Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2021, 09:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
Like others here said, it just doesn't seem practical..BUT if thats what you want to do and are gonna do, just do it. Have some great gloves too for when the exhaust is hot..because it does get hot quickly. Sucks that you live around neighbors like that.

Ya ove gloves seem to work pretty well since the stop sign is only about a mile away. Unless their wet but I don't ride in the rain. But ya. I mean idk it's not that what I'm doing isn't technically maybe probably illegal, but the reason he's doing it is not because of what I'm doing I don't think.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #32

This thread got my curiosity going, since I also wouldn't mind a quieter exhaust. I bought one of these baffles off of Amazon for 10 bucks - worth a shot, eh? The baffle has an adjustable plug that changes the number of holes used in the baffle, which is held in place by the allen screw seen in the picture. I set up an unscientific volume test using a sound app on my phone. I have no idea how accurate the app is, so that means all of the results I got are relative to each other. I set up my phone about 18" behind the exhaust outlet, about at the same level of the outlet. All numbers were taken at 5000 rpm. I tested 4 different conditions: Stock baffle and cap, open muffler, the Amazon baffle with all of the holes exposed, the Amazon baffle with half the holes exposed. Here are the results:

- Stock baffle and cap: 90.3 db
- Open muffler: 90.4 db
- Amazon baffle, all holes exposed: 90.3 db
- Amazon baffle, half holes exposed: 90.4 db

Hmmm. So, it looks like I'm sticking with the stock system. Each test did have a distinctly different sound. The open muffler sounded best to me, but I won't run it that way.

If anyone around the Bloomington area wants the Amazon baffle they can have it. Otherwise it's off to the recycle pile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210302_154758.jpg (45.6 KB, 72 views)

Old 03-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #33

Update to this thread: i removed the custom baffle i made and posted a DIY link to previously as i started hearing lean pops on occasion up top, i also noticed my exhaust mid-pipe section bluing more than it was previously and noticed the end-cap screws starting to get loose.. im thinking the extra restriction was causing it to get too hot and perhaps too much back-pressure im speculating.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X