Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #1

Has anyone bought a Magician?

I just want to know if anyone has ordered the new Magician, and where they ordered it from. I was close to ordering the Hawk, but then saw the Magician, which is much more up my alley.

I see they are selling them here:
http://www.360powersports.com/New-Bu...tock-now-!.htm

and here:
http://www.txpowersports.com/New_Buy...tock-now-!.htm

The photos they use of the bike seem to be the same ones used on any site that lists the Magician, and TXpowersports has only one review, with the reviewer saying he was sent a Hawk instead of the Magician. I really want to get this bike, but I want to make sure that if I buy it from an online dealer I will be getting THIS bike.

Any more information anyone can give me on the bike and the best way/place to get one would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #2

Man, if I got shipped the wrong bike, I'd do a charge back if they wouldn't correct the problem.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #3

Yep, refuse shipment delivery and charge back the cc. Then its their problem for not getting it right.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #4

Yeah, I definitely would do that if it happened. I just wanted to see if anyone else had bought one already and had a good experience with a particular seller. I'd love to be able to buy it with some confidence haha.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
Yeah, I definitely would do that if it happened. I just wanted to see if anyone else had bought one already and had a good experience with a particular seller. I'd love to be able to buy it with some confidence haha.
I here ya...buying a cb with confidence, good luck with that
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I here ya...buying a cb with confidence, good luck with that

Haha yes I know I shouldn't really expect that with a cb, I just wanna be able to get the right one to my door at least.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #7

Motocheez got one (not sure if he got one free for promoting RPS so much via his youtube videos) but has not put up any updated videos.

I believe both firms linked to above are owned by the same guy, 'Manny' who is member 'Azhule's' favorite online seller (sarcasm--he has legitimate complaints). He owns 5 or six different retail dealers and online sites under differing names.

My only concern about the bike from the videos (Motocheez's and one of Manny's Texas dealers) of the Magician is that it looks like it bounces alot in the rear considering there is no direct shock back there. It seems like it is for smaller riders due to the 'bouncing' situation, at least from the few videos of the bike out there. I can imagine it would sag over time. For most riders, the Hawk would be a better bike, but perhaps for someone getting their short, light girlfriend to learn to ride, a Magician would be the second bike in the 2-pack. I had wanted to buy one when I saw RPS post a photo several months ago, but now would probably stick with a Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-12-2016, 12:39 AM   #8

Motocheez's video can be linked from one of the links posted above, and here is TX Powersport's video of the Magician. Watching it again, it does look kind of interesting...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #9

Thanks for the info culcune. I had a feeling those two sites were the same seller(same photos, same location, etc..). I see what you mean about the fear of the bike sagging, however I like the lower riding position, and I like the look of the bike a lot more than that of the Hawk; just personal taste. I also like that the bike is geared higher as I won't be doing any off-roading really, and I like that the bike (supposedly) is lighter and has better gas mileage. I would love to pull the trigger on this bike, just wish there was a highly regarded seller I could buy one from

Old 09-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #10

Wow....that is a lot smaller than I first thought....but I do like the idea it has a real rack on the back.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #11

Quote:
I would love to pull the trigger on this bike, just wish there was a highly regarded seller I could buy one from
You and me both... I really like the looks of the Magician (and the HAWK actually)... but I still have nightmares of ordering and dealing with 'Manny'.

Hope to see the Magician up on the APSC site one day... then I will call and see about the price about shipping 1 HAWK and 1 Magician together

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
You and me both... I really like the looks of the Magician (and the HAWK actually)... but I still have nightmares of ordering and dealing with 'Manny'.

Hope to see the Magician up on the APSC site one day... then I will call and see about the price about shipping 1 HAWK and 1 Magician together

I find it hard to believe that there are NO other dealers selling the Magician, specifically ones that I don't have to be worried about getting scammed in any kind of way.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #13

Looks like a capable CB but It just seems like there is less of what you get from a hawk or a bashan. I belive pricing are equal to hawks but It seems like you are getting less of a bike. Like rvs , you pay more for smaller units. Good bike for those that require it's specs.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that there are NO other dealers selling the Magician, specifically ones that I don't have to be worried about getting scammed in any kind of way.
These guys show one on their site, and are not one of 'Manny's' stores:

http://www.motobuys.com/sportbikes.html

Manny did join us here, as well as Motobuys months ago, but it seemed like both owners joined due to negative publicity. OK, 'Manny' joined due to compliments, and never did address 'Azhule's' complaints.

The RPS rep, Adam, has stated that one can buy a Magician from ANY dealer who sells Hawks and he links Q9 Powersports to his name here, and some have reporting buying from QP (Hawks, not Magicians) and had good results. APSC should be able to get Magicians, too, and I bet would package them with a nice discount if you asked them. According to EVERYONE who has reviewed them, they have no problem getting hold of them on the phone, and all questions are answered.

It seems that member SANY has had a good initial ownership experience with his Bashan Brozz, and has mentioned in his video that the seat height is 31" which confirms Powersportsmax's seat height listing. You might want to check out the Brozz to compare bikes. 31" opens up a whole new range of possibilities without the sagging rear!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #15

Thanks again for the information culcune. I really appreciate it. Maybe I'll reach out to Q9 and APSC and see if they have Magicians to sell. Perhaps I'll reach out to Adam too.

Tags
hawk, magician