Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #16

Talk to Don at APSC he works real hard for his customers and I bet he can get you a magician.

I just order a Go Kart for my son from them and they are great to deal with.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
I find it hard to believe that there are NO other dealers selling the Magician, specifically ones that I don't have to be worried about getting scammed in any kind of way.
They can all sell the Magician, all they have to do is send us an email and order it. A lot of these online dealers aren't very good about editing their website, so it takes them forever to add or remove things. Just call someone that sells the Hawk and tell them you want the Magician.

Also, not that there is anything wrong with APSC, but any dealer can do the same two-pack offer Don has on his website -- just for some reason he is the only one that bothered to list it. The main reason I list Q9 is because if there is a problem, I can always get the owner on the phone and try to deal with it.

There actually isn't any difference between most of the dealers, its the same product coming from the same warehouse on the same semi-trucks. Even the MCO timing isn't as different as people think, its just some people get lucky and some don't. The biggest differences are some dealers are more experienced with the DMV in certain regions, and how good their mechanic is at identifying problems over the phone and submitting coherent parts requests.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #18

Thanks for chiming in, Adam! It is always nice getting word from the 'source' of the bike, which is more than other brands! Motobuys does have a photo of the bike, but they always re-name their bikes with defunct brands of Chinese brands, such as Jetmoto, Lancer, Kymoto, etc. The Magician is called a Lancer Road Warrior at Motobuys

BTW, are the Magicians only in Dallas, or do you have any in L.A.?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #19

Wow, thanks for all the input guys. And thanks again Adam for the information, I hope others interested in getting a Magician will look to this now. Also, haha they called some models jetmoto? Like the playstation game way back when? That's too good. Anyways, thanks again everyone for the input and information!

Old 09-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #20

Jetmoto is a defunct brand of Chinese bikes from the mid-2000's. I had a '06 Jetmoto 200cc enduro. Lancer was a brand that is now defunct from around the same time period. I vaguely remember Kymoto. Vento was another brand. One of their bikes was a re-branded Zongshen Sierra. Anyway, enough Chinabike memory lane--call Motobuys and see what kind of deal they can do for you on their 'Lancer Road Warrior'. Member SANY bought a Bashan Brozz from them, even though he was trying to buy a Bashan Storm, and had good things to say about his service. We'll see how long the MCO takes to get to him, but Adam can walk you through the process to expedite the MCO from Motobuys if you buy a Magician from them (not really 'expedite' but rather get it in the proper time period).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #21

Linking to 'Motocheez's' video on his Magician, one of the commenters named Israel Diaz mentioned he bought it from Motobuys and had a good experience.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2016, 12:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Motobuys does have a photo of the bike, but they always re-name their bikes with defunct brands of Chinese brands...

BTW, are the Magicians only in Dallas, or do you have any in L.A.?
Yes, I was dealing with Motobuys renaming today... they had people thinking the Hawk was a Vento, it was a real hassle to figure out what was going on...

The Magicians are only in Dallas, we had a warehouse in LA this summer but it was a waste of money... in the summer, sales on the West Coast are pretty dismal since California is a no-go zone... Our new smarter plan is to open a warehouse in either Atlanta or Cincinnati

Old 09-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
Yes, I was dealing with Motobuys renaming today... they had people thinking the Hawk was a Vento, it was a real hassle to figure out what was going on...
Not just a Vento, but they also have a Lancer! A Lancer RTS Deluxe. $20 difference between the two. What is the difference to warrant $20?

http://www.motobuys.com/lancer-enduro-250.html

http://www.motobuys.com/vento-hen-enduro-250cc.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #24

ironheart--

You can add these guys to your short list:

As with most online dealers--you have to ignore a few things like "Big 21"/18" Wheels"

http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/33_83

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Adam can walk you through the process to expedite the MCO
I will admit that more can and should be done to expedite MCOs, although I've heard from more than one vendor that we are already better than the other importers.

There is a lot of room for human error: the person who prints the MCO is not the same person who signs it, and someone else mails it, someone else receives it, someone else signs it again, someone else mails it. There are multiple opportunities to screw up information like the VIN number or who the MCO is ultimately being sent to. Since it gets mailed twice, its twice as likely to get lost or delayed in the mail. If someone gets wrong, everything has to be reprinted and resigned and remailed all over again. We have improved and are improving our computers to streamline the process.

The idea of the MCO makes a lot of sense from a regulatory perspective, but the way it is done is not suited for online sales. How can a vendor actually certify an MCO on a unit they've never physically seen or had in their possession?

Old 09-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post

The Magicians are only in Dallas, we had a warehouse in LA this summer but it was a waste of money... in the summer, sales on the West Coast are pretty dismal since California is a no-go zone... Our new smarter plan is to open a warehouse in either Atlanta or Cincinnati
I would put my warehouse in either Mobile, Alabama or New Orleans, Louisiana, or Galveston/Houston, Texas. Seaports. Shorter trucking distances to potential customers in the east, midwest, and the southwest. All of them are located on Interstate routes. All of them have very good rail service.
New Orleans and Houston have great truck service. Adam, I think the most important thing is maintaining the Hawk as a name brand. That way you can get dealers, and build enough traffic in order to have real first class parts distribution. The first C/B outfit in the United States to realise this is going to end up the big winner. It would also allow you to sell higher profit after sales parts, like a rear shock with adjustable dampening, for one. I don't think you can offer this on the original bike, as it raises production costs too high.

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 09-13-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #27

hello, did you end up getting the magician? I got one a few months ago and I am impressed with what this bike can do. this is not my first dirtbike and was a bit skeptical about buying a Chinese bike but it has kept up with my ridding buddies on their Hondas and kawis. If you a short like me this is the bike for you any questions let me know, oh ya I got mine from txpowersports and the whole process went great. good luck

Old 09-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #28

Question Fellow illinoisian

Hey Ironheart, i live in illinois and i was curios if you got the magician and were able to get it street legal here. I hear they arent?!?!

Old 10-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #29

I have had my Magician for about 18 months

First thing to know is that the stock gearing is 15/45
Switching to a 17T front helps a little but changing the rear sprocket is impossible without changing the whole wheel assembly
That's because the bolt pattern is a large 6 bolt and there is no room for a smaller OD chain wheel
I solved this by fitting a rear wheel from an old Honda XL

The seat is narrow and kind of hard, so not the best for trips
The fuel tank is small and due to the shape of the frame, it would not be easy to find an alternative

I have a 30" inseam and I cannot flat foot the bike, but it is not so tall that I feel uncomfortable

Also the rear suspension uses dog bone links, so it could be lowered if you really want to

I have not made any other mods to mine and I doubt that I will
Overall I am pleased with it; it's light, fun to ride and I like the looks

BTW: I got mine from APSC USA

Old 12-07-2018, 12:03 AM   #30

I'm thinking of buying one from Superior Power Sports.
$939 plus $279 shipping.

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/...b-magician.htm

What's the word on them?

I sold my Bashan awhile back, it was OK, but the footpegs were too far forward, how is the footpeg position on the Magician?
Be a Piggy!

Tags
hawk, magician