Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #16

I´m getting some info from Turkey now, the price there is about
:arrow: USD 4700 :!: :!: 8O

Old 11-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #17

wow $4700.00 thats expensive, about $2500.00 more than it is worth, the Turkish dealers must enjoy making a killing. I am talking with someone from the factory and an importer near me I know. If it all works out I will let you all know, if I get the sample of 250 and 125 for the kids, and they are good bikes I will be happy, and hopefully import more if they are descent bikes. If not I will have 2 expensive book ends turn em upside down, screw some finished oak plywood on them, a couple barstools and I will use them for tables in my garage.

Were did you get the links from Turkey? Do they like the bikes?

Old 11-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #18

Scroll down a bit on this page:

http://www.motosiklet.net/forum/show...=12367&page=19

Old 11-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #19

Ahhhh.... so it is probably import laws making it so expensive. I wonder if you will get a reply if anyone has bought one, rode one or even seen one up close? How do you find all these sights? I am amazed how many others read, write and speak english. I have enough trouble speaking proper english and that's my first language! You really seem to dig up info., you have been a great help here, Thank You!

Old 11-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #20

Google and Babelfish can be of great help...
If you get a hold of the bike so let us now how it is.
By the way.. sights=sites?

Old 11-24-2006, 10:52 AM   #21

yes sights=sites LOL see my english is lacking, and it is my first language LOL.

Yes I will let you know, I will be speaking to the import broker this afternoon, wish me luck.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #22

pobiker-be aware of the EPA certification law. I don't think you can legally receive the bike w/o it-in fact, they can't send it. Not too sure about samples, but I think any bike sent has to pass EPA. Double check before using bikes as bookends-or not getting bikes at all, but after having wired money...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #23

Well I checked into the EPA cert. and they sent them to me. It was certified in Michigan. I found an import broker and today ordered 2 samples. A 125 and a 250, wish me luck and I will be praying I don't end up with 2 gernades. If not, and they pan out, I am going to look into a PA dealers license. I will take some pics when they come in, well after I put em together, I assume it will take some time to get all the bolts/nuts tight, and put together all the stuff that is shipped loose. From what I have read here I need to go over everything, and change the fluids to some good motor oil, and fork oil. Hope every one is doing well, now I have to sit back and wait probably 2 months.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #24

Good luck to you!! I do hope the 250 comes like the photo, and not a stripped down (read: no street equipment) bike like Viva and Tank already sell. Not to scare you, but...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #25

supposed to be loaded on ship next saturday

well i just got word from the company that the bikes are crated and ready to be shipped, i suppose they will take at least a month to ship from ningbo to usa. the warranty is 1 year on frame and engine and they ship 2.5% easily broken parts. i wonder if that is like levers and fenders or cables, that is another question i need to ask. the 125cc was cheaper model so i made up the price difference with 5 dot helmets, one for me 2 for the kids and the ones we dont pick maybe i will sell. if they are junk they will make interesting hanging plant baskets.

it sucks wondering wether it will all be some cool stuff or if i will be like martha stewart and have to make use of it all in other ways. hmmmmmm boat anchors......
bar tables.......... flower pots........... maybe i could make round wrought iron frames and weld em to the bikes, get some safety glass tops and sell em to a local bar as artsy type tables ??????? any other back up plans would be appreciated and would make me at least smile some. just think old tricky dicky nixon would be so proud of us trading with china.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFRFLYER
Wow that is nice, Doesnt say so but it appears to have 2 exhaust pipes could that be a twin cylinder. Let me know when the 350s arrive :wink:
Single cylinder 4 valve head. Check out an XL600R Honda for reference.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #27

Any word yet ? Enquiring minds need to know...... :wink:

Old 12-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #28

not as of yet, they get put on ship this coming saturday, so it will take a month I bet till they hit California port, then to Pittsburgh.

I am going to try to call and speak to the rep. I been talking with through e-mail, that should be interesting. In fact the whole process has been pretty interesting, I want to find out more about their culture. I understand they are still communist, but they must not be quite as hardline as in the past, with the growth in industrialism it must be hard to not lean toward capitalism. It scares me sometimes that we are soon gonna be second banana to them as a world power, they already have the numbers, now the huge amounts of money will be going their way. I was told by a friend that has done work there designing some of the steel and metal processing mills, that they buy all of our scrap metals, then when it gets put onboard rail cars on shore, they bring in the whole rail car in and melt it down car and all.

When we were in the industrial revolution that was when we became the super power, and we were not billions strong. Pres. Nixon was either quite inteligent, or had a crystal ball, he had the foresight to know we were gonna be dealing with them in this situation, make friends and play nice or get kicked around in the school yard. It sounds to me from learning here and other places that a lot of outsourcing is going there, even the Japanese do it.

My theory on us and the Japanese is simaler to China, it is that a lot of the funding and probably a lot of the controling interest in their companies are American business's, look at Mazda, subsidary of Ford Motor Company, name a Japanese businessman as Pres. & General mngr. (and make up a name here) William J. Anderson great grandnephew of Henery Ford is head of the Board of Directors, and that made up name person has controlling interest with stock amounts. Hell we blew their ass's up in WWII, who the hell do you think funded their rebuilding?

I figure it this way, they didn't just grab the yellow pages and find my friend to design specialty steel mills, must be some American business behind the scenes, which in a way is good because that money will eventually trickle down in our economy, the true thing that sucks is it will trickle down to illegal immigrants.

That sucks to, but it is a reflection of our own lack of work ethic, we all want big pay for little or no work. We are a spoiled brat nation, "mommie & daddy, and the world owe us an easy life with lots of money and not have to struggle to make it" do we need another depression to wake the new generation into the fact that no one owes their lazy asses anything. Put down the controler of the PS3, unplug your umbilical cord from your PC in your room and wake up at 6:00 am and get your lazy ass to work. I and a lot of my friends had jobs as 13 year olds, paper boys, shoveling snow, cutting grass anything to pay for our dirt bikes and parts. In summers I worked as a labor for my families masonry business, in fact Christmas and Thanksgiving were mandatory work weeks for me if it was warm enough to lay brick.

I am second generation American, my grandparents were all LEGAL imigrants, and where they came from life sucked really bad, and that is were I learned my work ethic, if you want to make it in life work hard and struggle and you will make it, and don't compromise your morals and ethics to get there. My parents were never rich but they were not on welfare either, but my dad always put in my head that if you don't work hard and spend wisely, you will be poor and worse off than my grandparents would have been, had they not come to this land of opportunity and worked hard and spoke english like everyone else. Ok I will get off my rant LOL just one more thing and I will stop for today, God Bless America, Pledge Alligence to the Flag and Pray for our Troops and the Troops of our allied Countries, that give their lives, so some fool like me can get on his soap box and rant and rave about our society, without being executed or imprisioned! By the way if I offended anyone in any way, to bad, cause I do not buy into this polliticly correct bull. Give me liberty or give me death, Live Free or Die and also Ride hard, die free.

[/i]
Legal Disclaimer: These are not the veiws expressed by this sight, they are the veiws of me as an individual, this sight does not take responsibilty or particualy agree with these veiws, but with the fact we have freedom of speech and press in America, I wanted to use those freedoms. Thank you.