Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #1

hole in flexible intake...

I should have taken the picture before the patch but...I was getting some popping / sputtering at idle that I couldn't shake. I discovered a hole in my flexible intake runner. I have temporally "patched" this with rtv and I'm waiting on it to dry.

Brozz owners check yours where I have mine patched. Heck, put a picture of yours here so I can see just how bad mine really was.

***Wondering if the TT250 intake is the same??***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0336.jpg (41.3 KB, 208 views)

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I should have taken the picture before the patch but...I was getting some popping / sputtering at idle that I couldn't shake. I discovered a hole in my flexible intake runner. I have temporally "patched" this with rtv and I'm waiting on it to dry.

Brozz owners check yours where I have mine patched. Heck, put a picture of yours here so I can see just how bad mine really was.

Nice catch
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Nice catch
Yep. It runs much better now. Not sure how long that hole had been there but I know it had gotten progressively worse the last few days. Fairly sure that rtv will work for a while but Id still like to pick up a replacement if anyone knows where I could get the proper one.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

Old 05-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post

That part should be replaced under warranty. It is defective....ARH

Old 05-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
That part should be replaced under warranty. It is defective....ARH
It is, your right. But if you only know how much Ive had to bug them to warranty my rusted tank (still in transit from china), broken speedo cluster (was covered in brake fluid during shipping and its cracked all to pieces *This has since arrived*) , you would understand why I would just rather order it lol

Old 05-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #6

I'm waiting to find a solid aluminum one for when my Hawk's dry-rots. They're listed on amazon, but seem to be forever out of stock.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
I'm waiting to find a solid aluminum one for when my Hawk's dry-rots. They're listed on amazon, but seem to be forever out of stock.
Can you link me to it? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Get one from CSC for the tt250.
I'm thinking I may. Seems a lot of parts cross over to the Brozz.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #8

this it?
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-...p/zt15-101.htm

Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
99% sure yeah. I'll go with that one unless someone can link an ebay listing.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

Factory Bashan Brozz intake pic; here ya go MOTO

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #11

On a side note, have any of you Brozz/Shark/Enforcer owners pulled the EPA smog air injection nonsense off your motor yet? If so, please post pics and the proper procedure as I'm truly considering this modification. With the aftermarket exhaust, this is creating a small backfire upon deceleration, in addition to my sneaking suspicion that my stock pilot jet is too small.

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #12

Thanks Big! Mine had a perfect square hole. So perfect for a few minutes I was convinced it was supposed to be there lol. But reality set in and I plugged that bugger. Put over 100 miles on mine today (almost hitting 1K) and boy she ran great! Gonna order another intake, maybe a mukini carb, and just enjoy the heck out of this Brozz

Old 05-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #13

Thanks Jeff!

Old 05-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #14

This is extremely common and will happen to most, if not all of them in time. It will on;y get worse until you have the entire rubber area coated with RTV.3

I've had three of them and replaced them with this. Works great and helps support the carb better if you run a pod filter too. Unfortunately "currently unavailable"...but that changes. I have not had any issues with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-30-2017, 01:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
This is extremely common and will happen to most, if not all of them in time. It will on;y get worse until you have the entire rubber area coated with RTV.3

I've had three of them and replaced them with this. Works great and helps support the carb better if you run a pod filter too. Unfortunately "currently unavailable"...but that changes. I have not had any issues with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I been having that one on my wish list for a while if it would ever become available again. I haven't seen it anywhere else but on Amazon.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel