Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #16

hey Wigwam I think a csc tt250 is what you need. Good luck on your quest.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #17

Wigwam

I went thru the same thing that you are going thru when I researched buying a bike.

The only difference was the CSC TT250 was out of stock.

If it was in stock I may have went for it.

In the end I went with Superior Power Sports and Paid with a Credit Card.
I had pretty good luck I needed a part replaced due to shipping damages.
I also had to hound them on getting the MCO but I did get it before I had the bike assembled.

I did do a tear down and mods so it was a bit of time.

If you want zero risk buy nothing or buy from a local dealer.
If you want minimal risk pay for the CSC
If you can accept the risk and are capable of assembling and tweaking a bike
take you pick from the list of known sellers pay with a credit card and you will have some protection.

It is a crapshoot you are taking your chances. I had good luck with SPS others have not.

But I think the odds of getting a bike and it working are pretty good.
If it comes in one piece with no damages.

If it needs parts that is where it gets iffy.

Good luck in your search

Last edited by goat67; 08-03-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo

Old 08-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #18

I I had a decent experience with powerspotsmax, enough so that I would purchase from them again.also Culcune is friends with the gentlemen that owns Excalibur motorsports sounds like they are a top notch dealer

Last edited by sshevie; 08-03-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Fixed culcunes name

Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 PM   #19

Excalibur does business with Kandi USA; they are practically neighbors in the industrial parks where they are in So. Cal. The problem is Kandi only bought a couple containers of the Shark and Brozz--another, seemingly flaky at times company, deals with the Storm and Enforcer (I believe that is ASPCUSA's name for the bike, not the 'actual' name; probably same with the Storm). They (Kandi) ran out of the bikes. Excalibur won't deal with the other distributor because they feel they are flaky and Alan made the point of getting parts and whatnot if there is a warranty issue, something he did not have issues with dealing with Kandi. That being said--Alan can get the Hawk as he made contacts with Adam Renkleff when he was the rep, and has gotten to know the guy who took over for Adam.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #20

What's the webpage for Excaliber? There seems to be a few. If it is atv4you or something like that the "contact" link doesn't work.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
What's the webpage for Excaliber? There seems to be a few. If it is atv4you or something like that the "contact" link doesn't work.
That is it--their website is geared towards wholesale and is also out of date. They are licensed as a retailer, but they are geared towards wholesale, and even more specific, their TGB Scooters is their mainline. But he is able to get hold of products if he knows the distributor--Taotao is one of his favorite to deal with, but they are predominantly scooters and ATV's, not dual sports, unfortunately. Alan Tang is the general manager, and pretty much answers the phone all the time. It would serve you best to call him up and ask about what bike you want. As of right now, however, the Hawk 250 or Magician would be the bikes he can get for you since he won't deal with the distributor for the Enforcer. Alan's philosophy is that he likes to deal with distributors he knows because he will have few to none issues if it comes to warranty items. He is leery of the distributor of the Enforcer.

Excalibur 909-591-8800

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-09-2017, 06:42 AM   #22

Other than the USD forks (and different plastics), what's the difference between the Enforcer and the Stallion? I'm tall, so I need a taller seat height, so is it true that the Stallion had a 29" seat height?

Old 08-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
Other than the USD forks (and different plastics), what's the difference between the Enforcer and the Stallion? I'm tall, so I need a taller seat height, so is it true that the Stallion had a 29" seat height?
Responded to you on Youtube. Thats actually another reason i sold the Brozz. I'm not tall at 5-6 &(1/2").....Damn right, I'm counting that .5 inch!! Brozz was a bit tall for me on low speed maneuvers. Cruising it was fine though.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Stick with Bashan and you'll have no problems.
Please tell me more Merlin. I'm old too and I don't want a headache for 500 bucks difference, especially if that 500 comes with upgrades.

I live in Colorado as well. The DMV lady told me, "I cant find that exact manufacturer but I see similar bikes and it should be fine."

Umm, no. I just want to walk in, pay $100 for a plate and be on my way. No hassles.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugHawk View Post
Please tell me more Merlin. I'm old too and I don't want a headache for 500 bucks difference, especially if that 500 comes with upgrades.

I live in Colorado as well. The DMV lady told me, "I cant find that exact manufacturer but I see similar bikes and it should be fine."

Umm, no. I just want to walk in, pay $100 for a plate and be on my way. No hassles.
I had 0 problems getting my Bashan Blaze Registered in Colorado, it was in there computer system. You will have no problem getting any Bashan bike registered in CO but they will want an inspection of the bike.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:20 PM   #26

Just an FYI, if you have the chance again, don't let a Qlink get away. Especially the XP200. 2LZ will vouch that the 200cc Suzuki based bike exceeds any of the sub 250cc ones.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 04-28-2019, 07:41 PM   #27

I know of a guy locally who got a TT250 and put a counter-balanced six-speed CG 250 clone on it and takes it a few exits on the interstate most days of the week for work. If I knew about the engine early on I would of went that route.. That engine with the CSC head and some other mods..

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/40634641602/

I have a fleet of modded RPS bikes now though and have no plans of further investment.. They depreciate at least 1/2 the second you order them.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Someone recently in this forum section linked to a count-balanced six-speed CG 250 clone engine; it may have had liquid cooling too. I can't find the thread and don't know what it goes on. TT250 is counter-balanced five-speed and seems to have the best QA and head.

Fairly sure you are thinking of the Loncin RE250 engine. Gear driven counter balancer and 6spd transmission. Not a CG clone since it is OHC, but it would bolt in place of a cg with maybe a custom set of front mount brackets at most.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I agree with all of this. Obviously the Hawk requires a bit more fiddling, but a majority of the issues are known and have fixes that have been covered by members over the years.

One thing I would say that also gives the tt250 an edge on the hawk for its price is better suspension out of the box and better support from the dealer. I love my Hawk, but a small part of me wishes I would have tried to pick up a tt250. If I do get another enduro CB, then it will most likely be the lxr 250f. The upgrades on that bike across the board make it worth the extra cost.

For $600 more than the lxr250 you could get the 2019 BMW GS X 310.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 04-30-2019, 01:48 AM   #30

The Qlink was my first chinabike and the quality really impressed me. The SSR has the same quality as the Qlink plus a little extra power. 20,000 miles and much of that has been rides from the Mojave Desert into LA, that's an hour and a half of mountains, traffic, and extended stretches of WOT @ 70mph plus with luggage and it does this "out of the box" or dealership. I use it frequently as a courier in Downtown LA as well and it handles the abuse very well. It's no adventure bike, but if you want to occasionally carry a passenger, luggage, or do some highway miles I would recommend the SSR.