes down to it i'll drive up there and handle it in person. but for now every thing is going very smooth.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #39

well i just did it. a few min ago i just ordered a 2007 Roketa. can't wait to get it. i ordered blue. is it a bright blue? if not i might change my selection to black. if anyone has some clear pics of the blue i'd appriciate it. thanks.