Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
Sounds like BS to me but I am ignorant and happy
Must be a curse to be so smart that to the common person you just sound like you are talking jibber jabber.
Be sure and give a big long response to this reply about how gracefull you was to CSC and how sorry you are to the simple minded people on every China bike out there.
I know it must be hard for you to see all the world's problems and have to fix them
You must be anal or is it anus I don't know I am sooooooooo stupid
It is a curse and I was quite nice with them. They coulda worked something out pretty easily but chose not to.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #62

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I am interested to see if this lawsuit prevails, and how Californians will no longer have a CSC bike to purchase. Not every lawsuit is successful, thank goodness, and lets hope this one isn't, and that CSC has expensive lawyers they had to hire to defend themselves that need to be paid from the losing party...
Not in this country (or at least incredibly rare) ..... Thank God. Each party has to pay it's own attorney's fees. Imagine you want to sue a major corp who might spend millions... it is a good thing, trust me. Lawyers suck until they are keeping you out of a state prison for something you didn't do. Oh yeah cars have air bags and crumple zones... not out of the kindness of the hearts of the auto manufactures.... but because of Lawyers.... Perfect system, no but the best system for the little guy. You don't scare big corporations..... your lawyers do.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...ide-30337.html

Old 09-29-2016, 01:36 AM   #63

I forgot, I was advised that they'd be counter-suing for recovery of their legal fees. I hadn't yet checked the law but wasn't scared off by it, just saw it as another ignorant attempt at shutting me down.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
I forgot, I was advised that they'd be counter-suing for recovery of their legal fees. I hadn't yet checked the law but wasn't scared off by it, just saw it as another ignorant attempt at shutting me down.
Were you advised by your legal counsel? California might be different.... (understatement)

Old 09-29-2016, 08:15 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Oh yeah cars have air bags and crumple zones... not out of the kindness of the hearts of the auto manufactures.... but because of Lawyers.... Perfect system, no but the best system for the little guy. You don't scare big corporations..... your lawyers do.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...ide-30337.html
advancements happen out of competition - auto makers have been competing for crash test rating for a long time.

COSTS increase thanks to lawyers and frivolous lawsuits (and poor business ethics)

lawyers are needed to help navigate the laws and the courtroom, but they are also the ones setting up the system so that it they are required more and more.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
advancements happen out of competition - auto makers have been competing for crash test rating for a long time.

COSTS increase thanks to lawyers and frivolous lawsuits (and poor business ethics)

lawyers are needed to help navigate the laws and the courtroom, but they are also the ones setting up the system so that it they are required more and more.
PLUS....and you should know this living on the coast....lawyers make terrific boat anchors.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Were you advised by your legal counsel? California might be different.... (understatement)
No, CSC advised me. I guess threatened would be another applicable word but it sounds a bit harsh so I softened it because it wasn't said in a threatening voice, just one of advisement.

The stuff you posted, didn't pay attention to the state it was from, applies in Ca.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by EachAdventure View Post
The document clearly states that a rod is to be used to feel for the spark arrester. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
Thank you. I've tried and tried to communicate this since the subject was brought up.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
No, CSC advised me. I guess threatened would be another applicable word but it sounds a bit harsh so I softened it because it wasn't said in a threatening voice, just one of advisement.

The stuff you posted, didn't pay attention to the state it was from, applies in Ca.
sounds like they have been advised by their lawyer that they are covered and will win.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 09-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
sounds like they have been advised by their lawyer that they are covered and will win.
Maybe.

If the judge decides that the law doesn't apply to them and the gavel comes down against me then I guess I'll have to deal with the unfortunate consequences, but the law seems pretty clearly written.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:07 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
PLUS....and you should know this living on the coast....lawyers make terrific boat anchors.

Not really, most of them are fairly buoyant looking. I plan to sleep at anchor this weekend so if you have one handy I'll give it a shot. I'll keep my anchor alarm on and sleep with one eye open.

Closed Thread