Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2022, 05:53 PM   #1

Magician Chain

Can someone tell me if the chain that fits the Hawk will fit the Magician. I know the rear sprocket is different, I just need a longer chain to fit/change the front sprocket and I can only find chains for the Hawk.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:09 PM   #2

Hi, I have a 17t front sprocket on my magician. Do not buy a hawk chain. Buy a size 428 quality chain. Buy a roller chain, an o-ring chain may hit the sprocket cover. I bought a 130 link parts unlimited brand, t428h chain. It's an economy chain but it's much better quality than stock. (Part number 11212130). I usually use D.I.D chains but my local shop had this one in stock. I had to remove 2 or 3 links.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:47 PM   #3

Thank you!!!

Old 05-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #4

Update. Got the new chain and it fit perfect after removing some links. Now I have a 17t front sprocket!

Old 05-27-2022, 09:27 AM   #5

Awsome! It makes a huge difference.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #6

So your 130 link chain fot the 17t sprocket worked or how many links did u end up with. Im having the same exact issue with my magician right now. Literally no l chain till i can order one.cut the old.one off cuz i hate chainbreakers lol but screwed me cuz now im wsiting on order right now. Being the tire all the way forward from factory i was like maybe 2 or 3 links short for the 17t, what a bummer. I'm looking for a chain but it is hard to find in length i need about 65 inches but they all advertising number of chain-link it's just hard for me to. I guess i cold go count thm but I m a lazy ass someone gota knock stock chain link count?! Haha

Old 05-30-2022, 02:31 PM   #7

I dont know exactly what the stock length is. The chain I have on right now is 126 links including the master link. That is with a 17t front and stock rear sprocket.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGcloner229 View Post
So your 130 link chain fot the 17t sprocket worked or how many links did u end up with. Im having the same exact issue with my magician right now. Literally no l chain till i can order one.cut the old.one off cuz i hate chainbreakers lol but screwed me cuz now im wsiting on order right now. Being the tire all the way forward from factory i was like maybe 2 or 3 links short for the 17t, what a bummer. I'm looking for a chain but it is hard to find in length i need about 65 inches but they all advertising number of chain-link it's just hard for me to. I guess i cold go count thm but I m a lazy ass someone gota knock stock chain link count?! Haha
I just bought an extra long chain and removed some links.

Tags
chain, magician