Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #1

Just hit 800 miles on my vader!

Currently it is my only ride as my WRX is out of commission. The soft break in has helped. It has been sputtering at around 6k when at cruising speed. Last night I was taking it on a ride, it sounded badass... well it wasn't.

Exhaust just snapped right off.
so it looks like I'll be walking the 40 miles to work.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #2

post some pictures of this happened to a buddy last weekend when we rode on his Vader curious to see if its in the same spot or not.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #3

Hmm... what are the chances your exhaust looks something like this?
Name:  IMG_20170702_014141.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20170702_014200.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20170702_014150.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  88.9 KB

Or did your exhaust tear off from the opposite end?

And just a short PSA: be careful trying to stunt too hard on these bad boys.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not So Mild View Post
Hmm... what are the chances your exhaust looks something like this?

Or did your exhaust tear off from the opposite end?
Did the picture not show up in my post? I can see it when I look at it on my end. But yeah it looks almost exactly like that.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #5

I'm just getting the "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available" box from imgur. Even when opening in a new tab. Not sure if you have the picture set to private or something (I typically don't upload to imgur so I'm no help there).

Out of curiosity, what were you doing when yours broke? I'm not sure exactly when mine broke, but I had been trying to do some rolling stoppies for hours prior to checking it out in the garage. I had also laid the bike down on the opposite side that the exhaust runs immediately before calling it quits for the night. I don't believe laying down the bike snapped the exhaust, it was pretty slow and I lowered it down. I think mine snapped due to the force of all the stoppies. Guess I'll have to transition from the front wheel to the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
Did the picture not show up in my post? I can see it when I look at it on my end. But yeah it looks almost exactly like that.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #6

Also I plan on riding it home from work today. hopefully its not too big of a deal. I have another exhaust at home but I'm gonna have to heat it up with a torch and bend it. The angle of the grom exhaust is a lil different

Old 07-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #7

Quote:
I'm just getting the "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available" box from imgur.

Out of curiosity, what were you doing when yours broke?
Yeah the imgur app is kinda garbage. I was just going for a cruise. About 3 miles of my daily commute is dirt roads though. It broke exactly like yours, except the front weld just came unbolted.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #8

Interesting. Makes me a little nervous actually. I'm debating a vader myself. The rest of the frame / welds seem pretty good?

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 07-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #9

Yeah, I understand your concern. After seeing my exhaust fall off, and having to deal with all the other nuances of a Chinese bike, I ask myself quite often if it's worth it and tbh I don't regret my purchase. From the glimpses of my bike I keep posting, I'm sure you can tell I have about $900 wrapped up in aftermarket mods, and yet my bike is still way cheaper than a used Grom. Once you get the bike figured out, it becomes extremely easy to find fixes to future breakdowns.

To answer your question: yes, from what I've seen all the other welds look pretty good. I honestly think mine broke from all the force from stoppies I've been doing. I blame myself for the exhaust breaking. This is the first case we've seen of a weld failing on the bike, but most people on these forums are running low mount exhaust so they are using different points on the bike to mount theirs.

I think the cause of the exhaust breaking is that one of the welds is bad, and the 2nd one broke because it had all the extra weight on it.

@PhildoScaggins, you mentioned one of your bolts came out, I'm guessing you mean that the farthest rear bolt came loose, and your exhaust weld ripped off on the can like mine did (2nd picture I posted). If that's the case, an aftermarket exhaust, or reinforcing the weld (if possible) would be a fairly easy fix to anybody who's concerned about this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Interesting. Makes me a little nervous actually. I'm debating a vader myself. The rest of the frame / welds seem pretty good?

Old 07-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #10

Good to know. Supposedly the newest batch of Vaders arriving to wholsellers is going to be modeled after the 2017 grom so the exhaust may be mounted differently. We'll see. Thanks for the reply.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 07-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #11

Quote:
@PhildoScaggins, you mentioned one of your bolts came out, I'm guessing you mean that the farthest rear bolt came loose, and your exhaust weld ripped off on the can like mine did (2nd picture I posted). If that's the case, an aftermarket exhaust, or reinforcing the weld (if possible) would be a fairly easy fix to anybody who's concerned about this problem.
It was actually the front tab that lost the bolt and the rear tab broke like yours. the weld were the pipe meets the muffler broke too. I bought one of these
that I need to bend the pipe a lil bit. crossing my fingers.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Good to know. Supposedly the newest batch of Vaders arriving to wholsellers is going to be modeled after the 2017 grom so the exhaust may be mounted differently. We'll see. Thanks for the reply.
Vader also puts out a bike that looks like the SSR Razkull and the Ice Bear Mini Monster. I wonder if everything is identical to the Vader, or had they improved things?

https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...torcycle-125cc

Kronik calls by its proper brand name: Boom http://www.kronikracing.com/Boom-Lil-Duc_p_398.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Vader also puts out a bike that looks like the SSR Razkull and the Ice Bear Mini Monster. I wonder if everything is identical to the Vader, or had they improved things?l[/url]
I think the mini monster has tires that are an inch bigger? other than that I'm pretty sure they're the same motor wise.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #14

So I pretty much ruined the exhaust I bought to get it on my bike, looks like crap.

I needed something, just had to hack it on so I could get to work the next day. I was thinking about buying one of these but I remember maxipad said he had to modify his kickstand. They dont look like you'd need to. Anyone else have experience with one of these exhausts?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Vader also puts out a bike that looks like the SSR Razkull and the Ice Bear Mini Monster. I wonder if everything is identical to the Vader, or had they improved things?
Check out my post here about the Venom x21 aka Boom BD-125-8. They are pretty much the same bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
So I pretty much ruined the exhaust I bought to get it on my bike, looks like crap.

I needed something, just had to hack it on so I could get to work the next day. I was thinking about buying one of these but I remember maxipad said he had to modify his kickstand. They dont look like you'd need to. Anyone else have experience with one of these exhausts?
That is the exhaust I have on my bike. I didn't attempt to mount it on the kick stand side but it does want to go that way. We heated mine up and bent it to go the other way and changed the bend a little to match these bikes