Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #16

Thanks for responding....

Its cool to have a light motorcycle that you can zip around on...

I saw some other bikers, its kind of like boating, except they seem to be obliged to give a head nod instead of a wave.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Thanks for responding....

Its cool to have a light motorcycle that you can zip around on...

I saw some other bikers, its kind of like boating, except they seem to be obliged to give a head nod instead of a wave.
Beautiful bictures! Thanks for sharing. I also love my Q, especially with the Suzuki speedometer cable installed.

Q went out yesterday and today for a little trail/dirt road riding.

Thank you GOD for SUMMERTIME!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #18

I am limited locally for off road….

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...10139&t=h&z=17

That links says lakeview cemetary but it is not, lakeview has a dirt road though that I been on which is one of my places I like ridding. It also has all kinds of winding roads and hills.

There are few other places that one is about the best, its ten minutes from my house. It has long stretch of access road that’s packed dirt then leads into some looping trails some young guys with dirt bike carved out. Some wind through the woods as well.

So I have taken it in the dirt….and that little area is good to get accustomed to dirt. But then I need boots and off-road helmet and goggles. Before I roll it up into the truck and ride out to one of the many off-road course they have in Ohio. I was told we have more than any other state?

I do not live in the desert, I live in a concrete jungle…well not really.

Here is my road course, south park blvd is nice ride.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...40555&t=h&z=15

Old 05-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #19

The forecast is for a week of rain here!

Cleveland weather is all over the place, your limited always by the weather.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #20

May 23, 2010 @ 675km

Nice warm day today, so I took the XP out. It was hazy out, probably the result of a near straight week of off and on rain.

200XP at Edgewater State Park

View to the West, Perkins Beach:

View North and waters edge:

View East:

Old 05-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #21

Looks like a nice day for a ride. We get the same haze in the Fraser Valley, because it blows to the East from Vancouver. :?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #22

Rain....on and off......till 'forever'......
I live in the PRK dangit! That's not supposed to still be happening here! My vacation was a wash out...... I ended up banking both weeks. :(

Beautiful pics though! Thanks! Need some cheering up! Nice to see someone is out riding!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #23

Thanks for posting the photos. Cleveland has a nice skyline.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #24

I took the XP200 to lunch today….

I live in an area called the Heights, its basically top of a bluff to the east of the city. The eastern half of Ohio is Appalachian foot hills, the further you go the more hilly it gets. The western half of the state is flat Indiana is very flat and Pennsylvania is hilly, they have mountains.

Anyway I headed down to the base of the bluff or ridge, they used to call it Turkey Ridge, back in the day and every once in a while a wild Turkey can be still spotted in the area.

The base of the bluff is an area called University Circle, it’s considered the cultural center of the city, it is a metropolitan city center in itself. It's a nice area. I like going there, its got some nice green spaces.

One of the institution in the circle is Case Western University, here are some pictures of a building on campus, its designed by architect named Gehry.

Behind that building in the Cleveland Botanical Gardens

From there I headed towards the lake, I took what is called The Rockefeller Parkway and intended to take some more photos on the way but the traffic was way too bad to stop...another time.

I then got hungry and headed to downtown, thats the actual metro center and stopped at a mall called the Galleria, I was so hungry I just jumped the curb and parked in front. Everywhere is a parking spot for a Dual Sport.

It stopped raining.... and the odometer now is at 750km>>we had a high of eighty eight yesterday....today eighty four. Sunny and warm :o

Old 05-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #25

He's the guy who designed the Springfield Prison (concert hall) on the Simpsons I think... It looks just like that building..

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #26

LOL.... I love the Simpsons.

There was a man that held people hostage at gun point in the Gehry and when people saw the buiding on the news they thought that it had been blown up! Then they were like Oh....it's supposed to look like that.

Its named after Peter B. Lewis, the CEO of Progressive Insurance, he was arrested in Japan once for the possesion of Marijuana, it all makes sense....sort of.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #27

I've heard that the Zong has the most comfy seat....is the Q the same setup? I'm really thinking of upgrading Mrs. 2LZ in the near future (if she'll let me spend the $$! 8) ) from her little Hensim 150.
Does the Q have the littler wheels like the Zong?....and also....are they still imported and have new models?

Edit! I just saw that indeed....they are dealing here in So Cal.....and new models list for about 2600.00.
Thanks for the patience! :oops:

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #28

Thanks for posting the nice photos, Oengus. I am glad you are having nice warm weather; the temperatures are still a little chilly here in Idaho. I hop curbs all the time to park; the small, dual sport bikes a lot of fun, indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I've heard that the Zong has the most comfy seat....is the Q the same setup?...Does the Q have the littler wheels like the Zong?...
The Qlink is much taller, and has a more narrow seat than the Zong. The QLink has standard size, dual sport wheels.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I've heard that the Zong has the most comfy seat....is the Q the same setup? I'm really thinking of upgrading Mrs. 2LZ in the near future (if she'll let me spend the $$! 8) ) from her little Hensim 150.
Does the Q have the littler wheels like the Zong?....and also....are they still imported and have new models?

Edit! I just saw that indeed....they are dealing here in So Cal.....and new models list for about 2600.00.
Thanks for the patience! :oops:
I bought a 2008 in Jan 2010...it was only $1,699.00 then, it has 21x18 standard tires. But it sits high, with a 35" seat. The seat is comfortable.

The Zong sits lower, if you can find one its a good option, the Lifan GY-5 is good but also sits high.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thanks for posting the nice photos, Oengus. I am glad you are having nice warm weather; the temperatures are still a little chilly here in Idaho. I hop curbs all the time to park; the small, dual sport bikes a lot of fun, indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I've heard that the Zong has the most comfy seat....is the Q the same setup?...Does the Q have the littler wheels like the Zong?...
The Qlink is much taller, and has a more narrow seat than the Zong. The QLink has standard size, dual sport wheels.

Spud
LOL I just posted the same respsonse....

they are fun, easy to ride and get around on.

It's good idea to consider the seat height before getting a bike sight unseen, I went to dealers to sit on other models with the same dimensions.