Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #16

he got a job as a farm hand?that is about all i know. but it is a huge farm that grows fruit and veggies and has chickens...yes if he can find a place for us out there,we are very excited.ohio just has nothing anymore. and it is something our family needs.i will tell him over and over again to be careful until i know he is there safe. thank you for your thoughts and kind words once again. yes he is trying to go straight through, he is stubborn!!! right now he is almost to st paul, mn. he is looking for a camp ground or something to get a few hours of sleep. lets see,what did he take...not enough food he did say! but thats what he gets for not listening! he has the 2 boxes on the sides of his rack that he packed with i am not really sure.i think he put his rain suit in one, his papers and stuff for the bike are in 1. he took a water-proof army bag with his clothes, a blanket, pillow and an extra pair of boots and personal hygene things. and a lunch box he also strapped onto his bike with his phone, camera, ipod, wallet. i really cant remember what all he took...sad because i helped pack it.but we went through 3 different ways of packing before he decided for final how he was going to do it. he did say earlier that he was going to mail his things back!!! if i forgot anything, sorry i will look over it later.thank you again..and i will try to figure out how to upload the pics i took of him before he left yesterday before i go tobed...he did say that he did take some pictures of mountains,so i cant wait to see and share them, somehow!!! :wink:

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #17

Thank you for the update, Mrs. Jim. I will continue to remember Jim in my prayers.

If you set up an account at Photobucket, or another photograph host, you can learn to post photos on these forums by reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=6240

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #18

You seem like a fine family. It sounds like you love him very much, you are lucky to have one another. More prayers sent.

Somewhere, when times are better for you all, maybe you guys can take a nice lesiurely motorcycle ride around your new home.

Keep in touch with us!

Bill

Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #19

Okay. He has an iron butt ride. Probably 1100 miles on secondary roads.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...27&ie=UTF8&z=6

Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #20

....and they say the American Spirit of Adventure is gone. I think not!
All the news has to do is quit focusing on the coasts and look into it's heartland!
You go for it, Jim-Family! My prayers to you all!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Okay. He has an iron butt ride. Probably 1100 miles on secondary roads.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...27&ie=UTF8&z=6
It is not fun to ride around Chicago! 8O Please say a prayer for Jim's safety.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #22

Thank you, we are a very lucky family to have each other. we have been through a very tough year and hopefully this is the break that we have been waiting for, fingers crossed!! Yes his butt is very sore...lol that is the first thing I hear when he calls. Last nite he was i think in St Paul, MN by a river (sorry i dont know where he was!! i am not sure he did!) but he was sitting there for a rest and dozing off. he forgot to call me when he decided what he was going to do, but called at 8:30am. while he was sitting there he said he looked over and saw someone beside him smoking a cig. turns out the guy is a fellow advrider, he said. that is from that area and told jim he looked really tired. they talked for awhile and the guy told him that he knew somewhere he *jim* prob could get away with crashing at, a park nearby. so jim said that the park was closed @ dark, but they went ahead in. and not even 10 minutes later a cop pulled in shinning his light all around.. that is just jims luck!! but the guy, jim didnt tell me his name!, but his id on advrider ( i hope that is the right thing) is wingnut11. Wingnut11 told the officer how jim was out there for a job and didnt have anywhere to sleep and was super tired. and didnt want to set up a tent or anything just get a few hours of sleep. the officer said that was just fine. i am floored by this bc around here people arent that kind at all. anyways he got some sleep, and cleaned up...and is now back on the road. i am pretty sure he said he has just under 200mi til he reaches where he is going. Fergus Falls, MN.
I am so greatful that there are still kind people out there, you just have to go far to find them!! And many thanks go out to all of you for your prayers and thoughts..Jim is excited that there are so many of you interested in his journey...believe me we have read many and he has always said that he wants to go on a long trip...well here is a start to the beginning of that for him! I have a feeling he will really be addicted now! Which is fine by me. and i agree if the media and news would focus on the anything other than the bad/negative things in the world then maybe people would see how people and the world really are. but i will not go into my views on that. thank you all again for your thoughts and kinds words. i uploaded the pics i have so i am going to put *try* anyways to post them. he did say that he has been taking some of what he can..that there was nothing good to get a pic of until he got westward...so we will have to wait to see what is worthy in his mind! until next time. Mrs Jim!!

and yes spudRider, that is pretty close to exactly the miles that we had figured up!

and a huge thank you to wingnut11, even if this isnt the right site, jim said that there are many that use both, so if your reading this..thank you and jim will for sure keep in touch wiht you! :wink:

[/img]

Old 08-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #23

some pics

Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #24

What a small planet! I'm amazed that someone Jim knew through a forum ran across him. 8O

I'm glad to hear that Jim is doing ok; he's made from tougher stuff than I am!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #25

Really glad he got some good sleep.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #26

If he needs anything mechanical to stop by Koep's Corner in Alexandria, MN. Tell to ask for Tom and that his son in law sent him.

If any problems have him call me. I will pm you my number.

Allen

Old 08-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #27

I saw on the news today some weather in the Chicago area. I hope it does not affect him at all.

His voyage may be the longest single trip any of us have ever done on a Chinabike. I hope the little bike continues to hold up will. Based on the fact Jim has already performed an engine swap I'm figuring he's good with a wrench.

There still ARE good people. Plenty in fact. The problem is the bad (acting) people make more noise and are more obvious than the silent majority.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #28

Thank you for the update, and thank you for posting the photos, Mrs. Jim! I am pleased to hear Jim is safe, and I will continue to pray for him.

I was very glad to see Jim wears good, protective riding gear. I am also very glad to see you both have a beautiful daughter.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #29

thank you so much
katoranger.that is so very kind of you. and jim didnt know what to dowhen i told him about your post. yes jimis very good with a wrench and tools.the only thing is,s that he didnt take any with him!! the weather in chicago didnt affect him..he has been long gone through there! i talked to him about an hour ago and he said he only had 35 miles to go until he was where hes headed for!!! so i am waiting for the call to say that he is there. thank you spud, yes our daughter is very beautiful, but then again of course she is mine!! we also have 2 boys..which i didnt post a pic of them, they were busy playing. well i am sorry if i missed someones comment, i try to get them all. i will let you all know when he gets there.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #30

I just got the call that he is there!!! so that would mean that his trip took about 50hours... wow that sure is an awful long time, but he did it and he made it there safe and sound thank God. thank you again for all the kind thoughts and prayers!![/b]