Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #1

Does it fit? 200GY-5

Hey guys, long time reader first time writer, in fact, this forum was one of the reasons why I purchased my LIFAN 200gy-5. According to the guys @ TMotorsports its going to be around the 12th of January before it ships due to the holidays. But anyways, you guys gave me alot of information on this bike including what I have to look forward to with the carb problems and loose fasteners. I went to my shop and got the biggest tube of blue Loctite I could find to resolve the problem. At first I was skeptical on buying this bike until I started reading other forums and hearing about the major problems that buyers were having with the other brand of chinese bikes. I purchased the bike through Ebay for a grand total $975, to me that is one hell of a bargain seeing that the same bike sells for 1200+ not including shipping. Now the only thing that I'm questioning is the fit. I'm 5'6" and 175lbs the specs states that the seat height is 33 inches but I also seen specs with 29 inch seat height. So which is it and will it fit? This is my first bike since I was a kid, the last bike I was a YZ80 that my ole man jammed a tricked out 125cc engine in. AHHHHH those were the days. so if anyone out there could give me an example of their height/weight and bike fit I would appreciate it. The anxiety is killing me.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #2

I have a Lifan 200GY-2 with the 33" (unloaded) seat height. I find it cramped, but I'm 6'3" and 205lbs. In a sitting position my legs are well bent. Standing is uncomfortable, I'll probably get some additional seat foam and some handlbar spacers this year.

At 5'6" you may find it a tall ride but probably not unmanageable, especially if you've ridden before. Its lower than a 650XR but higher than a XT225 or Super Sherpa, if that's any help. The suspension will probably be very stiff so you won't experience too much sag.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the input frostbite, I figured the rear monoshock would be stiff with minor sag. A friend of mine said I could adjust the rear shock for a softer ride, he said this would give the rear a little sag but not much. He said I could also swap out the rear shock for one a tad bit shorter. He swapped out a rear shock on a chinese bike at his shop about 2 weeks ago and took an after market name brand mono shock right off the shelf and to his suprise it actually fit. So this is one option im looking at. The other option is a 17th century horse pulled leg stretcher taken from a medevil torture chamber. On the dealers ad on Ebay theres a picture of a woman on the same bike, shes 5'8" probably no more than 145lbs and the bike doesnt seem that big compared to her, I mean shes on the ball of her feet but I also seen a picture of a guy who is also 5'8" and 160lbs and he's flat footed so that takes me back to the seat height question. Here's the actual ad from ebay... and yes that is a woman. From her looks I think she prefers the other pink meat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5567485&rd=1,1

Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #4

My guess is that you will find it a bit of a stretch when stopped but just about perfect when riding.

My KLR was so tall I could only put down one foot at a stop. I rode it that way for a year before I installed longer "dogbones", the lower suspension links.

The real solution is to ride more, stop less!

Old 01-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to bfe71730 Send a message via Yahoo to bfe71730
My 16yr old rides the Kazuma more than I do, he's 5'8, 140lbs. If you've ridden dirt bikes before, I don't see any problems with the fit. You may be a little dissapointed in the power vs a tricked out 125 2-stroke. I'm 6ft, 185lb and the Kazuma pulls me just fine, can hold 60+ mph with no strain. I'm probably gonna end up giving him the bike and get something a little bigger, motor wise. You got a good deal on the bike and have lot's of tech support on here, wish this site's like these were available 3 years ago when I bought my china machine.
1983 Honda ATC 200X
1974 Kawasaki KE100

Old 01-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #6

I got on a friends 01 YZ250 today and had to lean to hold the bike up, we measured his seat height at the lowest point and it measured 43 inches, thats 10 inches taller than the GY200 so I think I will be alright not quiet tippy toes maybe on the balls of my feet but still a stretch none the less. I spoke with Larry @ Hooper and he informed me that he's 5'8" with a 28" inseam and is on the balls of his feet when he's at a stop which has given me more confidence on fit being I have a 31-32" inseam. I also called Lifan in Dallas and spoke with frank there. I informed him that he needs to quit removing the cool boy stickers on the bike. He said that they do it to all the bikes when they arrive. He asked if anyone was inquiring about them, I told him if he has any in stock he needs to put them on ebay....He would make a killing. I know i would be up for a couple.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
e measured his seat height at the lowest point and it measured 43 inches
Holy crap!!

I rode a WR450 (briefly) once. I don't think even it was that high. If you can straddle that YZ monster a GY should be a cake-walk.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #8

That bike is an animal, he calls it Frankenstien, all the parts are either custom made at his dads chopper shop or taken from other parts bike. Dont take it like this thing looks like a bag of smashed assholes, it looks as good or better than some of the chopper his pops crank out, but the mods he made on that bike is unreal. He went on for an hour just on all the things the engine had, I asked him jokingly if NASA knew about it. On the dyno it cranks out 75hp and 48ft lbs of torque and thats at the rear wheel before turbo. NOW THATS A DIRT BIKE!!! :twisted: His redline is 18k, his first engine exploded on the dyno nearly killing him. He had a connecting rod through his left rib cage after taking out the gas tank and part of the frame. But being a bike motor x freak 6 months after he was building another engine. This one is built like a tank. As far as the suspension his rear mono shock is an eibach adjustable coil over from a 2005 acura. After alittle pondering and a plasma torch I dont know how but he made it fit. As far as ride comfort, he said its like water sking on your ass. Unbelievable. He asked if I wanted to take it for a ride but I had to turn it down. That is death wish on 20 inch wheels.